Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

52% of Americans can't raise $400 in an emergency

13»

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

I can't wait for Hillary to continue Obamas policies!

The economic illiteracy of Bernie supporters once again rears it's ugly head. Please tell us, what exactly is Bernie going to do to curb America's insatiable appetite for consumption?
    76% reported spending either less than their income or equal to their income. Of course you didn't read that because you didn't read the report. You just jumped to your own idiotic conclusions because that's what idiots do.
    So you're saying America doesn't have an over-consumption problem?

FYI, spending anywhere close to equal to your income is spending way outside your means.
    Our? economy is structured towards mass consumption. If the poors aren't buying more than they can afford the economy will literally not grow, and the banks won't be able to justify their leverage.
    Exactly. But we (we?) can just blame Bush and Obama for not knowing how to manage our (our?) money for us. People forget that the everyday dumbfucks had just as much to do with the recession as wall street and the dumbfucks we elect to keep up the charade.
    Way too many idiots making $30K a year thought they were prime candidates for a mortgage on a $400K house. Yeah, fuck the lenders and investment bankers who created the incentive to approve such a loan in the first place, but Jesus Christ, how hard is it to figure out that if you're spending 80% of your income on your mortgage, you're going to be insolvent in no time?
    Not if you go migrant style and rent out all the bedrooms and wall space to nail up a sleeping bag.
    Sign of the times when the only way a lot of people can afford Seattle is to rent out spare bedrooms?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    grasshopper v ant

I got the grasshoppers in this one
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The economic illiteracy of Bernie supporters once again rears it's ugly head. Please tell us, what exactly is Bernie going to do to curb America's insatiable appetite for consumption?
    We haven't had economic literacy in America since Blowjob Bill was in office.

That's not snark. It's a salutation.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

We haven't had economic literacy in America since Blowjob Bill was in office.

That's not snark. It's a salutation.
    I'm hearing #setmyenergyprices doog weigh in is always enlightening.

Or not. as always, dont twist.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2016
    PurpleJ said:

Maybe someone can explain how percentages work to Bill. It looks to me like the downturn in private savings matches up perfectly with the adult life of the Baby Boom generation.

J, can you explain why saving went up since 2009?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,258
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

I can't wait for Bernie to make us wish for the relative salad Days of Obamas Presidency.
    Obama wants Bernie to toss his salad
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

Maybe someone can explain how percentages work to Bill. It looks to me like the downturn in private savings matches up perfectly with the adult life of the Baby Boom generation.

J, can you explain why saving went up since 2009?
    @thechatch made all his money.