Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New ad for Bernie

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,551
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    too bad nobody will see it.

It could possibly swaye some of HiLiary's super delegates to ponder voting for him.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I was expecting fisting.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

I simply cannot figure out why the Black vote is so strong for Hillary. Time to change that

She's married to a brotha, for one.
    Election night 1992 I was watching the scene from Little Rock and my wife walked in and said "I can't stand that guy and I don't trust him." She thought he was a racist
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,149
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

I simply cannot figure out why the Black vote is so strong for Hillary. Time to change that

Election night 1992 I was watching the scene from Little Rock and my wife walked in and said "I can't stand that guy and I don't trust him." She thought he was a racist
    I remember when i was at your house talking with your wife, something in our conversation prompted me to bring up a Seinfeld reference, at which point she shook her head adamantly and said "I can't STAND that show."
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,149
    Founders Club
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

PurpleJ said:

She also married you. Maybe she just isn't very bright?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I remember when i was at your house talking with your wife, something in our conversation prompted me to bring up a Seinfeld reference, at which point she shook her head adamantly and said "I can't STAND that show."
    Michael Wilbon hates it too. And Friends.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    By the way was I there when you were at my house with my wife?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have a theory. It's a little out there but I think it's a factor. Bernie is running on what people thought Obama was. Hope and change would be a much better slogan now for Bernie. Nothing about the last 8 years has inspired hope and nothing has changed. I think if Bernie were to win and accomplish what he's talking about it would make Obama look like failure and they desperately don't want the first black president to be a failure. Being the last president before a political revolution is not a good look.

Editors note: I realize Obama is a failure but that's not how he's perceived by most black people and many on the left.
    Not a bad take. HIllary is also claiming that Sanders is ripping Obama and wants to undo what he has done, whatever that is
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,901

I have a theory. It's a little out there but I think it's a factor. Bernie is running on what people thought Obama was. Hope and change would be a much better slogan now for Bernie. Nothing about the last 8 years has inspired hope and nothing has changed. I think if Bernie were to win and accomplish what he's talking about it would make Obama look like failure and they desperately don't want the first black president to be a failure. Being the last president before a political revolution is not a good look.

Editors note: I realize Obama is a failure but that's not how he's perceived by most black people and many on the left.
    Most black people thought OJ was innocent, too.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

James William Fulbright (April 9, 1905 – February 9, 1995) was a United States Senator representing Arkansas from January 1945 until his resignation in December 1974.

Fulbright was a Southern Democrat and a staunch multilateralist who supported the creation of the United Nations and the longest serving chairman in the history of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He was also a segregationist who signed the Southern Manifesto. Fulbright opposed McCarthyism and the House Un-American Activities Committee and later became known for his opposition to American involvement in the Vietnam War. His efforts to establish an international exchange program eventually resulted in the creation of a fellowship program which bears his name, the Fulbright Program.

President Bill Clinton cited him as a mentor.

Ballbag steps on his dick yet again
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Can we(?) criticize Obama now without being a racist?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

PurpleJ said:

James William Fulbright (April 9, 1905 – February 9, 1995) was a United States Senator representing Arkansas from January 1945 until his resignation in December 1974.

Fulbright was a Southern Democrat and a staunch multilateralist who supported the creation of the United Nations and the longest serving chairman in the history of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He was also a segregationist who signed the Southern Manifesto. Fulbright opposed McCarthyism and the House Un-American Activities Committee and later became known for his opposition to American involvement in the Vietnam War. His efforts to establish an international exchange program eventually resulted in the creation of a fellowship program which bears his name, the Fulbright Program.

President Bill Clinton cited him as a mentor.

Ballbag steps on his dick yet again
    She married you, ipso facto, she's FS.

Are we done here?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Not a bad take. HIllary is also claiming that Sanders is ripping Obama and wants to undo what he has done, whatever that is
    Bernie wants to bring Bin Laden back from the dead.