Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Danny O'NEIL and Dave Wyman on Romar

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ^ missed on in mid to late 80s and 90's, not just 90s
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I don't understand why some of you keep writing these long ass winded poasts about our offseason natty. There is nothing left to discuss.

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't understand why some of you keep writing these long ass winded poasts about how shitty of a coach Romar is. There is nothing left to discuss.

cheaper than therapy
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I don't understand why some of you keep writing these long ass winded poasts about how shitty of a coach Romar is. There is nothing left to discuss.

cheaper than therapy
    That's why I post here.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Only at UW can an argument be made that someone should keep their job because "he's a nice guy." If it were any other school saying this I'd be laughing maniacally at how stupid it sounded. Any argument to defend Romar is so far removed from any reasonable, logical frame of reference it is borderline unconscionable.

"Oh but UW sucked before Romar got there"

1. A precedent of mediocrity is no reason to keep a coach who sustains said mediocrity around. This is stupid.

2. Let's not forget that Romar's tenure has coincided with Seattle's rise as ONE OF THE BEST H.S. TALENT POOLS IN THE NATION. Fuck o' dear. Pitino with the talent UW had the last 13+ years would have multiple final fours. Imagine Lute. Or even Sean Miller.

I don't even have the heart to address the other pro-RomarFS arguments. I can feel my IQ dropping even thinking about it.

I never blame the kids for going to Kentucky Arizona Stanford Gonzaga the NBA.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Only at UW can an argument be made that someone should keep their job because "he's a nice guy." If it were any other school saying this I'd be laughing maniacally at how stupid it sounded. Any argument to defend Romar is so far removed from any reasonable, logical frame of reference it is borderline unconscionable.

"Oh but UW sucked before Romar got there"

1. A precedent of mediocrity is no reason to keep a coach who sustains said mediocrity around. This is stupid.

2. Let's not forget that Romar's tenure has coincided with Seattle's rise as ONE OF THE BEST H.S. TALENT POOLS IN THE NATION. Fuck o' dear. Pitino with the talent UW had the last 13+ years would have multiple final fours. Imagine Lute. Or even Sean Miller.

I don't even have the heart to address the other pro-RomarFS arguments. I can feel my IQ dropping even thinking about it.

Are you suggesting Romar's had more talent than Sean Miller? Totally disagree.

And the rise of the HS talent pool happened years before Romar, that was the great shame of the Bender era (and even before). We(!) lost HS blue chipper after HS blue chipper to out of state schools. Romar's done some nice things to keep some of them home, but he's missed on a lot of guys too.

Here's some of the in state guys we missed on in the 90s, either by failure of talent identification or talent procurement:

Mark Hendrickson
    Kevin Burleson
    Doug Christie
    KJ Roberts
    Quin Snyder
    Jamal Crawford
    Jason Terry
    Donny Marshall
    O'mma Givens
    Luke Ridnour
    Mike Dickerson

I'm sure there's plenty of others I'm forgetting.

The point is there was a brief significant rise in high profile in state recruits at the beginning of Romar's tenure say 03-06 (Brooks, Stewart Twins, Marvin Williams, the ridiculous 05 class with Brockman, Marcus and Terrence Williams, Webster, Downs Syndrome, etc, and then Hawes the next year), but other than that four year crest in state talent Romar era in state talent hasn't been any better than the 10 or 15 years before Romar.

This is not to say hasn't been a failure, so don't twist. Just saying Washington state has been consistently producing talent since the late 80's at least.
    Fuck you, you Blair Rasmussen hating son of a bitch.