Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL So fucking GoT thread (spoilers inside)

Comments

• Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 278
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The "peaceful little children of the forest" were righteously slaughtered by the monsters they created. They did not add depth to the Seven Kingdoms lineup. And Bran better get a new Direwolf quick.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Cougzz said:

The "peaceful little children of the forest" were righteously slaughtered by the monsters they created. They did not add depth to the Seven Kingdoms lineup. And Bran better die quick.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Cougzz said:

The "peaceful little children of the forest" were righteously slaughtered by the monsters they created. They did not add depth to the Seven Kingdoms lineup. And Bran better die quick.

Listen buttuckbaabs. Bruce Snyder, one of best Pac coaches of all time started15 freshman his 2nd year, including true freshman Jake plummer. The similarities between ASU and UW are astonishingly similar. 6-8 all pac10 LT juan rouque , member him? Of course not, but mirror image to trey adams.

His 5th year, he came within a play of the national title. It takes 4-5years to build a program, Bruce Snyder did it twice. Get that through your fucking skull. Cant build a program from scratch in 3 years. It DOESNT happen.

You show daily, what an ill informed loon you are baabs. Its embarrassing to read.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,780
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Cougzz said:

The "peaceful little children of the forest" were righteously slaughtered by the monsters they created. They did not add depth to the Seven Kingdoms lineup. And Bran better get a new Direwolf quick.

This pretty much sums up the Millennials.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Cougzz said:

This pretty much sums up the Millennials.

????
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Doogles said:

I find it hard to believe that the little elf concubines who were here before the first man, created the white walkers, and hold all the power of the GOT universe couldn't foresee the evil king invading his vision and attacking their stronghold.

It's also not exactly clear that they were completely eliminated. There could still be a little pocket of them surviving. Similar to Sway escaping the white man's attempt to eradicate his people, one of those magic elves could be working at a Westeros Jiffy Lube undercover.

Not sure how i feel about "HOLD THE DOOR". I was getting a little weary when flashback ned "heard" Bran because it was opening the door to time travel, multiple realities etc. The fact that Hodor was Hodor before he was told to Hold the door means Bran already told him to do that, but he hadn't yet, and I hate when narratives fuck with time and space because usually it turns into a clusterfuck a la LOST and every other great premise ruined by time travel butterfly effect bullshit.

I actually don't think this is the case, we could nerd out on this like a good GoT nerd....

Bran warged into Hodor in the past while he was there with him before Hodor was Hodor.

Pre-Hodor-Hodor knew something was going on since Bran was warged into him and could see what was happening to Old Hodor, thus why he lost his mind and became Hodor because he saw his death. Basically Hodor knew what was coming in the cave because he had already seen it 30-40 years ago.

I also think Bloodraven took Bran to that dream so he could warg into Hodor and also so that when Bloodraven was killed he could transfer his power and shit to Bran. But that's entirely different.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It's not time travel you nerds. Time isn't linear it is a circle and shit. So Bran didn't travel into the past because Bran exists everywhere at once.

There is no past, present, or future, only Brandon Stark of Winterfell.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2016

It's not time travel you nerds. Time isn't linear it is a circle and shit. So Bran didn't travel into the past because Bran exists everywhere at once.

I get that's the narrative, but it's still sci-fi bullshit. He's everywhere and nowhere and his dead father can hear him whisper in the wind before he was a gleam in Catlyn's eye... get the fuck out with that bullshit.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Doogles said:

I get that's the narrative, but it's still sci-fi bullshit. He's everywhere and nowhere and his dead father can hear him whisper in the wind before he was a gleam in Catlyn's eye... get the fuck out with that bullshit.
    You know this is fiction, right?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Technically it's Fantasy, Dragons and whatnot.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Ah fantasy, an even lower threshold for reality.

But it could be sci-fi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kwZ_7M3o0
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

But it could be sci-fi:

If you can't see time travel plot lines fuck up every good story with promise, I can't help you. I wouldn't mind a story that followed from the first breach of time/space, but when a key character gets a clue from an event that hasn't happened yet and it affects the main narrative it's bothersome and cheap.

HODOR = HOLD THE DOOR felt like some season 5 LOST bullshit. What do the numbers mean? Oh it was all cheap coincidence. Cool. Next...

I still love the books/show, but the potential to fuck up this epic story is trending very high between HBO + R.R's inevitable heart attack.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

But it could be sci-fi:

If you can't see time travel plot lines fuck up every good story with promise, I can't help you. I wouldn't mind a story that followed from the first breach of time/space, but when a key character gets a clue from an event that hasn't happened yet and it affects the main narrative it's bothersome and cheap.

HODOR = HOLD THE DOOR felt like some season 5 LOST bullshit. What do the numbers mean? Oh it was all cheap coincidence. Cool. Next...

I still love the books/show, but the potential to fuck up this epic story is trending very high between HBO + R.R's inevitable heart attack.
    I do worry that RR dies before completing this. And then all we have are notes and the idiots at HBOs version. To be fair, they are doing a much better job with this season than that bullshit last year.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

But it could be sci-fi:

But it doesn't really affect the narrative. It's just a cool explanation for how Hodor became Hodor and how Bran escapes that situation.

It's not like Bran went back in time and changed Joffrey into a good guy and undid his dead family members, and got his legs back.