Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ESPN just reported...

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955
    dnc said:

I know once he won championships, it wouldn't really matter, but coaching at Texas is a different beast. You think Saban could handle five hours of media on Monday?

Saban could win at any big program, but I can't see him enjoying coaching at Texas with all that comes with it. I guess 9 or 10 million could change that, and I am sure Texas would make some concessions to Saban, but I don't see him going to Texas.

Yikes man. Coaching at Bama is much TUFFer than coaching at Tejas.

Bama would have fired Mack Brown years ago.

This. I'll say it again. If you can coach in Bama, you can coach anywhere.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited September 2013
    Yep. The SEC is the pressure cooker conference.

Alabama is the most intense. Texas would actually be a good gig. Austin is a way better town and you don't have to win a championship every five years to keep from getting fired. Hell, losing to Auburn three in a row will get you canned if there's not a national championship laced in. Really.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I know once he won championships, it wouldn't really matter, but coaching at Texas is a different beast. You think Saban could handle five hours of media on Monday?

Saban could win at any big program, but I can't see him enjoying coaching at Texas with all that comes with it. I guess 9 or 10 million could change that, and I am sure Texas would make some concessions to Saban, but I don't see him going to Texas.

i'm not disputing your poast ... really i'm not.

what do you mean by "all that comes with it."? I would think Bamers is twice the pressure cooker to win as compared to Tejas ese. seriously man ... if you can coach at Alabama, you can coach any fucking where. fuck I think there's more pressure at LSU.

seriously. but for an anomalous blip otherwise known as the 2005 Texas Vince Youngs, they've been a back burner program for-ever, with the Holiday being a good year for them typically. fuck I'm old enough to remember the 1990 season and how fucking annoyingly enthusiastic they and everyone else were that Texas "is back" with Peter Gardere, the Cash twins and Stanley Richard, and they played Erickson's two loss Miami team in the Cotton and, despite an underachieving Miami handing them 220+ yards in taunting and personal foul penalties (giving birth to the Miami Rule), the short horns got absolutely plungered. I remember thinking, "why in the fuck does everyone act like these fuckers are a perennial?" They've had some good seasons, but to me they're a lot like Michigan ... big and rich enough, with enough old tradition, to always be able to recruit and compete, but they're very rarely going to get it done in a big way. their history is dusty and 2005 was out of nowhere and now they've reverted back to their mean. they're not "down", they're Texas.
    Nice post. I think Saban would do great at Texas. He would do great at any big program because he is a fantastic coach. I just wonder if he would be willing to do a five hour show every Monday for the Longhorn Network. I can't find the article, but I once read a very good piece about all the bullshit that comes with coaching Texas. I am sure Alabama has some of the same pressures.

As far as pressure to win... Saban has built up a lot of goodwill at Alabama. Even if he started going 9-3 (he won't), he would have a lot of support based on his past work. If Texas gave him 9-10 mil, the pressure would be huge, and imo greater than it is at Alabama.

At some point, Saban is going to move on from Alabama. He has said that it is frustrating that the wins are not even satisfying, they are what is expected. I think it is more likely he goes back to the NFL at some point, but the more I think of it, I don't think it is batshit crazy that he would go to Texas.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

i'm not disputing your poast ... really i'm not.

what do you mean by "all that comes with it."? I would think Bamers is twice the pressure cooker to win as compared to Tejas ese. seriously man ... if you can coach at Alabama, you can coach any fucking where. fuck I think there's more pressure at LSU.

seriously. but for an anomalous blip otherwise known as the 2005 Texas Vince Youngs, they've been a back burner program for-ever, with the Holiday being a good year for them typically. fuck I'm old enough to remember the 1990 season and how fucking annoyingly enthusiastic they and everyone else were that Texas "is back" with Peter Gardere, the Cash twins and Stanley Richard, and they played Erickson's two loss Miami team in the Cotton and, despite an underachieving Miami handing them 220+ yards in taunting and personal foul penalties (giving birth to the Miami Rule), the short horns got absolutely plungered. I remember thinking, "why in the fuck does everyone act like these fuckers are a perennial?" They've had some good seasons, but to me they're a lot like Michigan ... big and rich enough, with enough old tradition, to always be able to recruit and compete, but they're very rarely going to get it done in a big way. their history is dusty and 2005 was out of nowhere and now they've reverted back to their mean. they're not "down", they're Texas.
    Nice post. I think Saban would do great at Texas. He would do great at any big program because he is a fantastic coach. I just wonder if he would be willing to do a five hour show every Monday for the Longhorn Network. I can't find the article, but I once read a very good piece about all the bullshit that comes with coaching Texas. I am sure Alabama has some of the same pressures.

As far as pressure to win... Saban has built up a lot of goodwill at Alabama. Even if he started going 9-3 (he won't), he would have a lot of support based on his past work. If Texas gave him 9-10 mil, the pressure would be huge, and imo greater than it is at Alabama.

At some point, Saban is going to move on from Alabama. He has said that it is frustrating that the wins are not even satisfying, they are what is expected. I think it is more likely he goes back to the NFL at some point, but the more I think of it, I don't think it is batshit crazy that he would go to Texas.

#HiKim