Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark refuses to acknowledge team's lack of discipline.

Sad. UW is now the most penalized team in the country: 36 total penalties in three games and an average of 98.3 penalty yards per game.

But when asked about why his team is committing so many penalties, did Sark say that "we need to instill more discipline and that's on me"? Did he say, "I take full responsibility for our guys not being fundamentally sound"?

No, here is what he said: "...we coach our guys to play really hard. And we coach them to get after it and they want to get going for the ball to get snapped and they want to finish blocks and they want to play with great effort and get to the ball.

“I think we’re going to have a little bit of this because our guys are going to play really, really hard..."

So in other words, teams without a lot of penalties do NOT play hard? If you're "playing hard" then you're going to get penalties?

It reminds of when political candidates are asked to identify their biggest fault, and they give the typical lame answer: "Sometimes I care too much."

Link: blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/?from=stnv2

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Good poast Passion.

I'd add:

"........ The UW offensive line was flagged 10 times on Saturday, with a false start called on consecutive plays at one point. That drew a chorus of boos from the Husky Stadium crowd."

At least 10 of the 16 penalties had absolutely nothing to do with "play(ing) really hard". These were all due to a lack of disciplined play and poor execution. These are the kinds of mistakes that can kill drives, erase scores, and swing momentum, especially when playing an aggressive defense that will pin its ears back and knock the snot out of the quarterback on long yardage downs.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    I have no problem with penalties from playing hard, but false starts, illegal formations, and holding are caused by lack of focus and poor technique. Those are the penalties that piss me off.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,477 Founders Club
    The kids played hard
  • PhilBleenorPhilBleenor Member Posts: 54
    Most of you don't understand anything about football
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    The typical Shark excuse respone:

Take a complete negative and spin it into a positive. He may be a shitty coach, but he'd make a hellofa politician.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Take a complete negative and spin it into a positive. He may be a shitty coach, but he'd make a hellofa politician.

He learned from the best: his boss.

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    Did he mention anything about having one of the best offenses in the country....but still doing it the wrong way?
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Good poast Passion.

I'd add:

"........ The UW offensive line was flagged 10 times on Saturday, with a false start called on consecutive plays at one point. That drew a chorus of boos from the Husky Stadium crowd."

At least 10 of the 16 penalties had absolutely nothing to do with "play(ing) really hard". These were all due to a lack of disciplined play and poor execution. These are the kinds of mistakes that can kill drives, erase scores, and swing momentum, especially when playing an aggressive defense that will pin its ears back and knock the snot out of the quarterback on long yardage downs.

Even better post southern. Exactly what it means. It takes ONE fasle start to lose a game in pac12 play. Sark is the only coach in America who would say that shit.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    edited September 2013
    Sark says he can fix what he refuses to acknowledge. Brilliant.

Most of you Sark don't understand anything about coaching football

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Passion said:

Sad. UW is now the most penalized team in the country: 36 total penalties in three games and an average of 98.3 penalty yards per game.

But when asked about why his team is committing so many penalties, did Sark say that "we need to instill more discipline and that's on me"? Did he say, "I take full responsibility for our guys not being fundamentally sound"?

No, here is what he said: "...we coach our guys to play really hard. And we coach them to get after it and they want to get going for the ball to get snapped and they want to finish blocks and they want to play with great effort and get to the ball.

“I think we’re going to have a little bit of this because our guys are going to play really, really hard..."

So in other words, teams without a lot of penalties do NOT play hard? If you're "playing hard" then you're going to get penalties?

It reminds of when political candidates are asked to identify their biggest fault, and they give the typical lame answer: "Sometimes I care too much."

BTW, u took what he said out of context. He said pre and post snap penalties are UNACCEPTABLE and will get fixed.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Passion said:

BTW, u took what he said out of context. He said pre and post snap penalties are UNACCEPTABLE and will get fixed.
    Citation needed.
  • The typical Shark excuse respone:

His boss can at least coach, identify talent, develop talent and make in game adjustments which Sark can't do against decent to good teams on the road.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

His boss can at least coach, identify talent, develop talent and make in game adjustments which Sark can't do against decent to good teams on the road.
    Whooooooooooosh!

I believe the boss the judges are looking for is Scott Woodward, not Pete Carroll.
  • jmc84 said:

I believe the boss the judges are looking for is Scott Woodward, not Pete Carroll.
    I stand corrected then. I just know some on here don't like Pete either.

I don't get how people fall into Pool Boy's trap. They forget he was Emmertt pool bitch and Emmertt is incompetent.

jmc84 said:

I don't get how people fall into Pool Boy's trap. They forget he was Emmertt pool bitch and Emmertt is incompetent.
    He did a great job getting the stadium done, I'll give him that. Now that we don't need his political skills, it's time to get a football AD in here.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    jmc84 said:

jmc84 said:

He did a great job getting the stadium done, I'll give him that. Now that we don't need his political skills, it's time to get a football AD in here.
    I actually agree with this. I was in the camp that thought we were doomed to Qwest forever. Getting the stadium done was a real accomplishment.

If it was possible to keep him on as Facilities Director or some such title I'd be all for it. But since his current job requires him to actually discern between coaching talent and dreckfest, it's time for Pool Boy I and II to be DAO.
  • jmc84 said:

jmc84 said:

This is why Pool Boy and Emmert are/were so dangerous. They think they are football people. So they try to get involve in the program even though they are incompetent fucking idiots.

You hear so many doogs say they are "friends of the football program" because unlike their past predecessor who didn't give a fuck about football they seem to care.

What they don't realize is both are incompetent they do more harm to the football program than a president/AD could ever do if they didn't care.