Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So Bernie is going to win Wisonsin

2»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Every loss to Sanders hurts HIllary. Those on the fence are seeing that she's rejected by a substantial portion of her own party. Those who hate her already are doubling-down on what they see as further weakness and vulnerability. And we haven't even seen the swiftboat ads yet.

Truth is, all Trump has to do is show Hillary's picture for 10 seconds without saying anything, and it's enough to turn voters against her. I know many dems who plan to vote for Hillary, but wouldn't want to be in the same room with her. And that's her biggest liability: Her personality. Yuck.

Shitstain, Trump's and Hillary's negatives are off the charts, with Trump's taking the cake.

This year's election is a shitshow regardless.
    Trump isn't going to get the nomination. The establishment isn't going to try this hard and fail, as it would be a political embarrassment and nightmare for them. They would have to restructure their entire party.

Even if Trump gets barely over the 1237, the GOP can still swing non binding delegates away from Trump before the first vote so he'll still be under 1237.

Cruz and Kasich are done too. If the establishment takes down Trump, there is no reason to accept Cruz as a nominee, especially if they don't like him.

Kasich has lost every state but one, and nobody like a loser, so he's out.

Paul Ryan will win the nomination on either the third or 4th vote. He'll have not lost to Trump, so he isn't a loser, and he's the establishment darling. I personally will not vote for him, because his nomination would be a complete sham.

On the democrat side: Bernie was done before the first primary. The democrats like him as much as the GOP likes Cruz. Hillary wins the nomination unless she's indicted. If that happens, Joe Biden then becomes the democrat flag bearer come November.

If Hillary is indicted Biden is the next president. If Hillary isn't charged and runs in November, Ryan will destroy her, because Hillary is about as likable as a kick in the nuts.

Either way, it should be interesting...
    Hillary isn't getting indicted. Trump isn't getting the nomination. I'm hearing Ryan is the chosen one. And both parties need to blow the fuck up.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Every loss to Sanders hurts HIllary. Those on the fence are seeing that she's rejected by a substantial portion of her own party. Those who hate her already are doubling-down on what they see as further weakness and vulnerability. And we haven't even seen the swiftboat ads yet.

Truth is, all Trump has to do is show Hillary's picture for 10 seconds without saying anything, and it's enough to turn voters against her. I know many dems who plan to vote for Hillary, but wouldn't want to be in the same room with her. And that's her biggest liability: Her personality. Yuck.

Shitstain, Trump's and Hillary's negatives are off the charts, with Trump's taking the cake.

Trump isn't going to get the nomination. The establishment isn't going to try this hard and fail, as it would be a political embarrassment and nightmare for them. They would have to restructure their entire party.

Even if Trump gets barely over the 1237, the GOP can still swing non binding delegates away from Trump before the first vote so he'll still be under 1237.

Cruz and Kasich are done too. If the establishment takes down Trump, there is no reason to accept Cruz as a nominee, especially if they don't like him.

Paul Ryan will win the nomination on either the third or 4th vote. He'll have not lost to Trump, so he isn't a loser, and he's the establishment darling. I personally will not vote for him, because his nomination would be a complete sham.

On the democrat side: Bernie was done before the first primary. The democrats like him as much as the GOP likes Cruz. Hillary wins the nomination unless she's indicted. If that happens, Joe Biden then becomes the democrat flag bearer come November.

If Hillary is indicted Biden is the next president. If Hillary isn't charged and runs in November, Ryan will destroy her, because Hillary is about as likable as a kick in the nuts.

Hillary isn't getting indicted. Trump isn't getting the nomination. I'm hearing Ryan is the chosen one. And both parties need to blow the fuck up.
    One of the few times I agree with you.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

You forgot the part about Trump running as an independent assuring a landslide victory for Hillary and a likely huge democratic swing in Congress due to the angry Trumpites refusing to vote republican.

Slightly preceded, of course, by a rush by Mitch McConnell and company to APPROVE Garland for Supreme Court justice
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Sanders still needs to win the remaining delegates by a nearly 60% margin. And that doesn't even account for the super delegates. You can keep clinging to hope if you want, but get real, it's been over for a month now.

Super delegates will flip to whoever wins the most pledged votes. That said, it'll be insanely hard for Bernie to close the gap due to every dem primary being proportional.
    I don't know if it's a foregone conclusion that the super delegates will flip to whoever wins the normal delegate count. That has certainly happened in the past, but in those situations the democratic candidates were both firmly a part of the DNC. Sanders has all but rejected the democrats for his entire political career. On top of that, he's raised next to nothing for downstream democratic races (last I checked his number was at $10,000), while Hillary has raised over $30 million for those state and local democratic politicians. She has put in the time and effort to build alliances with the powers that be in her party, while Sanders has largely ignored them. That kind of strategy could very well bite him in the ass if it somehow comes down to the super delegates playing a role in determining the nominee.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

NEsnake12 said:

Sanders still needs to win the remaining delegates by a nearly 60% margin. And that doesn't even account for the super delegates. You can keep clinging to hope if you want, but get real, it's been over for a month now.

