Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ESPN just reported...

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club
Last January, University of Texas regents contacted Nick Saban's agent about becoming head coach of the Longhorns.

Note to Scott Woodward: The report did not say that the regents reached out to Doug Nussmeier.

Comments

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Saban had a contract!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club
    What's the over/under for Emmert calling that type of compensation "grossly inappropriate"?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club

Fuck Texas. Their greed set off the dominos that put Nebraska, aTm, West Virginny, Misery, and 20 other teams to the wrongconferences. Plus Its Texas And all Texans are really f****** annoying. I hope he turns them down (again).

Why do you hate ambition?
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

What's the over/under for Emmert calling that type of compensation "grossly inappropriate"?

The O/U is 5.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Texas' hubris will be their undoing.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Fuck Texas. Their greed set off the dominos that put Nebraska, aTm, West Virginny, Misery, and 20 other teams to the wrongconferences. Plus Its Texas And all Texans are really f****** annoying. I hope he turns them down (again).

Misguided ambition is always special.

Going from Alabama to Texas is a downgrade.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club

I just wanna punish the rich
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Did they then reach out to Sark? I'm betting they did.

Did they then reach out to Sark? I'm betting they did.

I am hearing he rebuffed them
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    "We're Texas. We're better than Alabama. Come here and you'll be King"

They refuse to listen to their fans who post "No way Saban comes here -Peace Out bros just cheer the team on!"
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I know once he won championships, it wouldn't really matter, but coaching at Texas is a different beast. You think Saban could handle five hours of media on Monday?

Saban could win at any big program, but I can't see him enjoying coaching at Texas with all that comes with it. I guess 9 or 10 million could change that, and I am sure Texas would make some concessions to Saban, but I don't see him going to Texas.
  • I know once he won championships, it wouldn't really matter, but coaching at Texas is a different beast. You think Saban could handle five hours of media on Monday?

Saban could win at any big program, but I can't see him enjoying coaching at Texas with all that comes with it. I guess 9 or 10 million could change that, and I am sure Texas would make some concessions to Saban, but I don't see him going to Texas.

The second they offer him 9 to 10 million, Bama will offer him 9.5 to 10.5 million to keep him. I don't see Saban going to Texas.

Looking at how shitty the Eagles appear since that first half on MNF vs a terrible team I think Chip Kelly will end up at Texas.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

I know once he won championships, it wouldn't really matter, but coaching at Texas is a different beast. You think Saban could handle five hours of media on Monday?

The second they offer him 9 to 10 million, Bama will offer him 9.5 to 10.5 million to keep him. I don't see Saban going to Texas.

Looking at how shitty the Eagles appear since that first half on MNF vs a terrible team I think Chip Kelly will end up at Texas.
    Terrible team? The Chiefs? You must not watch sports center. I watched it last night and found out the chiefs are going to challenge the broncos and are a very good team.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955
    edited September 2013

i'm not disputing your poast ... really i'm not.

what do you mean by "all that comes with it."? I would think Bamers is twice the pressure cooker to win as compared to Tejas ese. seriously man ... if you can coach at Alabama, you can coach any fucking where. fuck I think there's more pressure at LSU.

seriously. but for an anomalous blip otherwise known as the 2005 Texas Vince Youngs, they've been a back burner program for-ever, with the Holiday being a good year for them typically. fuck I'm old enough to remember the 1990 season and how fucking annoyingly enthusiastic they and everyone else were that Texas "is back" with Peter Gardere, the Cash twins and Stanley Richard, and they played Erickson's two loss Miami team in the Cotton and, despite an underachieving Miami handing them 220+ yards in taunting and personal foul penalties (giving birth to the Miami Rule), the short horns got absolutely plungered. I remember thinking, "why in the fuck does everyone act like these fuckers are a perennial?" They've had some good seasons, but to me they're a lot like Michigan ... big and rich enough, with enough old tradition, to always be able to recruit and compete, but they're very rarely going to get it done in a big way. their history is dusty and 2005 was out of nowhere and now they've reverted back to their mean. they're not "down", they're Texas.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Terrible team? The Chiefs? You must not watch sports center. I watched it last night and found out the chiefs are going to challenge the broncos and are a very good team.
    The Eagles did not play the Chiefs on MNF.

CHRIST
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

i'm not disputing your poast ... really i'm not.

what do you mean by "all that comes with it."? I would think Bamers is twice the pressure cooker to win as compared to Tejas ese. seriously man ... if you can coach at Alabama, you can coach any fucking where. fuck I think there's more pressure at LSU.

seriously. but for an anomalous blip otherwise known as the 2005 Texas Vince Youngs, they've been a back burner program for-ever, with the Holiday being a good year for them typically. fuck I'm old enough to remember the 1990 season and how fucking annoyingly enthusiastic they and everyone else were that Texas "is back" with Peter Gardere, the Cash twins and Stanley Richard, and they played Erickson's two loss Miami team in the Cotton and, despite an underachieving Miami handing them 220+ yards in taunting and personal foul penalties (giving birth to the Miami Rule), the short horns got absolutely plungered. I remember thinking, "why in the fuck does everyone act like these fuckers are a perennial?" They've had some good seasons, but to me they're a lot like Michigan ... big and rich enough, with enough old tradition, to always be able to recruit and compete, but they're very rarely going to get it done in a big way. their history is dusty and 2005 was out of nowhere and now they've reverted back to their mean. they're not "down", they're Texas.
    Nice post creepy. I remember that shite too. Wasn't that long ago
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 761
    There is no way Saban leaves for Texas and I doubt Texas is more of a pressure cooker than AL. I mean, look how Chizik got canned 2 yrs after winning an NC.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Yikes man. Coaching at Bama is much TUFFer than coaching at Tejas.

Bama would have fired Mack Brown years ago.