Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A few interesting decisions by Sark

Comments

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    You are going to need a lot of bodies on D mid way through Pac 12 play. Nearly every team now runs the up tempo, and even Stanford did some tonight against ASU.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    I guess I'll LIFPO, but it tells me Sark thinks A) Farria can have an impact this season or B) he doesn't give a fuck because he knows he'll be gone in a few years if Woody grows a set or the Raiders need a new coach soon.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    Could you imagine Stanford running up tempo as physical as they play? Holy shit.
  • jmc84 said:

Could you imagine Stanford running up tempo as physical as they play? Holy shit.

You gotta have athletes to run that offense. They are a big physical team. They are basically what the Huskies were under Don James.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I guess I'll LIFPO, but it tells me Sark thinks A) Farria can have an impact this season or B) he doesn't give a fuck because he knows he'll be gone in a few years if Woody grows a set or the Raiders need a new coach soon.

Sark ACED his audition for the Raiders today.

jmc84 said:

You gotta have athletes to run that offense. They are a big physical team. They are basically what the Huskies were under Don James.
    I don't see any reason why they couldn't play smashmouth at a fast pace. Hell, even UW managed to do it at the beginning of the 2nd half against Illinois. Yeah, their OL might get tired until they got used to it, but their 2nd string OL is better than our starters. It's not like their offense is that complicated, it's 4 plays: run you the fuck over right, run you the fuck over left, run you the fuck over up the middle, and fake run you the fuck over then pass to a TE.
  • jmc84 said:

jmc84 said:

I don't see any reason why they couldn't play smashmouth at a fast pace. Hell, even UW managed to do it at the beginning of the 2nd half against Illinois. Yeah, their OL might get tired until they got used to it, but their 2nd string OL is better than our starters. It's not like their offense is that complicated, it's 4 plays: run you the fuck over right, run you the fuck over left, run you the fuck over up the middle, and fake run you the fuck over then pass to a TE.
    When you have athletes you can run a fast paced offense. You are getting the ball out quickly to your fast WR's to make plays. You are putting an emphasis on skill guys while de-em-phasing the OL.

If you are stanford you have a great OL and not so great WR's. Their style is they pound you into the ground, control the time of possession.

jmc84 said:

jmc84 said:

When you have athletes you can run a fast paced offense. You are getting the ball out quickly to your fast WR's to make plays. You are putting an emphasis on skill guys while de-em-phasing the OL.

If you are stanford you have a great OL and not so great WR's. Their style is they pound you into the ground, control the time of possession.
    I don't disagree with what you're saying, I guess I was just cringing at the thought of them pounding on our DL at a faster pace. Slow plunger>fast plunger
    Oregon runs fast paced smashmouth people.
    Agree. I was referring to Stanford's hulk package.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

They have good lineman, but I wouldn't consider it smashmouth. They also run a lot of bubble screens.

They have good lineman, but I wouldn't consider it smashmouth. They also run a lot of bubble screens.

Oregon's run/pass ratio is the highest in the conference.

Point taken, but it's not the Alabama or Stanford model of smash mouth. Oregon runs zone blocking, Alabama and Stanford try and knock the DL off the ball.

Point taken, but it's not the Alabama or Stanford model of smash mouth. Oregon runs zone blocking, Alabama and Stanford try and knock the DL off the ball.

And counterpoint taken.

• GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Shelton is hurt, and we ought to have sat him out of this game. Playing him still in the second half is stupid.
    I have no problem with sitting Sankey, though. I also would not have objected if Sark let him in long enough to get over 100 yards, but that is mostly for Sankey's place in Husky posterity.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Global said:

Shelton is hurt, and we ought to have sat him out of this game. Playing him still in the second half is stupid.
    I have no problem with sitting Sankey, though. I also would not have objected if Sark

What can be done to get Sark out of the games?

Global said:

I have no problem with sitting Sankey, though. I also would not have objected if Sark

We need him to get ejected for targeting, or suspended for getting caught doing 90 while doing blow off a hooker's ass.
    edited September 2013
    jmc84 said:

Global said:

We need him to get ejected for targeting, or suspended for getting caught doing 90 while doing blow off a hooker's Joey's waitress' ass.
  • You are going to need a lot of bodies on D mid way through Pac 12 play. Nearly every team now runs the up tempo, and even Stanford did some tonight against ASU.

He doesn't defend Sark guys....
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited September 2013

You are going to need a lot of bodies on D mid way through Pac 12 play. Nearly every team now runs the up tempo, and even Stanford did some tonight against ASU.

He doesn't defend Sark guys....
    If making a valid point is defending Sark, then sign me up. Or I could be a dumb fuck like you and never bring anything to the table.

Or I forgot, 5 reasons are more you cup of tea.