Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steph first ever unanimous MVP

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Appropriate for the greatest regular season of all time.

Wilt says hi.

50 points, 26 rebounds/game.

No contest.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HuskyInAZ said:

dnc said:

Wilt says hi.

No contest.
    Educate yourself https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iOS7lNTABzc
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dear Doogles

I meant no insult to your boyfriend. Steph is great. Other players are also great and have been great.

Love
    Race
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,889
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Lol at the haters. Two more years of this and Curry = GOAT

Steph's a future high end hall of famer, Jordan should have his own building.
    You don't think IF Steph pulls a 4-peat doing this video game shit he won't be the GOAT?

I doubt he does it (this post season injury is a reminder how fragile he once was and most likely will be again as he ages), but pull the head out of the sand if you don't think his ceiling is still GOAT. LeBron's chance at GOAT status ended with his failures in South Beach. Curry is in LIPO mode.

He's changing the game more than Jordan. All Jordan did was give the refs the green light to stop calling travels and pushoffs on superstars.
    That's still too short of a peak to be GOAT imo, and I'm a huge Steph fan. It would be the greatest four year run anybody ever had, but I still think the GOAT needs more excellence than that. Steph gets hurt a lot by his good but not great earlier career. Anyone else in the GOAT discussion dominated much earlier than Steph did. On one hand than demonstrated just how hard Currt has worked to get to this point. On the other it means he needs another four or five elite seasons to be in the discussion IMO.

And I have to respectfully disagree with APAG. Of course Curry didn't invent the three and GS didn't invent small ball, but Curry in particular has taken the three to places nobody ever imagined could be done well, both in terms of volume and in terms of distance. His impact on the league today might not be game changing but his impact on the kids following the game most certainly is. Does that make him more influential than MJ? Not yet by any means. Jordan's influence spanned a decade and a half in the league and carried out for another good fifteen years after he retired. If Steph has a career ending or even altering injury soon he won't finish close to that. If he gives another 5-7 years of elite play followed by three to five of very good play he'll have a shot. LIPO.
    Unfortunately, this is true.

Because all junior high kids should jack up shots they have no business or strength taking.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    DNC hits where I'm falling on Steph and I maybe said in another thread ...

Jordan's the best player I've ever seen ... hard to imagine seeing someone better than him.

Steph may end up taking the title of most transcendent player away from Jordan.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's annoying all the Steph bashing because of the popular belief that Jordan is the GOAT NO MATTER WHAT.

Let the next five seasons play out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

It's annoying all the Steph bashing because of the popular belief that Jordan is the GOAT NO MATTER WHAT.

Let the next five seasons play out.

LeBron is laughing at your post
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2016
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

You don't think IF Steph pulls a 4-peat doing this video game shit he won't be the GOAT?

I doubt he does it (this post season injury is a reminder how fragile he once was and most likely will be again as he ages), but pull the head out of the sand if you don't think his ceiling is still GOAT. LeBron's chance at GOAT status ended with his failures in South Beach. Curry is in LIPO mode.

He's changing the game more than Jordan. All Jordan did was give the refs the green light to stop calling travels and pushoffs on superstars.
    That's still too short of a peak to be GOAT imo, and I'm a huge Steph fan. It would be the greatest four year run anybody ever had, but I still think the GOAT needs more excellence than that. Steph gets hurt a lot by his good but not great earlier career. Anyone else in the GOAT discussion dominated much earlier than Steph did. On one hand than demonstrated just how hard Currt has worked to get to this point. On the other it means he needs another four or five elite seasons to be in the discussion IMO.

And I have to respectfully disagree with APAG. Of course Curry didn't invent the three and GS didn't invent small ball, but Curry in particular has taken the three to places nobody ever imagined could be done well, both in terms of volume and in terms of distance. His impact on the league today might not be game changing but his impact on the kids following the game most certainly is. Does that make him more influential than MJ? Not yet by any means. Jordan's influence spanned a decade and a half in the league and carried out for another good fifteen years after he retired. If Steph has a career ending or even altering injury soon he won't finish close to that. If he gives another 5-7 years of elite play followed by three to five of very good play he'll have a shot. LIPO.
    I hate this "If only crap", but I have to say it. Had Jordan not changed sports, there's a good chance he could have had 8 rings in a row.

I get that he came back in 1995, but he came back late. He only played 17 games before the end of the regular season after taking more than a year and a half off.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I could really do without all the people that haven't watched the NBA in years popping off. Curry isn't changing shit and Golden State hasn't changed shit. They are the result of changes that have been happening for years.

I'm not hating on Curry. His ceiling is the goat but acting like Curry invented the 3 pointer and Golden State invented small ball is annoying as fuck.
    He didn't invent it but He may be a big reason that the line may be moved back at least for the elbow out
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    salemcoog said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I could really do without all the people that haven't watched the NBA in years popping off. Curry isn't changing shit and Golden State hasn't changed shit. They are the result of changes that have been happening for years.

I'm not hating on Curry. His ceiling is the goat but acting like Curry invented the 3 pointer and Golden State invented small ball is annoying as fuck.
    He didn't invent it but He may be a big reason that the line may be moved back at least for the elbow out
    In all honesty, moving the line back 6-12 inches isn't going to do that much.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I agree that The first 6 will have to be consensual.
  • Options
    devildawgdevildawg Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Steph wouldn't last a series against the Pistons the way they beat the fuck out of MJ...different game different rules,Curry has never been defended like they used to play D
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,542
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My Blues can take the Warriors.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,889
    devildawg said:

Steph wouldn't last a series against the Pistons the way they beat the fuck out of MJ...different game different rules,Curry has never been defended like they used to play D

Yet Jordan still dropped 30+ per game.

Curry would be playing soccer if the old rules were still in effect.

#spindly

• Options
    devildawgdevildawg Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Of course he's god he's great but let's not pretend he'd be cherry picking from 30 feet all night after getting mugged,checked,and thrown to the floor anytime he got near the paint

Love to see him checked by Pippen and Jordan all night,couple rib shots and a nut slap by Rodman...I'm sure he'd adjust to that type of game but right now I think he wilts,breaks and ends up on the bench holding is Vajayjay

Players may be bigger stronger but we're not talking Jerry West shit here....anyone think Manning would put up all time numbers if the QB was fair game? No,fucking way...there is a reason they only passed when they had to...your QB was about to get concussed
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LEAVE STEPH ALONE!
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

HuskyInAZ said:

dnc said:

Wilt says hi.

No contest.
    Educate yourself https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iOS7lNTABzc
    The difference between Wilt and the rest of the league in 1962 is staggering. Not so much with Curry. He is an amazing player, but he did not, by any stretch of the imagination, dominate the league to the extent that Wilt did. Different era, different game, but at the end of the day, claiming Curry had the best season in NBA history is beyond FS. After all, the true measure is how they fared vs. the rest of the league. And Wilt dominated like no one ever.