Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Alpha dog too much for Peterman.

13»

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

If you can't beat out Miles and Lumpquist, there's a problem.

Thanks Billy. Was just going to post same thing, said it 100 times while he was here. See there's a reason Billy is Alpha dog a power top Mod and I'm a power bottom on the higher discussion bored.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

The more I read about Petersen, the more I think he's a small time pussy who stayed out of big boy football for a reason.

That's a real possibility, but the guy being quoted is an OC for a Juco. $20 Sven bucks his iq is under 100.
    I might make the same wager on Petersen or Smith
    I see them as Tequilla types. They are relatively smart, but are also retarded because they have a need to show off how smart they are.

Johnny smith: Hey Pete, check out this play for third and short. They will expect us to run, so we get Marvin Hall on an OLB.

Petersen: I love it. Marvin ran a 4.47 at our mock pro day. He has the advantage.

Then they call the play in the game, Marvin Hall gets stonewalled at the LOS by the OLB, it fucks up the timing and Browning ends up throwing it away under duress.

Peterman and Smith blame Pease during the following film session for not teaching Marvin hall to get off a jam.
    Roaddawg, honestly I thought you were smarter than this garbage. Who was the Wide receivers coach? What does said coach teach? Underwater basket weaving? Fuck no. It is his job to teach the fundamentals and instill the proper mentality into his charges. Settling for second classs recruits because you know you can get them set the tone for Pease's tenure. Take what is easy and don't bother working hard to block your man or sett the edge. The receiver play during the bowl game showed more effort by the receivers in one game than they showed all year. If your coach settles for mediocrity why cant' the receivers. And they did. Blaming Petersen and Smith for Pease's shortcomings is laughable. Petersen doesnt play that game and that is why Pease sold the couch.
    Huh?
    Guess my original got deleted. Smells like Doogman up in here with the censorship. Mods protecting their golden geese.
    No one deleted your post. By the way, who hired the WR coach? Who was responsible for having an idea of what the WR was or was not teaching the WRs? Oh yeah, Petermen.

I like Petermen and think he'll do well here but everything the team does or fails to do falls on the head coach.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    "Petersen was too controlling and conservative for Williams, they said, and Williams — such an "alpha dog" that even Kaub's assistants often deferred to him — was too outgoing for Petersen."

See, this is the problem with recruiting. A controlling and conservative coach takes over when the kid committed to the guy who would just let him go out there and rip it.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Troy Williams, NOGAF.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club

Thanks Billy. Was just going to post same thing, said it 100 times while he was here. See there's a reason Billy is Alpha dog Mod on the higher discussion bored.
    Alright! I'm a mod! I'm going to ban people who promote the SEC bullshit.
    You would be the worst mod ever.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited March 2016

No player has ever been on the bench because the coach is a fucktard

That is fucking idiot talk. Honestly Race I understand you are some big man around these parts but I really hope all your anti-Petersen talk is bull shit. Your eyes are as good as mine and if you can not see what Coach P is building you are fucking blind.
    Big man? No! Blind? Yes! Ice you're on the brink of a higher discussion invite . Keep up the quality posting.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

That is fucking idiot talk. Honestly Race I understand you are some big man around these parts but I really hope all your anti-Petersen talk is bull shit. Your eyes are as good as mine and if you can not see what Coach P is building you are fucking blind.
    Big man? No! Blind? Yes!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Thanks Billy. Was just going to post same thing, said it 100 times while he was here. See there's a reason Billy is Alpha dog Mod on the higher discussion bored.
    Alright! I'm a mod! I'm going to ban people who promote the SEC bullshit.
    You would be the worst mod ever.
    Probably but you know it's a joke right?

I secretly enjoy the SEC arguments...at least it's actual sports talk
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    This wasn't a Chris Hemphill situation. Peters didn't buy in but he still started and made it through most of the season.

Williams sucked, took his ball and went home like a bitch.

Yes the conditions against ASU were horrible, but Williams threw 2 picks and another 2-3 that ASU guys had in their bread basket and flat out dropped. He looked like the 3rd string QB he was.

Some of you have a narrative and look really foolish trying to stick to it in this case, rather than observing objectively.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Great 1st post Funk. Keep it up, the imaginary HDB needs quality youth.

Big man? No! Blind? Yes! Ice you're on the brink of a higher discussion invite . Keep up the quality posting.
    Puppy is gathering quite the impressive collection of retards for his imaginary higher discussion bored.
    Its common to criticize something you're not a part of. Remember high school Nacho? I think sitting home on friday nights while the rest of your class went to cool parties leaves you bitter 5 years later. The HDB is one of those parties. Its ok, you can always post here with the other 5-7 dorks left out. There's a forum for everyone here at HH. No child gets left behind:)