Super delegates will flip to whoever wins the most pledged votes. That said, it'll be insanely hard for Bernie to close the gap due to every dem primary being proportional.
    I don't know if it's a foregone conclusion that the super delegates will flip to whoever wins the normal delegate count. That has certainly happened in the past, but in those situations the democratic candidates were both firmly a part of the DNC. Sanders has all but rejected the democrats for his entire political career. On top of that, he's raised next to nothing for downstream democratic races (last I checked his number was at $10,000), while Hillary has raised over $30 million for those state and local democratic politicians. She has put in the time and effort to build alliances with the powers that be in her party, while Sanders has largely ignored them. That kind of strategy could very well bite him in the ass if it somehow comes down to the super delegates playing a role in determining the nominee.
    If that happens, Bernie should just say fuck it and run as an Independent.

After Trump gets screwed by the RNC, we can have a 4 horse race.

Could be interesting.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

Could be interesting.
    I like this idea
  • Options
    edited April 2016

NEsnake12 said:

Could be interesting.
    If we get a (D) Hillary vs (R) Ryan vs (I) Sanders vs (I) Trump race, how many people are going to be dumping money into a short term buy of Conagra (maker of Orville Redenbacher) stock?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

But how is the Presidential nomination process a corrupt shitshow?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

NEsnake12 said:

Could be interesting.
    I've been saying for months this is the best possible result for the future of the republic. Any three of them in the race is bad news because it destroys one party and sets one party up to dominate by default. All four of them in the race is fantastic because it destroys the two party system. I wouldn't even care who won the four way race, just having it would be the best possible thing for Mericah.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Could be interesting.
    I've been saying for months this is the best possible result for the future of the republic. Any three of them in the race is bad news because it destroys one party and sets one party up to dominate by default. All four of them in the race is fantastic because it destroys the two party system. I wouldn't even care who won the four way race, just having it would be the best possible thing for Mericah.
    In reality, I don't think it would be great politically. Great for TV. Keep in mind, you have to win a majority. Nobody in the field of 4 would win the majority, so I think it would go to the Senate. Which would more than likely pick Ryan. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it's done when nobody gets a majority in the electoral college.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Could be interesting.
    In reality, I don't think it would be great politically. Great for TV. Keep in mind, you have to win a majority. Nobody in the field of 4 would win the majority, so I think it would go to the Senate. Which would more than likely pick Ryan. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it's done when nobody gets a majority in the electoral college.
    You fucking kidding me? It would be amazing. Again, I don't care who emerged (I hadn't considered this possibility, I'd probably take Ryan over any of the four of them but that's not the point). The point is Trump as an independent would splinter the GOP, Feel the Bernie as an independent would splinter the democratic party, we end up with four parties: GOP, democrat, socialist and tea party/libertarian or some such, and the two party system is dead.

I'd take a Hillary presidency if it meant the end of the two party system. If I could get that with a Ryan presidency sign me up yesterday
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    If no candidate receives a majority of Electoral votes, the House of Representatives elects the President from the 3 Presidential candidates who received the most Electoral votes. Each state delegation has one vote. The Senate would elect the Vice President from the 2 Vice Presidential candidates with the most Electoral votes. Each Senator would cast one vote for Vice President. If the House of Representatives fails to elect a President by Inauguration Day, the Vice-President Elect serves as acting President until the deadlock is resolved in the House.

YOLO

Only the top 3 get considered by the House. I could easily see Ryan getting rejected by voters and not making the top 3 (Bernie, Trump, Hillary). As Speaker, he would no doubt have influence, but I have a hard time believing he wins over voters after being force fed to them, and having to run against 3 well known candidates.

But the VP decision is even more interesting. If Bernie can get Elizabeth Warren as a running mate, she could be the first female president (acting, but whatever) even if Hillary eventually wins the election.

If I have to endure a Hillary presidency, having that title taken away from her would make it a little bit easier to handle.

Overall, must see TV.

Hopefully some riots break out.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

If no candidate receives a majority of Electoral votes, the House of Representatives elects the President from the 3 Presidential candidates who received the most Electoral votes. Each state delegation has one vote. The Senate would elect the Vice President from the 2 Vice Presidential candidates with the most Electoral votes. Each Senator would cast one vote for Vice President. If the House of Representatives fails to elect a President by Inauguration Day, the Vice-President Elect serves as acting President until the deadlock is resolved in the House.

YOLO

Only the top 3 get considered by the House. I could easily see Ryan getting rejected by voters and not making the top 3 (Bernie, Trump, Hillary). As Speaker, he would no doubt have influence, but I have a hard time believing he wins over voters after being force fed to them, and having to run against 3 well known candidates.

But the VP decision is even more interesting. If Bernie can get Elizabeth Warren as a running mate, she could be the first female president (acting, but whatever) even if Hillary eventually wins the election.

If I have to endure a Hillary presidency, having that title taken away from her would make it a little bit easier to handle.

Overall, must see TV.

Hopefully some riots break out.