Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Azeem Victor Sophomore Breakout Player

Comments

• MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    edited February 2016
    Narrowed it down to a few candidates. Some of you guys had good choices.

Jeff Lindquist, KJ Carta Samuels, Sean McGrew
    Nik Little, Drew Sample, Will Dissly, Jason Scrempos,BBK
    Tevis Bartlett, Matt James, Greg Gaines, Joe Jarzynka, Jesse Sosebee, Luke Twattenburg, Trey Adams, Shane Bowman, Kaleb McGary, Sean Constantine, Jake Eldrenkamp, Henry Roberts, Bryce Sterk and J Kizer
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club

Fuck that. Dabone argued with me fervently over that point. He was your leader back then too. I brought that point here. Got me banned from dman

Billy, Sark had Locker, Polk, Kearse, Aguilar and a decent defense. PETE had Cyrus and 4 good defenders. Debate over, no argument, not close. Oh, Sark had 2 starting NFL linebackers too

No

The '09 team might have maxed out at 7 wins with a great coach. That's it though.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam

How about breakout seniors? $arks guys. The guys you guys jizzed all over when your favorite HC signed them. I was only one on Dman then here that bashed Sark and his recruiting from day 1. My very popular talking point then was that Sarks 09 team was better than what Pete inhereted. Every single one of you lilyfeet bashed that notion. Every one except Fire Marshall perhaps.

Everyone, including 99% here said "no way, sark took over an 0-12 team (an obvious 5- 6 win team with a head coach...just ask les miles, he said such, and a few plays from beating lsu)

Being you guys are such Sark lovers, which of his, and your seniors, are going to break out? Oh wait, there's only a couple left. But who is it? DD?, Kevvy King?

Insert poll here..hee hee

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Fuck that. Dabone argued with me fervently over that point. He was your leader back then too. I brought that point here. Got me banned from dman

Billy, Sark had Locker, Polk, Kearse, Aguilar and a decent defense. PETE had Cyrus and 4 good defenders. Debate over, no argument, not close. Oh, Sark had 2 starting NFL linebackers too

No

The '09 team might have maxed out at 7 wins with a great coach. That's it though.
    LSU was beatable. ND game against a team spiraling in rebellion against Weis was winnable. @ ASU certainly winnable. UCLA was easily winnable (took a huge chokejob to lose it).

No.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    H_D said:

McGary; not close. His ceiling is through the Ruth.

With McGary and Adams at the two tackle positions, the sky is the limit. I can't quite put my finger on it, but they both seem to have that "it" factor. They are both real cerebral, lunch-pail, natural born leaders.
    McGary isnt as athletic as I thought he'd be.. Burleson would be an awesome right tackle. Stephan Nembot with a quick 1st step
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

No

LSU was beatable. ND game against a team spiraling in rebellion against Weis was winnable. @ ASU certainly winnable. UCLA was easily winnable (took a huge chokejob to lose it).

No.
    So they should have been 9-3?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    If you really think the '09 team had more talent that Petersen's first team, you are a fucking idiot. Talia Crichton as a true freshman started on that team. Greg Christine and Nick Wood started on the OL. Nate Fellner started as a true freshman. Joshua Gage started some games. Quentin Richardson. Adam Long... These guys were actually starting games.

The team had some talent and a big upgrade at QB. The '09 team could have won a few more games, but that team had some glaring holes.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Roadie started the thread on redshirt freshman. I will start it for breakout sophomore. Who will be the guy that goes from relative obscurity as a freshman to solid player/honorable mention as a sophomore. Pick a RS soph or true sophomore.

My candidates are below, but all these guys had a bigger role than Azeem did as a freshman.

Vita Vea
    Jaylen Johnson
    Jojo Mcintosh- my best guess given the criteria
    Tevis Bartlett
    Kaleb McGary
    Jesse Sosebee
    Isaiah Renfro (hope it is him)

#mytevis the guy has a massive wingspan.

However, Jaylen and Vita are bigger needs for this program next year.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    Deontae Cooper
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    PurpleJ said:

Deontae Cooper

Isn't he in a PhD program now?
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,311

PurpleJ said:

Deontae Cooper

Isn't he in a PhD program now?
    09 team much better. I dont even need to list Sarks starting dead weight he left Petersen Road you bumbling fucking fool. John Timu, Evan hudson, kevvy king (horrible safety), Walker, the entire WR, QB depth ...oh, THE ENTIRE offensive line. Check the offensive stat comparison while youre at it.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

09 team much better. I dont even need to list Sarks starting dead weight he left Petersen Road you bumbling fucking fool. John Timu, Evan hudson, kevvy king (horrible safety), Walker, the entire WR, QB depth ...oh, THE ENTIRE offensive line. Check the offensive stat comparison while youre at it.

So an NFL linebacker (Timu), an honorable mention all pac corner (king was robbed, he was 2nd team at least), an NFL receiver (kasen) with a physical beast (String) and the most explosive playmaker (ross) at wideout.

I'll give you QBs (if troy Williams blows up that gets altered) and OL (though Hatchie was talented enough to get NFL snaps).

Petersen was handed a roster built to win now and he made some tough decisions and planned for the future instead. He still dropped at least 2 games because of Gameday coaching and not talent. That's a fact Jack!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,260 Standard Supporter
    Muttzen said:

Narrowed it down to a few candidates. Some of you guys had good choices.

Jeff Lindquist, KJ Carta Samuels, Sean McGrew
    Nik Little, Drew Sample, Will Dissly, Jason Scrempos,BBK
    Tevis Bartlett, Matt James, Greg Gaines, Joe Jarzynka, Jesse Sosebee, Luke Twattenburg, Trey Adams, Shane Bowman, Kaleb McGary, Sean Constantine, Jake Eldrenkamp, Henry Roberts, Bryce Sterk and J Kizer

Muttzen,

Some have already kind of broken out such and played a respectable amount with good production like Adams, Mcgary and BBK. Some of the list aren't Sophs. Gaines definitely broke out already. I think as a soph "Gregzilla" will make a statement!
    Timu is not a starting nfl backer. He'll be out of league in a year or 2
    Gladstone said:

No

No.
    I don't remember UCLA or ASU. They got the benefit of a really questionable call in the Arizona game. LSU is a big stretch....and I don't like the grade inflated SEC as all know. They probably should have beaten ND.

It was never an 8-4 or 9-3 team that was the victim of this or that.

6-6...maybe 7-5 with a very elite coach

Gladstone said:

No

No.
    I don't remember UCLA or ASU. They got the benefit of a really questionable call in the Arizona game. LSU is a big stretch....and I don't like the grade inflated SEC as all know. They probably should have beaten ND.

Good post Billyboy, but Pete could have parlayed that team to 8-4. Jesus, he won 6 with the worst QB in husky history. Casey Paus was a heisman candidate compared to him. Never in my life have I seen a power-5 QB unable to throw a bubble screen or 10-yard out. He could not get the ball out past the LOS with any velocity. Peyton Manning had more zip on his ball in the superbowl (if you couldnt see that Peyton is DONE as a QB in that game youre blind) . Cyrus hurt this team in '14. Blame John Smith all you want, his hands were tied with Miley. Get that shit thru your skulls. '09 was a better team at most every position except NG and Buck.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Gladstone said:

No

No.

You said it was a team that "maxed out" at 7 wins. With SarkFS they won 5, 4 others were quite winnable. With coaching and some luck, it stands to reason they could have won 9. I don't care enough to continue to debate this one way or the other