Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Disappointed in the bored

2»

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,821
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,821
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

salemcoog said:

One of the toughest things for these old country guys has to be seeing what has become of their beloved musical genre. For a style of music so entrenched in the soul of America, Nashville has become largely a soulless, factory produced racket. There are a few examples of people still doing "old country" but I know Merle was one of many who lamented the death of country music in his later years.

One of the funniest things I saw was a couple years back when psycho Miranda Lambert won yet another bullshit award and she was hugging and high fivin all the way to the stage and ol George Strait just flat stones the bitch. Nothin.

CSB as always.
    Downvote for lacking pics of crazy ass Miranda Lambert's rack.

#freepub
    LEAVE!!
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

One of the toughest things for these old country guys has to be seeing what has become of their beloved musical genre. For a style of music so entrenched in the soul of America, Nashville has become largely a soulless, factory produced racket. There are a few examples of people still doing "old country" but I know Merle was one of many who lamented the death of country music in his later years.

This. When some faggot like Brad Paisley takes to twatter to express his grief over the loss of icons like Waylon and Merle I just roll my fucking eyes. David Allan Coe, Johnny Paycheck and Hank Jr would stomp a mudhole in all modern "Country" artist assholes.
    As a fan of Brad Paisley, I think you're way off base. He's a talented musician who hasn't succumbed to the Nashville nonsense, and still puts out real country music. Guys like Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, etc. are the ones ruining country with their cookie cutter bullshit.
    Maybe you are right. I just know when I turn on country radio for the last 20 years it is a fucking abortion. The last singer I liked that was current were Dwight Youkum and George Straight in the late 80's. Since then, crap.

This is country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZeYDBY4fw

Always liked Dwight and the Bakersfield sound. He put out a buck owens cover album a couple years back that is pretty good.

Jon Pardi is a young guy from Bakersfield that has been getting popular of late, not quite that Bakersfield sound but definitely Califonia country, I thought his entire first album kicked fucking ass.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

salemcoog said:

One of the funniest things I saw was a couple years back when psycho Miranda Lambert won yet another bullshit award and she was hugging and high fivin all the way to the stage and ol George Strait just flat stones the bitch. Nothin.

CSB as always.
    Downvote for lacking pics of crazy ass Miranda Lambert's rack.

#freepub
    What's up with you fags and the Seinfeld references? While the cool crowd was out banging beaver at parties on campus, you maroons were safe at home with your other cuntless friends watching and memorizing lines from Seinfeld on thursday nights (then recite them the next day after class with same said friends). Then after everybody went home, you'd crank up an episode of "friends" when nobody was watching. You know who you are. You still post stupid little Seinfeld youtube clips here every thread. Get over it already. No wonder you chimps are 40 and still single.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2016
    Bangin' beaver. Sounds so 70's. And oh-so hairy.