Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Former 4 star AF General says carpet bombing runs counter to the ethics of the military

GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
We all know Ted Cruz is a blood thirsty nutjob. How can anyone support a candidate whose foreign policy involves a strategy that would kill 30 civilians for every one terrorist it eliminates? Michael Hayden even alludes to the Air Force defying an order from the Commander-in-Chief should a hypothetical President Cruz give such a command.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/02/27/exp-gps-hayden-web-extra-cruz.cnn

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The burnt corpses of Dresden, Tokyo and myself enjoyed this post
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,809
    Yeah and we didn't use napalm in Iraq....
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They're all terrorists. HTH.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Last I checked that was on the 40s, hth.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    *in.

Fucking auto correct strikes again!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh
    2001 could you put some ear plugs in that air movement is annoying.

War has collateral damage. If you want to win you kill the enemy until he no longer wishes to fight. When we do that we win wars when we fuck around winning hearts and minds we get bogged down in quagmires where the politicians decide on who we can kill. I'm not saying there should be excessive collateral damage but it can not be avoided especially in the middle east. Those bastards use civilians as shields and place AA, artillery etc. in schools and Masques. They endanger civilians on purpose as they know our morals will help protect them.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh

War has collateral damage. If you want to win you kill the enemy until he no longer wishes to fight. When we do that we win wars when we fuck around winning hearts and minds we get bogged down in quagmires where the politicians decide on who we can kill. I'm not saying there should be excessive collateral damage but it can not be avoided especially in the middle east. Those bastards use civilians as shields and place AA, artillery etc. in schools and Masques. They endanger civilians on purpose as they know our morals will help protect them.
    The most effective way to breed terrorists is to kill innocents and confirm the jihadists' message that America is the enemy. It's the exact reason ISIS is as strong as it is today.

I don't know why I'm responding to you though, you're a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh

The most effective way to breed terrorists is to kill innocents and confirm the jihadists' message that America is the enemy. It's the exact reason ISIS is as strong as it is today.

Sounds like we need a kinder, gentler way of obliterating our enemies.

But ahem.... pssst.... That Genies is out of the bottle and she aint goin back in. Jihadists hate. That's what they do. We could give them what they wanted and they still would act towards the elimination of America and Western culture.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh

Your talking about Obama's drone kills?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So the Germans and Japs got the message that you either stop or you die. And they are allies today.

ISIS is as strong as it is today because the world let them. It is a movement based on a religious fever that isn't going away if we play nice. The last time Europe ignored the movement of Islam they were fighting them in Spain and the Baltics

If we don't want total war, that's fine. Forget about the half ass war and sit here in Fortress America and wait for the barbarians to reach the gate.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

So the Germans and Japs got the message that you either stop or you die. And they are allies today.

ISIS is as strong as it is today because the world let them. It is a movement based on a religious fever that isn't going away if we play nice. The last time Europe ignored the movement of Islam they were fighting them in Spain and the Baltics

If we don't want total war, that's fine. Forget about the half ass war and sit here in Fortress America and wait for the barbarians to reach the gate.

ROFL
  • Options

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh

One fucking idiot to another: Obama helped create ISIS and we have armed them. At least I'm not a clueless fucking idiot!

Odd seems we accidentally killed 250,000 allied civilians in WWII and the allies didn't support the Nazi's........
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Yeah it helps when you actually rebuild the countries you destroy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah it helps when you actually rebuild the countries you destroy.
    You have to pacify them and then stay there to do so. You can't cut and run with the job half done
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh

One fucking idiot to another: Obama helped create ISIS and we have armed them. At least I'm not a clueless fucking idiot!

Odd seems we accidentally killed 250,000 allied civilians in WWII and the allies didn't support the Nazi's........
    You're actually not far off. Letting al-Maliki run roughshed with his anti-Sunni campaigns following our departure from Iraq is almost entirely responsible for the rise of ISIS. But killing civilians for the last 15 years has allowed what would be an inconsequential group of 1000 fanatics and former Sadam loyalists to balloon into the 100,000+ fighters that we have today. And that applies to the Taliban, al-Qaeda, and other Islamic groups across the globe.

The turban-headed fucks that are occupying and oppressing your village all of a sudden look like the good guys when your brother is split in two by a missile with "Courtesy of America" stamped on the side. It's really not hard to see how extremism is breeding as fast as it is.