Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

thank's hondo!

sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
You worthless shitclown

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    At what point in time did premiums not increase every year?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Just take a sample of the 10 worst increases only on exchanges. Why do you hate the other 250 million people on insurance?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    People had to have been economically illiterate to actually believe Obama when he said the law would lower premiums without any significant increase in government expenditures. The law added an enormous pool of people into the insurance market who were previously denied entry because they were too risky/expensive to insure due to preexisting illnesses. No shit that's going to increase costs now that insurance companies actually have to insure people they previously refused to take on.

This is what happens when an entire political party unites against any kind of meaningful healthcare reform; you get a shitty, watered down law that has to spread the increased cost of insurance to everybody just to achieve the simple objective of letting Sally with stage 4 ovarian cancer actually obtain treatment where it's readily available in our first world country.
  • Options

Yeah its the GOP's fault that the democrats passed the bill that Obama wanted all by themselves.

And that Obama lied like a rug to his stupid base who then still parrot the bullshit like Hondo does

The GOP don't even have a platform for healthcare beyond "repeal Obamacare". For them, we were better off pre-2010 when millions of Americans were dying of treatable diseases because they couldn't access healthcare. If that's your ideal vision of America, then fuck you.

The left at least aspire for something better, even if this shitty Obamacare compromise is what we're stuck with for the time being.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,426
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well that didn't make any sense either
  • Options
    Imagine what would happen if both parties looked at the shitty law and proposed a way to improve it. Rather than one side saying "we need to repeal it" and the other side saying "we can't repeal it, Republicans want to do nothing". So really both sides are sitting there with a thumb up their ass pointing fingers at the other.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Defending Obamacare is beyond Hondo FS. It's an indefensible piece of legislation that was rammed down the people's throats. It was so massive in scope that batshit crazy speaker Pelosi admitted to not reading it, instead declaring it had to be passed to see what was in it. And people wonder why there's push back.
  • Options

Defending Obamacare is beyond Hondo FS. It's an indefensible piece of legislation that was rammed down the people's throats. It was so massive in scope that batshit crazy speaker Pelosi admitted to not reading it, instead declaring it had to be passed to see what was in it. And people wonder why there's push back.

Who's defending Obamacare?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options

Actually pelosi didn't admit to not reading it. But nice work regurgitating every false talking point.

The law is fucked up but at least give a valid argument.
  • Options

You are

Disagree. Since this board loves shitty football analogies: if I'm forced to choose between Sark and Ty and I choose the former, I'm defending Sark?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'm at least able to keep my doctor...right?
  • Options
    Alexis said:

I like to buy my collision coverage after I wreck my car. Works pretty much the same way.

The vast majority of Americans agree that insurance companies shouldn't deny patients based on pre existing conditions. Not to mention how they used to be able to cancel people's insurance because of new conditions.

You still can't get cancer and decide to pay for insurance and be OK like you are implying.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Alexis said:

I like to buy my collision coverage after I wreck my car. Works pretty much the same way.

The vast majority of Americans agree that insurance companies shouldn't deny patients based on pre existing conditions. Not to mention how they used to be able to cancel people's insurance because of new conditions.

You still can't get cancer and decide to pay for insurance and be OK like you are implying.
    No, but you can expect the insurance company to have to pay for all your futile treatment
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

Alexis said:

No, but you can expect the insurance company to have to pay for all your futile treatment
    Don James! True?