Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark during game week

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,870 Founders Club
I think back to what Woodward said in 2010, that he and Sark spend 1.5 hours talking everyday. And today we hear that they met this week to discuss future schedules -- when Sark should be 100% focused on Arizona.

You never heard about Mike Lude standing around shooting the bull with Don James for 1.5 hours a day during the season. In fact, one booster I know who was extremely prominent back then once told me a story that he was in Coach James's office during the season in the 1980s. He said people were in and out and Coach James was multi-tasking like a mutha f'er. Mike Lude needed to talk to him and James said to come back at X time and that he had 5 minutes. Lude arrived right on time, and exactly five minutes later, their issue got resolved and Lude was out of there.

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    I doubt they talk for an hour and a half.....seems like it was lip service to the media
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    I like Zona this week
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    TommySQC said:

I doubt they talk for an hour and a half.....seems like it was lip service to the media

I sure hope not. I expect they did probably used to talk more but things should theoretically be in place now so even if they meet daily I would hope they don't generally need more than 5-10 minutes.

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Can you imagine Saban, or Les Miles, or Urb...basically any coach with balls having Pool Boy come into his office on a game week wanting to shoot the shit for an hour and a half and not telling him to fuck off?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    i think you're underestimating how many meetings are required to manufacture special seasons
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    With the double sided fire place in sarks office pool boy cuddling on the couch made out of Ferrari leather drinking a bold red wine over looking the stadium discussing AA schools to schedule giggling over 50 point meaningless wins.....I believe it.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Meek said:

i think you're underestimating how many meetings are required to manufacture justifications for incremental progress

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

I like Zona this week

TGIFO.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    jecornel said:

drinking a bold red wine

Kim is there?
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    aka Deep Throat.
    TommySQC said:

jecornel said:

drinking a bold red wine

Kim is there?
  • This is where the lack of discipline comes from. Sark doesn't strike me as an attention to detail type of coach from all the stories I've heard about him.

I remember hearing James daughter who was a cheerleader at the school in 1990 saying USC week she didn't see her dad at all because he was so dialed in on the game.

Meanwhile Sark is dicking off talking some Pool Boy for an 1.5 hrs every day.

Like other posters said no way a serious football coach would tolerate that. They'd be like "this is game week I'm a little busy preparing for this game can you make an appoitment I have maybe 10 minutes to talk".
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    getting pretty nitpicky around here
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    jecornel said:

With the double sided fire place in sarks office pool boy cuddling on the couch made out of Ferrari leather drinking a bold red wine from Vino at the landing over looking the stadium discussing AA schools to schedule giggling over 50 point meaningless wins.....I believe it.

• chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

I think back to what Woodward said in 2010, that he and Sark spend 1.5 hours talking everyday. And today we hear that they met this week to discuss future schedules -- when Sark should be 100% focused on Arizona.

You never heard about Mike Lude standing around shooting the bull with Don James for 1.5 hours a day during the season. In fact, one booster I know who was extremely prominent back then once told me a story that he was in Coach James's office during the season in the 1980s. He said people were in and out and Coach James was multi-tasking like a mutha f'er. Mike Lude needed to talk to him and James said to come back at X time and that he had 5 minutes. Lude arrived right on time, and exactly five minutes later, their issue got resolved and Lude was out of there.

Gotta agree with puppysteel (did I just type that??). This is pretty nitpicky.

As you point out, coaches multitask. They are CEOs. The meeting about schedules could have been 5 minutes.

I honestly don't think the issue with Sark is dedication or scheduling.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    I don't know about pool boy but the issue with sark is clearly focus and dedication in my opinion. There's not s lot that separates winning from losing and the team reflects the coach
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,825
    edited September 2013

getting pretty nitpicky around here

It is not being nitpicky if you are expressing a concern. If you're being negative or critical, then we have no room for you. Wait......you're not one of the big 5. Mods. Please delete this poast and ban him for a week.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    i don't even talk to my wife for 90 minutes/day during football season... how the hell the coach has time for poolboy is hardly nitpicky.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

Gotta agree with puppysteel (did I just type that??). This is pretty nitpicky.

As you point out, coaches multitask. They are CEOs. The meeting about schedules could have been 5 minutes.

I honestly don't think the issue with Sark is dedication or scheduling.

He Needs More Tim already pointed out, it's the attention to details that we're bitching about. Sark does not appear to be the kinda coach that's focused on every single detail to the point of micro-managing things.

There's a saying I remember from my days in the Army "tactics (playcalling) are for amateurs. Logistics (being the headcoach) are for the professionals."

Sark loves his tactics.
    Fine. But "attention to detail" is not implicated one way or the other by Sark meeting to discuss scheduling during game weeks.

That was my point.