Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The media puppeteering continues

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
It's amazing how slow the media uptake on Trump has become.

I watched CNN this morning right after the Trump Vet presser, and all they could do was discuss how Trump continues to pick on them. They gather the typical forum, 6 liberals and 1 conservative to try and debate the issue. The one conservative had a shit eating grin during the entire debate. At one point the blonde moderator is physically upset and blasts the conservative for supporting such behavior. The conservative basically explains how certain news sources came out saying that there was no money, or if there was any it wasn't distributed to Veteran organizations. The blonde then said CNN didn't print that, but the conservative went on saying that those that did were on their network as guests. Basically it ended with the 6 liberals rubbing each others back saying that everything is OK because nobody that speaks in that tone could ever be president.

Does the media realize that this is intentional by Trump. Trump has a lot of dirt out their that could damage him. So when he does things the right way, he keeps quite and waits for the liberal Hillary leaning conspiracy theory media to come out with an outlandish story, then he attacks them directly. These instances will then be used as examples of media jumping the narrative that he'll use against them when the damaging stuff does get talked about more heavily (ex: Trump University trial), greatly diminishing their effects.

Why the media continues the same path is unbelievable. But after 40 years of left leaning journalism, I guess they can't find a way to stray from the playbook. However, Trump has their playbook and is using it against them.

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The media is liberal. Except the media that isn't.

Fuck you are stupid and gullible.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I watched CNN this morning right after the Trump Vet presser, and all they could do was discuss how Trump continues to pick on them. They gather the typical forum, 6 liberals and 1 conservative to try and debate the issue. The one conservative had a shit eating grin during the entire debate. At one point the blonde moderator is physically upset and blasts the conservative for supporting such behavior. The conservative basically explains how certain news sources came out saying that there was no money, or if there was any it wasn't distributed to Veteran organizations. The blonde then said CNN didn't print that, but the conservative went on saying that those that did were on their network as guests. Basically it ended with the 6 liberals rubbing each others back saying that everything is OK because nobody that speaks in that tone could ever be president.

Does the media realize that this is intentional by Trump. Trump has a lot of dirt out their that could damage him. So when he does things the right way, he keeps quite and waits for the liberal Hillary leaning conspiracy theory media to come out with an outlandish story, then he attacks them directly. These instances will then be used as examples of media jumping the narrative that he'll use against them when the damaging stuff does get talked about more heavily (ex: Trump University trial), greatly diminishing their effects.

Why the media continues the same path is unbelievable. But after 40 years of left leaning journalism, I guess they can't find a way to stray from the playbook. However, Trump has their playbook and is using it against them.

Disagree
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    2001400ex said:

CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS = liberal

Fox News = Conservative

Is there one in the middle? Nope

I did say leaning, and 4-1 is pretty leaning I would contest.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2016

2001400ex said:

Is there one in the middle?

PBS, NPR say hi.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS = liberal

Fox News = Conservative

Is there one in the middle? Nope

I did say leaning, and 4-1 is pretty leaning I would contest.
    There's only 5 media outlets in he county? Wall Street journal, Forbes, business insider, Rush Limbaugh, breitbart, dailymail, etc. are not news sources now?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    TheGlove said:

2001400ex said:

PBS, NPR say hi.
    PBS? That still exists?

NPR I agree with you on that. Radio is extremely on the conservative side, so much so, that I actually don't listen to it.

The point I'm trying to make though, is that Trump has utilized the television media more than any other candidate in history. He has done that, by playing their own "gotcha journalism" reporting against them. You'd think the media would change their approach instead of looking like morons time and time again.

Also, I'd love to find one, just one, in the middle form of media.

• Options

TheGlove said:

2001400ex said:

PBS, NPR say hi.
    PBS? That still exists?

NPR I agree with you on that. Radio is extremely on the conservative side, so much so, that I actually don't listen to it.

The point I'm trying to make though, is that Trump has utilized the television media more than any other candidate in history. He has done that, by playing their own "gotcha journalism" reporting against them. You'd think the media would change their approach instead of looking like morons time and time again.

Romney wasn't elected so he couldn't kill Big Bird.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TheGlove said:

2001400ex said:

PBS, NPR say hi.
    If you think either is middle of the road, you need to SYOF now
    *DIAFF
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2016

Disagree
    PM to devs, mods, vanilla.... Can we get a new flag button that says 'Honda Puppet'?

TIA
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

TheGlove said:

2001400ex said:

PBS, NPR say hi.
    PBS? That still exists?

Romney wasn't elected so he couldn't kill Big Bird.
    That was pretty funny
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    pawz said:

Disagree
    PM to devs, mods, vanilla.... Can we get a new flag button that says 'Honda Puppet'?

TIA
    Tequilla was embarrassed by how long that post was
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I like the dishwater blonde early on CNN. Carol Costello, not so much. Her teeth are fucked up.

Fox has hotter newsbabes.

• Options

I like the dishwater blonde early on CNN. Carol Costello, not so much. Her teeth are fucked up.

Erin Burnett says fuck off.

erin photo BurnettE_zpsxdyekjol.jpg
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Kk

pawz said:

Disagree

TIA
    Tequilla was embarrassed by how long that post was
    sarksure.gif
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2016
    2001400ex said:

Erin Burnett says fuck off.

erin photo BurnettE_zpsxdyekjol.jpg
    Hot.as.balls. #cnbcfind
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

Need to update for her new Hillary hair style, which is as terrible on her as it is on Hillary.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Need to update for her new Hillary hair style, which is as terrible on her as it is on Hillary.
    Do tell, you fucking idiot.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NPR leans left on social issues. They did their best to tear down Bernie Sanders though, just like most media. Essentially they're a form of corporate media. Trace their funding and it's one perecenters. I don't watch much PBS, but it's probably similar.