Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ten Years Ago Tomorrow Mike Jensen Cemented His Place In Our Hearts Forever

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DHD said:

This should serve as exhibit #1 when talking about Romar's coaching, or lack thereof.

UW has a free throw, so it's a dead ball situation. Romar, even without a time out, has plenty of time to call his guys to the sideline to set the defense. He doesn't.

UConn throws the ball in bounds and UW makes no attempt to slow the dribble up the floor, which allows UConn to run their set play with virtually no resistance. Rather than pick up and at least turn the dribbler a couple of times, the UW just back pedals and watches the dribbler advance.

The guy makes a great shot, but it's in rhythm and within the context of what UConn was trying to accomplish. With even a token amount of pressure on the dribbler, the UConn shooter doesn't get the chance to get the shot off within the structure of their set play.

Fast forward 10 years. UW is STILL doing the same stupid shit at the end of games. Don't believe me? Watch the Oregon State game.

But ... wait until next year!!!!

You mean like the Oregon State game?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I know Jensen gets all the hate, but JD really played like shit in this game.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Jesus. I remember this shit. I need a smoke.

I also thought Josh Boone was a fag.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sweet tat there Jensen.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    That was like watching a car accident in slow motion. Still watched the last 5 minutes again. Jensens brick 3 right before the foul made me laugh, forgot about that one.