Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Former 4 star AF General says carpet bombing runs counter to the ethics of the military

2»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,807
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Yeah and we didn't use napalm in Iraq....

Wwooosssshhhh
    2001 could you put some ear plugs in that air movement is annoying.

War has collateral damage. If you want to win you kill the enemy until he no longer wishes to fight. When we do that we win wars when we fuck around winning hearts and minds we get bogged down in quagmires where the politicians decide on who we can kill. I'm not saying there should be excessive collateral damage but it can not be avoided especially in the middle east. Those bastards use civilians as shields and place AA, artillery etc. in schools and Masques. They endanger civilians on purpose as they know our morals will help protect them.
    The most effective way to breed terrorists is to kill innocents and confirm the jihadists' message that America is the enemy. It's the exact reason ISIS is as strong as it is today.

I don't know why I'm responding to you though, you're a fucking idiot.
    One fucking idiot to another: Obama helped create ISIS and we have armed them. At least I'm not a clueless fucking idiot!

Odd seems we accidentally killed 250,000 allied civilians in WWII and the allies didn't support the Nazi's........
    You're actually not far off. Letting al-Maliki run roughshed with his anti-Sunni campaigns following our departure from Iraq is almost entirely responsible for the rise of ISIS. But killing civilians for the last 15 years has allowed what would be an inconsequential group of 1000 fanatics and former Sadam loyalists to balloon into the 100,000+ fighters that we have today. And that applies to the Taliban, al-Qaeda, and other Islamic groups across the globe.

The turban-headed fucks that are occupying and oppressing your village all of a sudden look like the good guys when your brother is split in two by a missile with "Courtesy of America" stamped on the side. It's really not hard to see how extremism is breeding as fast as it is.
    I don't entirely disagree but what we first have to do is recognize the jihadist's are fighting a religious war. Our side doesn't seem to want to admit that fact. They hate us because we are not muslims in their mold. They've been waging that war for centuries. The crusades kept them quiet for a long time but that memory has faded and now they think with the money we have given them for oil it's time to go on the attack again. They have been very patient. The there's the whole suni shia mess.........
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh

War has collateral damage. If you want to win you kill the enemy until he no longer wishes to fight. When we do that we win wars when we fuck around winning hearts and minds we get bogged down in quagmires where the politicians decide on who we can kill. I'm not saying there should be excessive collateral damage but it can not be avoided especially in the middle east. Those bastards use civilians as shields and place AA, artillery etc. in schools and Masques. They endanger civilians on purpose as they know our morals will help protect them.
    The most effective way to breed terrorists is to kill innocents and confirm the jihadists' message that America is the enemy. It's the exact reason ISIS is as strong as it is today.

One fucking idiot to another: Obama helped create ISIS and we have armed them. At least I'm not a clueless fucking idiot!

Odd seems we accidentally killed 250,000 allied civilians in WWII and the allies didn't support the Nazi's........
    Disagree
  • Options
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh

Disagree
    Well that's an informative statement.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh

Disagree
    Well that's an informative statement.
    Are you new here?
  • Options
    Been here over a year. But on the football side. Just dropped into Tug to see what it's about.