Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Don James statue fundraiser

13»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

They put up a statue of Owens around 2003. I forget how it was funded but this is ridiculous. Owens was okay but James is twice the coach he was and the team didn't rebel against him. Are they going to set up a gofuckme account next? It's an insult.

As much as I despise the SEC cheatin culture, they at least prioritize sports that matter over transgender safe zone badminton. There's not this p.c. bullshit pretense that every sport is equal and precious and social engineers.

It's like you almost get it
    I do get it. I just think there ought to be a level playing field for the Power 5. I believe that's Emmert's dept. So if you're going to go rogue, there needs to be a risk of consequences and one conference shouldn't get favortism or sweetheart tv deals and media treatment.
    Hi.

There are two REAL power conferences in football and three others that pretend to be power football conferences.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Classic UW AD to ask for regular Joe husky fans to hold a fucking church-style cake bake fundraiser so there can be a statue of the greatest football coach in school history.

On the other side, a hundred bucks says they'll erect a gold plated statue of whatever donut-bumping, butch cut, carpet munching softball coach that won a national title a few years ago.

It never stops. That why we fucking hate you...yes YOU! The AD that reads this bored with distain...you can all get fucked with an AIDS-infected, rusty cheese grater.

What other athletic department in the country does bullshit like this?

Bunch of guilty, white liberal jerk offs congratulating each other over a fucking sustainable (and hopefully a defaulted) stadium but looking down their nose to us...the knuckle-dragging masses to fund a statue of the coach they secretly (but not so secretly) hate and only put up with his memory so that the ashes of his once proud program can continue to fund the lesbian sports.

I'll bet any one of you fucktards that the Alabama AD didn't wait for their Fleenors to post on a message bored and guilt trip 500 idiotic Internet fuckwads to go to a car wash fundraiser so their AD can afford a statue to Nick Saban.

POTY(ear).

This completely sums up why after James and Lude were forced out/left we've essentially sucked at CFB for the last 20 years.

At schools that care about winning (and by winning I mean having more points than your opponent at the end of the game after 4 qtr.'s and NOT winning the national stadium sustainability award) there are 10 boosters that pay for the statue by themselves and chuckle this is even a question on how to pay for it.

The fact UW set's up a go fund me account to honor/acknowledge the greatest football coach in the modern era in our history tells you everything you need to know about where football ranks (I would have sports, but in the PC world we live in, UW actually likes all the title 9/Olympic sports they can show everyone they take pride in).
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fuck Don James. If it weren't for him, I would have spent the last 15 years doing something useful instead of wasting my life following this shitball bullshit team saunter prosaically between one form of disappointment to another.

I hope it never gets built, but if it does I hope it's immediately covered in seagull shit and dog piss and stays that way until it's torn down by BLM in 2028 as a symbol of male oppression.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Fuck Don James. If it weren't for him, I would have spent the last 15 years doing something useful instead of wasting my life following this shitball bullshit team saunter prosaically between one form of disappointment to another.

I hope it never gets built, but if it does I hope it's immediately covered in seagull shit and dog piss and stays that way until it's torn down by BLM in 2028 as a symbol of male oppression.

disagree... anyway it was Suzzallo that was really the problem. He fired a coach that never lost a game. HOW MUCH FUCKING DUMBER COULD ANYTHING BE THAN THAT.