Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Q for Islam apologists

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Bibletalk w/ J?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

“ ‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
    Leviticus 20:13 NIV

That's the Bible.... Your eyes are as good as mine.

Does the Old Testament still apply? Thought there was a new covenant based on forgiveness and mercy for sins? Is the book of Leviticus even talking about literal death or is it speaking in a figurative sense of spiritual death as the bible often does?

Love thy neighbor and let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Hmm. Seems to be at odds with Leviticus. Wonder why?

"The wages of sin are death" wasn't talking about the act of killing. It's talking about the fact that your death on earth will be final and you will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    So you're saying the first few chapters of your book are just filler?
    No. The purpose of the Old Testament is to illustrate the old covenant held by the Hebrews, which involved animal sacrifice to atone for sins. It contains sections where the New Covenant is hinted at through divine prophecy. It also serves to illustrate Jewish history and culture. You need all that to truly understand the purpose/background behind the New Covenant, which was to extend salvation beyond the Jews to the Gentiles.

Members of the Jewish faith do not recognize Jesus or the new covenant. They follow the Torah, which is contained in the first five books IIRC.
    Just like you truly need to understand the Quran. Rather then trusting your biased news source.
    Prove me wrong with your deep understanding of Islamic law and theology!
    That's the point. You know nothing about the Quran yet are saying it's the Qurans fault for the violence. But your own Bible has similar violent passages that can be misconstrued.
    Jesus never murdered anyone and he wasn't a power hungry warlord.
    Crack a book J.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
  • Options
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

“ ‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Does the Old Testament still apply? Thought there was a new covenant based on forgiveness and mercy for sins? Is the book of Leviticus even talking about literal death or is it speaking in a figurative sense of spiritual death as the bible often does?

Love thy neighbor and let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Hmm. Seems to be at odds with Leviticus. Wonder why?

"The wages of sin are death" wasn't talking about the act of killing. It's talking about the fact that your death on earth will be final and you will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    No. The purpose of the Old Testament is to illustrate the old covenant held by the Hebrews, which involved animal sacrifice to atone for sins. It contains sections where the New Covenant is hinted at through divine prophecy. It also serves to illustrate Jewish history and culture. You need all that to truly understand the purpose/background behind the New Covenant, which was to extend salvation beyond the Jews to the Gentiles.

Members of the Jewish faith do not recognize Jesus or the new covenant. They follow the Torah, which is contained in the first five books IIRC.
    Just like you truly need to understand the Quran. Rather then trusting your biased news source.
    That's the point. You know nothing about the Quran yet are saying it's the Qurans fault for the violence. But your own Bible has similar violent passages that can be misconstrued.
    One doesn't have to understand the Quran to understand that the people that take their Islam seriously seem to agree with Js interpretation.
    Yet there more peaceful Muslims then there are total Christians in this world.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    To answer your question amid this riveting religious studies seminar, there are ten countries that have a death penalty for homosexuality. Nine of them are Islamic states, the other is Nigeria, which is more or less split between Christianity and Islam. My source is not Trump sanctioned though, so feel free to dismiss it.

The more you know™.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/13/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death-2/
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,506
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's almost as if radical islam is a bipartisan issue that doesn't get treated as such.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Jesus never murdered anyone and he wasn't a power hungry warlord.
    Crack a book J.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
    1. That isn't a book.
    2. The criticism of Mohammed article is about 4x the length of the main one. Wonder why that is?
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

It's almost as if radical islam is a bipartisan issue that doesn't get treated as such.

It's almost as if there are fucked up people that use religion as a reason to murder others. America would never do that tho.

Oh wait.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

So god brought in a new scheme and a new attitude?

Supreme.
    Jesus just needed more time to get his own guys in there.

But then one of his own guys snitched on him and got him killed.
    Snitches get stiches.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like Hondo needs to take a walk through Syria to gain some perspective. Go tell them to be more tolerant to their FACE.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    koopdog said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

One doesn't have to understand the Quran to understand that the people that take their Islam seriously seem to agree with Js interpretation.
    Yet there more peaceful Muslims then there are total Christians in this world.
    Source? You're a fucking idiot as usual. I have lived among these folk in 4 different cuntries. If you call being misogynist to the point of beating and maiming, even killing a woman if she gazes on an infidel, throwing homos off of buildings, and having no intrinsic value for human life peaceful, you're the biggest dumbfuck that ever fucked.

It is not a religion of peace. At all. It is a religion of hate. Go ahead and marginalize the fringe Christians that mainstream Christianity disowns. Cool. I do too.

Imagine a Christian radical group in a Moslem Cuntry doing what these fucks are doing in ours. How would that be dealt with? With open border, cries for tolerance, and disarming the population? They're bullies no matter what you think.

If this country was a bully, we'd own Canada, Mexico, and the world except for China.

Fuck off and grow the fuck up.

I see we both listened to Carolla this morning. Most cathartic.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2016
    I"m not worried about the peaceful ones.

There's also way more violent Muslims than violent Christians, too. And it's not even close.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Sounds like Hondo needs to take a walk through Syria to gain some perspective. Go tell them to be more tolerant to their FACE.

The road to Damascus is lovely this time of year
    June is really the best time to visit the Middle East.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2016

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

The road to Damascus is lovely this time of year
    June is really the best time to visit the Middle East.
    Just make sure you enjoy your "sodas" in a red cup ;)
    Be classy and keep your head if rival fans try to talk smack!
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I took a long walk through a large mosque in India close to Pakistan, was wearing a UW shirt too. But they made us take off our shoes and walk barefoot, was gross as fuck. It was in Ajmer, look it up on Google maps.
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

It's almost as if there are fucked up people that use religion as a reason to murder others. America would never do that tho.

Oh wait.
    Wake me when the US Army is crucifying/beheading/blowing up people for not accepting Christ into their heart.
    I heard a liberal cock jockey make a point that the vast majority of the US Army is Christian so everything should be construed as a religious war.

L-O- fucking L. So is the vast majority of America. Interestingly, the LDS serve in the military in statistically skewed numbers. They're patriotic Americans. I hassled them my whole career in a good natured way but found them to be outstanding Soldiers. (We capitalize Soldier....just to let you know)

I had absolutely zero moslem Soldiers in my career. An as a Senior Field Grade I met and served with thousands and thousands.

We fight wars for a lot of reasons.... ending fascism, slavery, or to halt the spread of communism and Terrorism... even to secure the economic freedom of our people. Which is a fine reason IMHO. Back when Hearst and Roosevelt started the Spanish American war it was to prove that we had a cock. But.... we have NEVER started a war for Jesus.