Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Disappointed in the bored

doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
A classy, and hearty RIP to Merle Haggard.

Even Swaye isn't as badass as that ole sonofabitch.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Bump.

Pussies.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't fuck with the music but the old rock n rollas are my idols, especially the guys like Merle who live into old age.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    One of the toughest things for these old country guys has to be seeing what has become of their beloved musical genre. For a style of music so entrenched in the soul of America, Nashville has become largely a soulless, factory produced racket. There are a few examples of people still doing "old country" but I know Merle was one of many who lamented the death of country music in his later years.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

One of the toughest things for these old country guys has to be seeing what has become of their beloved musical genre. For a style of music so entrenched in the soul of America, Nashville has become largely a soulless, factory produced racket. There are a few examples of people still doing "old country" but I know Merle was one of many who lamented the death of country music in his later years.

This. When some faggot like Brad Paisley takes to twatter to express his grief over the loss of icons like Waylon and Merle I just roll my fucking eyes. David Allan Coe, Johnny Paycheck and Hank Jr would stomp a mudhole in all modern "Country" artist assholes.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2016
    Swaye said:

This. When some faggot like Brad Paisley takes to twatter to express his grief over the loss of icons like Waylon and Merle I just roll my fucking eyes. David Allan Coe, Johnny Paycheck and Hank Jr would stomp a mudhole in all modern "Country" artist assholes.
    As a fan of Brad Paisley, I think you're way off base. He's a talented musician who hasn't succumbed to the Nashville nonsense, and still puts out real country music. Guys like Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, etc. are the ones ruining country with their cookie cutter bullshit.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2016
    Never got into country music, although I hear I need to go to a country concert because there is top notch drunk off budwieser talent everywhere.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

As a fan of Brad Paisley, I think you're way off base. He's a talented musician who hasn't succumbed to the Nashville nonsense, and still puts out real country music. Guys like Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, etc. are the ones ruining country with their cookie cutter bullshit.
    Maybe you are right. I just know when I turn on country radio for the last 20 years it is a fucking abortion. The last singer I liked that was current were Dwight Youkum and George Straight in the late 80's. Since then, crap.

This is country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZeYDBY4fw

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee;
    We don't take no trips on LSD
    We don't burn no draft cards down on Main Street;
    We like livin' right, and bein' free.

I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee,
    A place where even squares can have a ball
    We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse,
    And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all

We don't make a party out of lovin';
    We like holdin' hands and pitchin' woo;
    We don't let our hair grow long and shaggy,
    Like the hippies out in San Francisco do.

And I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee,
    A place where even squares can have a ball.
    And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all.

Leather boots are still in style for manly footwear;
    Beads and Roman sandals won't be seen.
    Football's still the roughest thing on campus,
    And the kids here still respect the college dean.

In Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA.

Until He met 'ol Willy!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,900

So Merle was a GET OFF MY LAWN! kind of guy?

I"m sure Roger Daltry and Pete Townsend bitch about Bieber too. Just like Nat King Cole bitched about Roger Daltry and Pete Townsend. And so it goes.

• Options
    edited April 2016

One of the funniest things I saw was a couple years back when psycho Miranda Lambert won yet another bullshit award and she was hugging and high fivin all the way to the stage and ol George Strait just flat stones the bitch. Nothin.

CSB as always.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,900
    salemcoog said:

One of the funniest things I saw was a couple years back when psycho Miranda Lambert won yet another bullshit award and she was hugging and high fivin all the way to the stage and ol George Strait just flat stones the bitch. Nothin.

CSB as always.
    Downvote for lacking pics of crazy ass Miranda Lambert's rack.

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Try Chris Stapleton if you want old country style. That fucker has old school country problems and a kick ass voice.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

CSB as always.
    Downvote for lacking pics of crazy ass Miranda Lambert's rack.

Yeeeahhh,,, However her legs are a better attribute than her rack IMO. I don't think she's ever had a job done which doesn't mean shit cuz she's still pretty young but she doesn't do much for me.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    99% of modern country sucks. No real story telling. Just lies and contrivances then bragged about while strumming a gee-tar. There's actually a song where a guy sings, "Where I grew up, (deedle-deedle-dee) we all drove trucks." Shoot that fuck.

Nuke Nashville Now.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,822
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club