Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Season 6 Episode 8 Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BWB = Red witch/Lord of Light dudes and Al Swarengen's camp = Lords of the Seven or whatever (sparrow fuckers).

It's a holy war.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

BWB = Red witch/Lord of Light dudes and Al Swarengen's camp = Lords of the Seven or whatever (sparrow fuckers).

It's a holy war.

Maybe.

There's a theory from the books that the brotherhood is actually part of a Targaryen restoration effort. Unfortunately, the bulk of that story appears to be cut from the show.

We know that Kinvara the head Red Priestess is backing Dany. She even said she would get her best priests to spread the word of Dany as the savior (and the word of the Red God of course). Maybe that message made its way to Thoros and the BWB.

I'm not sure how slaughtering innocents helps Dany take back Westeros, unless they are waging a preemptive holy war on her behalf (which could be frivolous if Dany doesn't convert, which seems unlikely).

BUT...maybe the BWB were telling the truth about protecting the people, but they feel under-appreciated for their efforts. Maybe they've fallen on hard times themselves. So when they were denied aid from the villagers, they just moved on out of frustration. They can't protect everyone, and would rather protect those that would supply them for their efforts. This exposes the villagers to attack from another group, which The Hound assumes is the BWB.

Either way, just murdering them for their shit doesn't add up without some explanation. If they were sacrificing infidels to the Red God, why didn't they burn them?
  • Options
    Fuck my tl;dr Tequilla rant
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The BWB are basically just thugs and criminals that have acted ethically so far as it suits them; in a war however all niceties eventually come to an end.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

He isn't Robert Strong in the show. They aren't even hiding that it's The Mountain, nor did they send a skull to Dorne lol

More Hound is a great thing, but with storylines coming together it seems odd to add in a new one. I'm guessing he joins up with....someone. Arya again? I wish.

Letter had to be to LF, yes? Or Robin Arryn (which is essentially the same thing). I have a horrible fear that her keeping this a secret from Jon is going to get Jon hurt or killed.

Jaime and Blackfish was best scene IMO. Blackfish is a boss.

The fact that they've made it so clear she hasn't turned gives me worry that she will die horribly. Just a feeling.

Which would be worse? UW losing to Oregon for the 13th time in a row in 2016 OR Jon Snow, Sansa, and all the remaining Wildlings dying at Winterfell?

Where is the fucking Tower of Joy resolutionm?

Dany ZzzZzzZzzzZ

100% yes.

Why else would she do it in secret without consulting anyone?

Who else can help them?

On another note, the Blackfish is a boss.

Jaime bitch slapping the Frey and dissing their "army" the entire time has to be a build up to him changing sides and helping Brienne in the REAL war. Or else his redemption arc is for nothing.

Why is the Brotherhood slaughtering innocent people? Doesn't make sense beyond a crucible event to turn the Hound back into a killing machine.
    I think the BWB are Lannister soldiers posing as BWB members. I fucking hope, anyway. Otherwise, bad writing.

Also Jaime saw the Frey leadership. Then he saw Blackfish's. I hope he switches sides.
    I think it was really them. The one dude even had a yellow cloak, like Lem Lemonparty from the books.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

He isn't Robert Strong in the show. They aren't even hiding that it's The Mountain, nor did they send a skull to Dorne lol

More Hound is a great thing, but with storylines coming together it seems odd to add in a new one. I'm guessing he joins up with....someone. Arya again? I wish.

Letter had to be to LF, yes? Or Robin Arryn (which is essentially the same thing). I have a horrible fear that her keeping this a secret from Jon is going to get Jon hurt or killed.

Jaime and Blackfish was best scene IMO. Blackfish is a boss.

The fact that they've made it so clear she hasn't turned gives me worry that she will die horribly. Just a feeling.

Which would be worse? UW losing to Oregon for the 13th time in a row in 2016 OR Jon Snow, Sansa, and all the remaining Wildlings dying at Winterfell?

Where is the fucking Tower of Joy resolutionm?

Dany ZzzZzzZzzzZ

100% yes.

Why else would she do it in secret without consulting anyone?

Who else can help them?

On another note, the Blackfish is a boss.

Jaime bitch slapping the Frey and dissing their "army" the entire time has to be a build up to him changing sides and helping Brienne in the REAL war. Or else his redemption arc is for nothing.

Why is the Brotherhood slaughtering innocent people? Doesn't make sense beyond a crucible event to turn the Hound back into a killing machine.
    I think the BWB are Lannister soldiers posing as BWB members. I fucking hope, anyway. Otherwise, bad writing.

Also Jaime saw the Frey leadership. Then he saw Blackfish's. I hope he switches sides.
    I think it was really them. The one dude even had a yellow cloak, like Lem Lemonparty from the books.
    That's your GoT character!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

WELL?

pick one
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Line of the night: "I'm going to go fuck the tits off of that one"

mine was, after jaime said something about being a good lieutenant in his army, bronn goes "That's like saying I have the biggest cock in the Unsullied Army."

LOL
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

The teaser from next week's episode suggests Sansa's letter is addressed to Blackfish, being hand-delivered by Brienne.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @Dardanus you idiot the name of the red wedding episode is Rains of Castamere lol. You just spoiled it for Derek!
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    edited June 2016
    Gladstone said:

@Dardanus you idiot the name of the red wedding episode is Rains of Castamere lol. You just spoiled it for Derek!

LOL. I forgot about that. He probably still won't have any idea what's about to happen, unless he googles it (which is likely, I'll admit).

Does this mean he will ban your ass sooner?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

The bitch still needs to die in a fiery mudslide.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

TTJ said:

Gladstone said:

The teaser from next week's episode suggests Sansa's letter is addressed to Blackfish, being hand-delivered by Brienne.
    Disagree:

http://imgur.com/a/p2mfe

The letter is to someone in control of the Knights of the Vale, which can only be Littlefinger (81% chance), Robbyn Aryn (18%), or Lord Royce (1%). The latter 2 would probably be Sansa backstabbing LF. Seems risky considering he already offered to help.

She already sent Brienne ahead to Riverrun to meet with the Blackfish before writing the message. They also show her eyeing a raven, so it is probably sent via that method rather than a human courier. Speed, speed, speed. Need to be ready to rumble for the Bastard Bowl.
  • Options
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

Gladstone said:

Disagree:

http://imgur.com/a/p2mfe

The letter is to someone in control of the Knights of the Vale, which can only be Littlefinger (81% chance), Robbyn Aryn (18%), or Lord Royce (1%). The latter 2 would probably be Sansa backstabbing LF. Seems risky considering he already offered to help.

She already sent Brienne ahead to Riverrun to meet with the Blackfish before writing the message. They also show her eyeing a raven, so it is probably sent via that method rather than a human courier. Speed, speed, speed. Need to be ready to rumble for the Bastard Bowl.
    huh?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hawt dragon action.

Hawt hungry dawg action.

Nuff said.
    Case closed.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good battle scenes. Good dawg dog action.

No boobs though