Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Lolohea (2017 DE, West SLC)

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Rill question, would this scholarship be better used on a walk on at this point?

Probably not.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doesnt hurt to have a few 25 year old married with kids redshirt sophomores on the roster - if he can play
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

DL not strong enough out west in this class to ignore a 21 yr old Freshman

This moar what I was asking, I know Pete won't reneg on a schollie but moar the hypothetical value of Lolohea at this point.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

UW is not in the business of signing kids and then pulling their scholarships after they come back from a mission. That would be a terrible look for our Poly recruiting and fuck up our connection with East high school in Utah and it's also not in Petersen's character at all to do that. Good news is this kid is fucking good. He's an OLB and is as physical as they come. He had 23 sacks his Senior season. He also plays with some swag and an edge to him which is nice to see. Confident dude. Probably won't take long to start impressing the coaches. I'm sure he's hungry to get back on the field.

I'm sure he'll have to redshirt to get his nutrition and conditioning right, but I think he's going to be a beast.
    For sure, he fucking rag dolls offensive tackles.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not sure why pulling his scholarship is even a topic of conversation when we’re missing on our BUCK recruits this cycle.

I simply meant is this recruit even on par with someone like a Drew Fowler at this point talent wise. People took it very literally and freaked out. At no point did I mean that Pete should actually not give this kid his schollie. That would be a terrible precedent on a bunch of different levels.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited June 2019
    Kid is back from his mission apparently. I wouldn't expect much from this guy if he were to show up for this season but it would be nice to have a 20 year old in the D Line depth given we are thin there. Even if all it means is that we don't have to rush Tuitele or Paama into action then he'd be a welcome addition.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Have there been any rumblings from him or his family on Washington? I mean I assume he will show up here but we’ve heard almost nothing for like two years.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Have there been any rumblings from him or his family on Washington? I mean I assume he will show up here but we’ve heard almost nothing for like two years.

I believe on the mission the elders are not supposed to use social media

Hence why you don’t hear from him

Also Chris Petersen said this spring he’s joining the team early 2020
  • Options
    I actually am glad he’s coming here. Another big poly body to come off the edge. Think Benning.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,975
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bread said:

ZoneUW said:

Gladstone said:

Doubt that last bit now. If he is really done with his mission early he will be enrolling somewhere in fall. You don't cut your mission short to sit around for 6 months. Do we even have a scholarship spot for him at this point?
    No we don't have a scholarship spot. Bye Jordan.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

Bread said:

ZoneUW said:

Gladstone said:

Doubt that last bit now. If he is really done with his mission early he will be enrolling somewhere in fall. You don't cut your mission short to sit around for 6 months. Do we even have a scholarship spot for him at this point?
    Pete wouldn’t have given the senior walk-ons scholarships if it meant losing Lolohea
  • Options
    Bread said:

Bread said:

ZoneUW said:

Gladstone said:

That’s why he’s joining the team 2020... geesus
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ZoneUW said:

I actually am glad he’s coming here. Another big poly body to come off the edge. Think Benning.

Are you fucking serious?