Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Arizona is not better than Boise or Illinois

2»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

If you can't see this is the same team as 2010, even PLSS Can't help you. Maybe we need to wait a couple more years to see if sark is actually an average coach.

Sark is an average coach almost certainly.

Average coaches sometimes luck into good seasons. There's a decent chance this could be one of those.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    Passion said:

UW wins because they have better players. Huskies should win by 20 at home on talent alone, but Sark does his best to lose, so it stays close, but Huskies cover 36-28.

This is what concerns me. Stupid penalties, and going for it on 4th down when we should take the 3 points. In other words, undisciplined...per usual.
    Add to those concerns that UW is mediocre up front and there is at least some plunger potential.

I didn't see last weekend's scrimmage, but it seemed like they experienced some regression in gap containment and open field tackling in the Illinois game. Arizona will gash the Huskies defense if they don't get that shit cleaned up pronto.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362

If Arizona is so good, how can you expect Sark to win?

I expect Sark to win and win comfortably on Saturday. If he doesn't I am going to be pissed.

So you don't expect Sark to beat a good team?
    Of course I do. Not going to win every game against good teams, but can't lose them all either. And no losses to mediocrities like Arizona.

I expect Sark to win and win comfortably on Saturday. If he doesn't I am going to be pissed.

I always expect a win. That's why i hate sark, he disappoints me at least 6 times a year.
    I'd say there's more disappointment than that. When was the last time a Sark team really hit on all cylinders? Sarktardo frequently rears his ugly head, an at least one phase of the game has been out of phase since he took over.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club

Passion said:

UW wins because they have better players. Huskies should win by 20 at home on talent alone, but Sark does his best to lose, so it stays close, but Huskies cover 36-28.

This is what concerns me. Stupid penalties, and going for it on 4th down when we should take the 3 points. In other words, undisciplined...per usual.
    As a Duck fan, I can honestly say that this is the best Husky team I have seen in the Sark era. You have great speed and terrific tacklers on the backside of the defense.

On the offensive side of the ball:
    You have more speed than ever
    Your receivers can now catch the football
    Sark has now copied an offensive strategy that hides the team's one glaring weakness which is pass blocking.

Washington football is better now than it has been in years, but don't get me wrong. Although great lipstick, it's still lipstick over a very mediocre pig, which is magnetized by the ineptitude of your head coach. This team will do better than 7-6, but when playing against better talent they will get destroyed. There will be some bleeding buttholes post-game of the Oregon, Stanford, and UCLA games. This team could go 10-3 this year, but the separation between this program and the top tier will still be huge.

10-3 with 3 plungers will feel like a Northwestern like 10-3. Nobody will really think much about it, from a national perspective.
    This. That is why IHAPO.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I always expect a win. That's why i hate sark, he disappoints me at least 6 times a year.
    I'd say there's more disappointment than that. When was the last time a Sark team really hit on all cylinders? Sarktardo frequently rears his ugly head, an at least one phase of the game has been out of phase since he took over.
    Cal last year was pretty solid...but yeah...it's more often than not.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

If you can't see this is the same team as 2010, even PLSS Can't help you. Maybe we need to wait a couple more years to see if sark is actually an average coach.

Average coaches sometimes luck into good seasons. There's a decent chance this could be one of those.
    Chan Gailey! True?

Passion said:

As a Duck fan, I can honestly say that this is the best Husky team I have seen in the Sark era. You have great speed and terrific tacklers on the backside of the defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILkkpMEzlZY
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Can we just wait until Stanford or Oregon week? I hate to see the halfbrains pressing too early and too soon.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club

Can we just wait until Stanford or Oregon week? I hate to see the halfbrains pressing too early and too soon.

You mean like since he was hired? Its cool that you think we need to wait and see if he can go 6-3 and finish third so you can get excited for next year. Year 6

Can we just wait until Stanford or Oregon week? I hate being wrong all the time.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Another game we should win, especially at home. We have to wait one more week to see if this team is really any better than Sark's first four.

Even then, no one win is going to "prove" anything. We beat Stanford last year, then got routed by Arizona and choked against WSU and Boise.

We beat Stanford? Doogman laughter. At the end of the year HOGAN and tree would slap our fannie's 10 out of ten
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Another game we should win, especially at home. We have to wait one more week to see if this team is really any better than Sark's first four.

Even then, no one win is going to "prove" anything. We beat Stanford last year, then got routed by Arizona and choked against WSU and Boise.

We beat Stanford? Doogman laughter. At the end of the year HOGAN and tree would slap our fannie's 10 out of ten
    I thought we were winning the North?

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Your_Mom said:

Dunno if Zona is better than BSU or Illy, but they proved last season they are way better than us.

They had a very good QB last year. He graduated. We played them down there last year.
    water is wet! Um, they have Carey too. Should we win? Yes! Will we? yes! This is when Sark takes the reigns on the north and scores more than our average of 11.5. ppg
  • dnc said:

Yup, seven win Lambo lucked into a 9-2 regular season.

I can see Sark going 10-3 or 9-4 but feel a little empty cause you have had 3+ plunger rapings in conference.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Arizona is the best team we will have played so far. Is this really being debated?

Arizona is the best team we will have played so far. Is this really being debated?

Doogs even like to Doog here.
  • Arizona is the best team we will have played so far. Is this really being debated?

Doogs even like to Doog here.
    This is what happens when Harv gets run. Hi Harv!

I don't disagree, but at a minimum you need to add Arizona and Arizona State to that list, and recognize that waiting also means not reading too much into the past three games which were basically three scrimmages of varying ease. IMO, there have been some positive developments, but many issues remain, including some that could lead to this team getting its nut sack torn off and stuffed down its throat. How many times have we seen Sark's teams go on losing streaks and get plungered in the process? If they get through the entire season without those things happening, then they will have made real progress. Until they show either direction, I'm in LIFPO mode.