Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The media puppeteering continues

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Need to update for her new Hillary hair style, which is as terrible on her as it is on Hillary.
    Do tell, you fucking idiot.

Add some wrinkles and the dead look to her eyes, and Megyn is Hillary.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

2001400ex said:

The media is liberal. Except the media that isn't.

Fuck you are stupid and gullible.

CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS = liberal

Fox News = Conservative

Is there one in the middle? Nope

I did say leaning, and 4-1 is pretty leaning I would contest.
    You are dumber than I thought if you think that is the entirety of the media in the USA.

Fox News = Conservative

I

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    EwaDawg said:

2001400ex said:

Fox News = Conservative

You are dumber than I thought if you think that is the entirety of the media in the USA.

Fox News = Conservative

I

Of course those aren't the only television media outlets, but those combine to be about 90% of the ratings, so I'm not far off.
  • Options

EwaDawg said:

2001400ex said:

Fox News = Conservative

Fox News = Conservative

I

Of course those aren't the only television media outlets, but those combine to be about 90% of the ratings, so I'm not far off.
    So people only get their news from TV?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

EwaDawg said:

2001400ex said:

Fox News = Conservative

Fox News = Conservative

I

So people only get their news from TV?
    Look back a ways and get back to me.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2016

NPR leans left intelligent on social issues. They did their best to tear down Bernie Sanders though, just like most media. Essentially they're a form of corporate media. Trace their funding and it's one perecenters. I don't watch much PBS, but it's probably similar. I'm really just talking out my ass.

Local stations:
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Fox News = Conservative

There's only 5 media outlets in he county? Wall Street journal, Forbes, business insider, Rush Limbaugh, breitbart, dailymail, etc. are not news sources now?
    Rush is news. LOL. Maybe it is for the 90% uneducated crowd.
  • Options
    TheGlove said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Fox News = Conservative

There's only 5 media outlets in he county? Wall Street journal, Forbes, business insider, Rush Limbaugh, breitbart, dailymail, etc. are not news sources now?
    Rush is news. LOL. Maybe it is for the 90% uneducated crowd.
    That's the joke.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2016

NPR leans left on social issues. They did their best to tear down Bernie Sanders though, just like most media. Essentially they're a form of corporate media. Trace their funding and it's one perecenters. I don't watch much PBS, but it's probably similar.

NPR nor PBS are rarely conservative. PBS does an actual good job of reporting and letting you decide. But I'm sure at least 2 or 3 fucktards on this thread will disagree with that.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

NPR leans left on social issues. They did their best to tear down Bernie Sanders though, just like most media. Essentially they're a form of corporate media. Trace their funding and it's one perecenters. I don't watch much PBS, but it's probably similar.

NPR nor PBS are rarely conservative. PBS does an actual good job of reporting and letting you decide. But I'm sure at least 2 or 3 fucktards on this thread will disagree with that.
    NPR's flagship national programming is liberal mostly through omission, rather than overt or covert pontificating. Liberal viewpoints on a story usually get slightly better sources, because those sources are who NPR reporters know. Righty cultural stories get far less coverage. DerGolve's chart shows why. They know their audience and revenue stream as well as any other media outlet.
    Local stations are a different story.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I watched CNN this morning right after the Trump Vet presser

Weird. Because I just turned on the local Fox affiliate (Q13 Fox News) and they showed a blurb of Trump whining about how the press is out to get him, because they exposed his lie about when and how much he had claimed to have donated to Veteran's groups.

I guess Trump doesn't like his lies exposed by the media.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

NPR's flagship national programming is liberal mostly through omission, rather than overt or covert pontificating. Liberal viewpoints on a story usually get slightly better sources, because those sources are who NPR reporters know. Righty cultural stories get far less coverage. DerGolve's chart shows why. They know their audience and revenue stream as well as any other media outlet.
    Local stations are a different story.
    I listen to a lot of NPR. National Public Radio includes news and their news coverage is as unbiased as there is available. Morning Edition or Marketplace, for example.

Obviously, some of the programming outside of "news" is opinion-based media, like the Tavis Smiley show which has a obvious point of view. Or some of their entertainment shows, like Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.

So, in short, NPR news is neither liberal, nor conservative. But their programming can lean towards the left.

HTH. ;)
  • Options
    OZONE said:

Weird. Because I just turned on the local Fox affiliate (Q13 Fox News) and they showed a blurb of Trump whining about how the press is out to get him, because they exposed his lie about when and how much he had claimed to have donated to Veteran's groups.

Weird how when the media disagrees with a conservative, it's liberal media bias. When the media disagrees with a liberal, it's just cause liberals are wrong.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

Weird how when the media disagrees with a conservative, it's liberal media bias. When the media disagrees with a liberal, it's just cause liberals are wrong.
    Now more than ever: ABUNDANCE
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The lame stream "lol" media is not liberal. They are establishment that happen to lean left or right.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    OZONE said:

Did you see Trump read each recipient and the amount of the donation he paid them? It's certainly more than you will ever pay to a veteran or veterans organization, right?

... and since you seem so concerned, why no outrage that Bernie and Hiliary have donated jack shit to a single vet?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I would like to lick Erin Burnett's taint.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

2001400ex said:

Were you born this stupid or were you involved in some type of horrific accident that has diminished your faculties? I'd feel somewhat sympathetic if it were the later. Me thinks you too much enjoy the "More free shit" mentality and gulping that mindsets throat yogurt. That along with a $15.00 an hour living wage for complete fucking morons worthy of nothing greater than flipping a burger makes me hope that your little pecker is incapable of the necessary penetration required for procreation.

You're the "...stupid and gullible..." individual here (BTW, "...and..." could have easily been supplanted by a simple /).

HTH

Im hearing there's been a significant metastisis of Troll accounts lately.

• Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

OZONE said:

Did you see Trump read each recipient and the amount of the donation he paid them? It's certainly more than you will ever pay to a veteran or veterans organization, right?

... and since you seem so concerned, why no outrage that Bernie and Hiliary have donated jack shit to a single vet?
    Still slow at grasping concepts I see.

The issue isn't how much he gave. The issue was that he gave all that AFTER he had claimed the he gave all that money. He was just covering his ass with the fact checkers.