Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark refuses to acknowledge team's lack of discipline.

2»

Comments

• jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499

jmc84 said:

jmc84 said:

The typical Shark excuse respone:

Take a complete negative and spin it into a positive. He may be a shitty coach, but he'd make a hellofa politician.

He learned from the best: his boss.

His boss can at least coach, identify talent, develop talent and make in game adjustments which Sark can't do against decent to good teams on the road.
    I believe the boss the judges are looking for is Scott Woodward, not Pete Carroll.
    I stand corrected then. I just know some on here don't like Pete either.

I don't get how people fall into Pool Boy's trap. They forget he was Emmertt pool bitch and Emmertt is incompetent.
    He did a great job getting the stadium done, I'll give him that. Now that we don't need his political skills, it's time to get a football AD in here.
    This is why Pool Boy and Emmert are/were so dangerous. They think they are football people. So they try to get involve in the program even though they are incompetent fucking idiots.

You hear so many doogs say they are "friends of the football program" because unlike their past predecessor who didn't give a fuck about football they seem to care.

What they don't realize is both are incompetent they do more harm to the football program than a president/AD could ever do if they didn't care.
    He did come from LSU. I hear they're serious about football there. He probably gained a lot of football knowledge by osmosis. He probably shook hands with Nick Saban on occasion. That has to count for something.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Passion said:

Sad. UW is now the most penalized team in the country: 36 total penalties in three games and an average of 98.3 penalty yards per game.

But when asked about why his team is committing so many penalties, did Sark say that "we need to instill more discipline and that's on me"? Did he say, "I take full responsibility for our guys not being fundamentally sound"?

No, here is what he said: "...we coach our guys to play really hard. And we coach them to get after it and they want to get going for the ball to get snapped and they want to finish blocks and they want to play with great effort and get to the ball.

“I think we’re going to have a little bit of this because our guys are going to play really, really hard..."

So in other words, teams without a lot of penalties do NOT play hard? If you're "playing hard" then you're going to get penalties?

It reminds of when political candidates are asked to identify their biggest fault, and they give the typical lame answer: "Sometimes I care too much."

Link: blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/?from=stnv2

BTW, u took what he said out of context. He said pre and post snap penalties are UNACCEPTABLE and will get fixed.
    What you call "out of context," I call double-speak. "I take responsibility for X, but X happened for all these other reasons. But again, I take full responsibility for X." It's like Lance Armstrong sort of taking responsibility in a conversation with Oprah...but not really.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

jmc84 said:

jmc84 said:

The typical Shark excuse respone:

Take a complete negative and spin it into a positive. He may be a shitty coach, but he'd make a hellofa politician.

He learned from the best: his boss.

His boss can at least coach, identify talent, develop talent and make in game adjustments which Sark can't do against decent to good teams on the road.
    I believe the boss the judges are looking for is Scott Woodward, not Pete Carroll.
    I stand corrected then. I just know some on here don't like Pete either.

I don't get how people fall into Pool Boy's trap. They forget he was Emmertt pool bitch and Emmertt is incompetent.
    He did a great job getting the stadium done, I'll give him that. Now that we don't need his political skills, it's time to get a football AD in here.
    This is why Pool Boy and Emmert are/were so dangerous. They think they are football people. So they try to get involve in the program even though they are incompetent fucking idiots.

You hear so many doogs say they are "friends of the football program" because unlike their past predecessor who didn't give a fuck about football they seem to care.

What they don't realize is both are incompetent they do more harm to the football program than a president/AD could ever do if they didn't care.
    Doogs like to forget that Mark Emmert was the best friend Oregon Football ever had.