Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen's # 1 Priority

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

"I think the biggest thing now is that the gameday experience and the focus on improving it here is all about our fans and getting the fans here. The more fans we have in the stadium, the better experience they have... We have a great new director of ticket sales; we’ve got an unbelievable outbound sales team; we’ve got a retention team now in place. … So there’s all kinds of other things at play that you can do to make things more creative, but ultimately it’s a full stadium that gives fans and our student-athletes what they deserve."

Not one word about winning. Pup?

That is not what she said at all....I hate the Jen Cohen hire but here are quotes from the press conference verbatim.

Talking about Romar..."I am convinced right now that he is the best guy to try and lead us through." That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to me..."right now."

“All of our coaches feel the pressure to win all the time,” Cohen said Tuesday during a radio interview with KJR’s Dave Mahler.

"Washington has every it needs to be successful at a high level in basketball,” she said. “This is a great basketball town. We got great local talent. We’ve had incredible guys that have come through this program and graduated and gone on and had successful careers.
    We expect to be in the postseason and we expect to be competing for championships.”

We both know what our expectations, which is we got to improve. And we expect to be in the postseason and we expect to be competing for championships. He’s done it before and my goal and what my responsibility – you asked what an AD do? – our biggest job is to get in there and roll up our sleeves and do everything we can for all of our programs so that they can be successful.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2016
    HuskyJW said:

Baseman said:

"I think the biggest thing now is that the gameday experience and the focus on improving it here is all about our fans and getting the fans here. The more fans we have in the stadium, the better experience they have... We have a great new director of ticket sales; we’ve got an unbelievable outbound sales team; we’ve got a retention team now in place. … So there’s all kinds of other things at play that you can do to make things more creative, but ultimately it’s a full stadium that gives fans and our student-athletes what they deserve."

That is not what she said at all....I hate the Jen Cohen hire but here are quotes from the press conference verbatim.

Talking about Romar..."I am convinced right now that he is the best guy to try and lead us through." That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to me..."right now."

“All of our coaches feel the pressure to win all the time,” Cohen said Tuesday during a radio interview with KJR’s Dave Mahler.

"Washington has every it needs to be successful at a high level in basketball,” she said. “This is a great basketball town. We got great local talent. We’ve had incredible guys that have come through this program and graduated and gone on and had successful careers.
    We expect to be in the postseason and we expect to be competing for championships.”

We both know what our expectations, which is we got to improve. And we expect to be in the postseason and we expect to be competing for championships. He’s done it before and my goal and what my responsibility – you asked what an AD do? – our biggest job is to get in there and roll up our sleeves and do everything we can for all of our programs so that they can be successful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLJbnd-yKWY

22 minute mark "The gameday experience is the top priority for us."
    25:50 "I think the biggest thing now is..."

You were saying?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

A full stadium is the PC way of saying winning. You think it's a full stadium watching a mediocre team? She's well aware of the winning aspect.

Yup
  • Options
    Again, everyone here wanted this. Now deal with it. I love it
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Baseman said:

HuskyJW said:

Baseman said:

You were saying?
    Cohen:

“Second, we’re going to inspire championship culture that fuels winning teams. I never forget the fact that I love to win, and I think everybody here feels the same way. That starts with attitude and effort and a culture that brings great programs that are trying to achieve excellence at the highest level, just like our university, so winning in all of our programs is a priority for us, believe you me."
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Again, everyone here wanted this. Now deal with it. I love it

You wanted it.

The rest of us hate perpetual mediocrity.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2016

Baseman said:

HuskyJW said:

Baseman said:

You were saying?
    Cohen:

“Second, we’re going to inspire championship culture that fuels winning teams. I never forget the fact that I love to win, and I think everybody here feels the same way. That starts with attitude and effort and a culture that brings great programs that are trying to achieve excellence at the highest level, just like our university, so winning in all of our programs is a priority for us, believe you me."
    Im hardly inspired by an AD who places Gameday experience above a Championship Culture that fuels winning teams.

UW pissed $105,000 when they hired Parker Executive Search to conduct a national search for an AD and hired Jen Cohen. In 2008 UW paid Parker $75k to recommend Pool Boy. UW retained Parker in 2004 to recommend Toad Turner.

A championship culture?

Chris Pederson is the highest paid coach in the Pac-12 and is 2-9 against ranked opponents. Is he worth $1.2M more than David Shaw?

Pool Boy signed Romar to a 10 Year deal after the 2010 season -10 fucking years! Romar hasn't been to the NCAA tournament in 5 years.

Here's what Pool Boy said at the time.

“He said, ‘I want to be here and I want to end my career here,’ ” Woodward said of Romar. “He said, ‘I don’t want to be coaching when I’m well into my 60s, and this might be my final contract,’ and I said, ‘Let’s get it done.’ So we decided to get a deal done.”

Romar's contract guarantees the school will review his deal every two years “to make sure we’re paying market and he’s doing what he’s set out to do and we’re compensating him according to his accomplishments,” Woodward said.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Baseman said:

HuskyJW said:

Baseman said:

You were saying?
    One of us should have been there in the front row with a HH shirt screaming "TITS OR GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!"
    You can say Jen Cohen would be a bad AD but you cant say she's a fat cunt that blew Sark.
    I hear fat chicks give great head because they have to make up for being fat. I wouldn't know. #NoFatChicks #bodyshaming
  • Options
    Texas A&M hired Wood for a reason. It wasnt to be mediocre. There's a reason they didnt hire Cowhen. You guys starting to see how this whole thing works? Pup loves dowsing you ignorant fucks with reality.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2016

Texas A&M hired Wood for a reason. It wasnt to be mediocre. There's a reason they didnt hire Cowhen. You guys starting to see how this whole thing works? Pup loves dowsing you ignorant fucks with reality.

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
    Teehee dnc. I really thought you were coming around. Now youre back bottomfeeding with baabs. Get on pupwagon or be left behind.
    I've been on pupwagon since day one, teehee! I'm your biggest fan puppylips! xoxoxoxoxo

#EarlyAdopter
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Teehee dnc. I really thought you were coming around. Now youre back bottomfeeding with baabs. Get on pupwagon or be left behind.
    He's been firmly on the SEC bandwagon for a while.
  • Options
    Would be wise dnc. I thought you had a good head on your shoulders. #believeinpete. Briles will look like a failure compared to what Pete builds at Washington. Pete will get to and win a big bowl. Oh, prolly the playoff too..

But we should fire Petey after 2 years for getting to bowl games. Did Pete go 4-8? Am I missing something?