Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steph first ever unanimous MVP

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Appropriate for the greatest regular season of all time.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,540
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2016
    It's Return of the King this year. #BronBron #Kyrie #Love #PowerTrio #Iburnedhisjerseywhenheleftbuttheyletmebackonthebandwagon
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Appropriate for the greatest regular season of all time.

Weeeeellllll... Probably not the greatest ever. I mean Wilt had some chincredible Seasons that would top this. I'd have to say that Jordan had a couple of Seasons that would measure up or surpass this Season too. But best of the last 20 years fo show though!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,886
    Curry doesn't even make the top 25 in scoring average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_single-season_scoring_leaders

Yes, wikipedia is my source.

Also consider a lot of those motherfuckers didn't have the advantage of the three point line. That is a shitload of buckets. McAdoo and Barry would have slaughtered scoring records.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_single-season_scoring_leaders

Also consider a lot of those motherfuckers didn't have the advantage of the three point line. That is a shitload of buckets. McAdoo and Barry would have slaughtered scoring records.

Who cares if he wasn't in the elite list of PPG stats. He was the first player to average 30+ while also clocking fewer than 35 mins/game, which happened largely because he sat out so many 4th quarters when the game was already over.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Who cares if he wasn't in the elite list of PPG stats. He was the first player to average 30+ while also clocking fewer than 35 mins/game, which happened largely because he sat out so many 4th quarters when the game was already over.
    Good poont.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lol at the haters. Two more years of this and Curry = GOAT
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Doogles said:

Steph's a future high end hall of famer, Jordan should have his own building.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

You don't think IF Steph pulls a 4-peat doing this video game shit he won't be the GOAT?

I doubt he does it (this post season injury is a reminder how fragile he once was and most likely will be again as he ages), but pull the head out of the sand if you don't think his ceiling is still GOAT. LeBron's chance at GOAT status ended with his failures in South Beach. Curry is in LIPO mode.

He's changing the game more than Jordan. All Jordan did was give the refs the green light to stop calling travels and pushoffs on superstars.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

You don't think IF Steph pulls a 4-peat doing this video game shit he won't be the GOAT?

I doubt he does it (this post season injury is a reminder how fragile he once was and most likely will be again as he ages), but pull the head out of the sand if you don't think his ceiling is still GOAT. LeBron's chance at GOAT status ended with his failures in South Beach. Curry is in LIPO mode.

He's changing the game more than Jordan. All Jordan did was give the refs the green light to stop calling travels and pushoffs on superstars.
    I could really do without all the people that haven't watched the NBA in years popping off. Curry isn't changing shit and Golden State hasn't changed shit. They are the result of changes that have been happening for years.

I'm not hating on Curry. His ceiling is the goat but acting like Curry invented the 3 pointer and Golden State invented small ball is annoying as fuck.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm just glad Curry came along and literally invented the 3 pointer.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,540
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Everyone knows Lorenzo Romar invented small ball and Ryan Appleby the 3 pointer.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I think Lebron might get this one. And then Curry will rip off a couple in a row.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

That's still too short of a peak to be GOAT imo, and I'm a huge Steph fan. It would be the greatest four year run anybody ever had, but I still think the GOAT needs more excellence than that. Steph gets hurt a lot by his good but not great earlier career. Anyone else in the GOAT discussion dominated much earlier than Steph did. On one hand than demonstrated just how hard Currt has worked to get to this point. On the other it means he needs another four or five elite seasons to be in the discussion IMO.

And I have to respectfully disagree with APAG. Of course Curry didn't invent the three and GS didn't invent small ball, but Curry in particular has taken the three to places nobody ever imagined could be done well, both in terms of volume and in terms of distance. His impact on the league today might not be game changing but his impact on the kids following the game most certainly is. Does that make him more influential than MJ? Not yet by any means. Jordan's influence spanned a decade and a half in the league and carried out for another good fifteen years after he retired. If Steph has a career ending or even altering injury soon he won't finish close to that. If he gives another 5-7 years of elite play followed by three to five of very good play he'll have a shot. LIPO.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    who the fuck is steph?
  • Options
    SluggoRouteDawgSluggoRouteDawg Member Posts: 145
    I thought this thread was about Stephanie Sarkisian's divorce settlement!
  • Options

who the fuck is steph?