Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Millions of ordinary Americans support Donald Trump. Here's why

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,957
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Back when Obama was elected a group of firebrand Republicans saw him as a meal ticket.

They created a thing called the Tea Party. This would fire up the grassroots and make the GOP a power party with grassroots made up of roughnecks who felt colored folk were taking their jobs.

Well ... they took advantage of those folk. Played them for fools, thought they would go away.

Problem is they created a Frankenstein ... and the Frankenstein has found a voice in Donald Trump.

Nobody cares what his policy on XYZ is ... just that he is going to go kick ass.

I'm not sure he can beat Cruz one on one ... but we're about to find out.

I don't agree with your assessment. The Tea Party is still here. They're still by and large Cruz supporters who want an extreme cutback on government and a renewed focus on socially restrictive policies.

Trump's supporters are all over the spectrum politically, but for the most part are not disillusioned Tea Partiers. They're disillusioned everythings. They are the culmination of decades of a GOP (and to a lesser extent, the democrats) that hasn't come through for them; whether it be on issues of immigration, the domestic economy, or foreign policy. So they've now been drawn to the candidate who has boiled down all of that frustration into one single authoritarian message: "We will win, and I will get my way on every policy issue".

Both camps have been let down by the GOP, but for very different reasons. Zakaria sums it up pretty well in this column:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-the-gops-dishonesty-led-to-the-rise-of-donald-trump-and-ted-cruz/2016/01/28/d0bfdf8c-c5fb-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html
    Excellent article.

I stand corrected.

Bottom line, voters are fucking pissed off.
    True dat. And Trump is marketing pissed off better than any of the other candidates.

Rubio is a whiner, not even sure Cruz is an American, Hilary is fucking Hilary and Bernie is Larry David with a free college education program.

Trump is "'Merica Fuck YEAH!" on steroids. He will roll in November.

Not saying I agree with him on much of anything so don't twist. But unless something radical happens between now and November, get ready for the hottest first lady ever.

And if he tabs Kacich as the VP, it's not even going to be close.
    Not so fast my friend.

Boner deflation.
    That fucker had polio AND married that swamp thing. What a shit show.
    FDR was still banging the shit out of Lucy Mercer.

And he was getting busy with these two:

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,851
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Back when Obama was elected a group of firebrand Republicans saw him as a meal ticket.

They created a thing called the Tea Party. This would fire up the grassroots and make the GOP a power party with grassroots made up of roughnecks who felt colored folk were taking their jobs.

Well ... they took advantage of those folk. Played them for fools, thought they would go away.

Problem is they created a Frankenstein ... and the Frankenstein has found a voice in Donald Trump.

Nobody cares what his policy on XYZ is ... just that he is going to go kick ass.

I don't agree with your assessment. The Tea Party is still here. They're still by and large Cruz supporters who want an extreme cutback on government and a renewed focus on socially restrictive policies.

Trump's supporters are all over the spectrum politically, but for the most part are not disillusioned Tea Partiers. They're disillusioned everythings. They are the culmination of decades of a GOP (and to a lesser extent, the democrats) that hasn't come through for them; whether it be on issues of immigration, the domestic economy, or foreign policy. So they've now been drawn to the candidate who has boiled down all of that frustration into one single authoritarian message: "We will win, and I will get my way on every policy issue".

Both camps have been let down by the GOP, but for very different reasons. Zakaria sums it up pretty well in this column:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-the-gops-dishonesty-led-to-the-rise-of-donald-trump-and-ted-cruz/2016/01/28/d0bfdf8c-c5fb-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html
    Bingo.

This is why Trump sucks in closed primary states but dominates when they're open. He has just as much support outside of the GOP as he does inside of it.
    Which is what my article pointed out. Blue collar working class. Who would have guessed ...
  • Options
    Founders Club

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Excellent article.

I stand corrected.

True dat. And Trump is marketing pissed off better than any of the other candidates.

Rubio is a whiner, not even sure Cruz is an American, Hilary is fucking Hilary and Bernie is Larry David with a free college education program.

Not saying I agree with him on much of anything so don't twist. But unless something radical happens between now and November, get ready for the hottest first lady ever.

Or Ben Carson.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Bingo.

This is why Trump sucks in closed primary states but dominates when they're open. He has just as much support outside of the GOP as he does inside of it.
    Which makes him a much bigger threat in a general election, than many people give him credit for.
    It might. The hard thing to decipher is just how much of the GOP electorate stays home/votes third party if Trump is the nominee. I don't think anybody really knows. There's a real possibility that a very large chunk just sits it out or votes Romney/whoever.

The best thing for Trump would be Sanders winning the nomination, because the GOP would have to vote for him then. If it's Hillary I think a lot of people stay home.
    Disagree. I've talked to a ton of long-time Dems that will straight vote Trump if Hills is the nominee. They don't trust her.

I think you see this also bearing out in Trump's cross-aisle support from the voters.

I think Bernie beats Trump.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Haven't I seen that second woman somewhere?
  • Options
    OctavianOctavian Member Posts: 71
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

"Ordinary Americans" have been fucking this country for decades. An IQ of 100, overweight, taking advantage of their employers, filing frivolous lawsuits, filing worker's comp claims when they could easily work, and watching the Kardashians on TV.

Fuck them.

Stop. You sound like a Republican.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Oh yes 1000 years from now the history books will all say how America was brought down by frivolous law suits and Kim Kardashian. You sound like an idiot.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Oh yes 1000 years from now the history books will all say how America was brought down by frivolous law suits and Kim Kardashian. You sound like an idiot.

Yeah - that's what I said. Get some reading comprehension skills or shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Octavian said:

Is that Trump's World of Warcraft gear?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,584
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You underestimate the power of dat ass.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

You underestimate the power of dat ass.
    Overrated.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    how many SUPERDELEGATES did Bernie win????
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dflea said:

"Ordinary Americans" have been fucking this country for decades. An IQ of 100, overweight, taking advantage of their employers, filing frivolous lawsuits, filing worker's comp claims when they could easily work, and watching the Kardashians on TV.

Fuck them.

This is why I always vote for the elitist candidate.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Excellent article.

I stand corrected.

Not so fast my friend.

Boner deflation.
    That fucker had polio AND married that swamp thing. What a shit show.
    Don't forget that she was also his cousin. Not 1st cousin, but still close enough to be creepy.

And he wore a cape.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,304
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Bingo.

Which makes him a much bigger threat in a general election, than many people give him credit for.
    It might. The hard thing to decipher is just how much of the GOP electorate stays home/votes third party if Trump is the nominee. I don't think anybody really knows. There's a real possibility that a very large chunk just sits it out or votes Romney/whoever.

The best thing for Trump would be Sanders winning the nomination, because the GOP would have to vote for him then. If it's Hillary I think a lot of people stay home.
    Most Trump v. Sanders polls have Feel the Bern winning
    If it happens and Sanders gets his ass handed to him, will you admit those who believed like you were dumbfucks?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Bingo.

If it happens and Sanders gets his ass handed to him, will you admit those who believed like you were dumbfucks?
    If it happens and Trump gets dumpstered by the Bern, will you finally kill yourself?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

dnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Bingo.

If it happens and Trump gets dumpstered by the Bern, will you finally kill yourself?
    It'll sure limit the ways for someone to kill themselves. After Bernie's tax plan gets introduced, few people will be able to afford guns, bullets, gas, matches, rope, pills, or electricity. I guess he could walk up multiple stories of a nearby office/apartment building and through himself off.