Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Offseason Story Time...

Back in 2004, when I was 10x the doog and dumbass I still am, I somewhat believed Ken Griz when he told me that Mark Emmert might be able to lure away Saban from LSU. "Why the hell would he leave LSU" I said. "Its racist and backwards there, and he loves Emmert"...or something along those lines.

This was sometime during the season when Gilby had already fired himself.

What about Kirk Ferentz, I asked. At the time he was on his way to a 10-2 season. Over the previous 5 seasons Ferentz went from 1 to 3 to 7 to 11 to 10 wins. He was a hot name at the time.

"Do you think a name like Kirk Ferentz is going to get that stadium rebuilt? They need a big name, like a Saban. Emmert has hired some top professors away. He can get what he wants."

What actually transpired, as we know was 180 degrees different. Emmert brought in an AD who was so bad at his last stop that they almost did away with having an AD (if I recall correctly). AD proceeds to hire someone that no program in the top 50 would give one second of thought about hiring. Then they made the most gutless and treasonous act by not firing Tyroan after 2007.

Of course somehow the stadium was redone, Sark was miraculously hired away and Petersen fell into UW's lap. I think it was just karma after the Emmert/Turner years.

Comments