Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Azeem Victor Sophomore Breakout Player

Roadie started the thread on redshirt freshman. I will start it for breakout sophomore. Who will be the guy that goes from relative obscurity as a freshman to solid player/honorable mention as a sophomore. Pick a RS soph or true sophomore.

My candidates are below, but all these guys had a bigger role than Azeem did as a freshman.

Vita Vea
Jaylen Johnson
Jojo Mcintosh- my best guess given the criteria
Tevis Bartlett
Kaleb McGary
Jesse Sosebee
Isaiah Renfro (hope it is him)

Comments

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    How about breakout seniors? $arks guys. The guys you guys jizzed all over when your favorite HC signed them. I was only one on Dman then here that bashed Sark and his recruiting from day 1. My very popular talking point then was that Sarks 09 team was better than what Pete inhereted. Every single one of you lilyfeet bashed that notion. Every one except Fire Marshall perhaps.

Everyone, including 99% here said "no way, sark took over an 0-12 team (an obvious 5- 6 win team with a head coach...just ask les miles, he said such, and a few plays from beating lsu)

Being you guys are such Sark lovers, which of his, and your seniors, are going to break out? Oh wait, there's only a couple left. But who is it? DD?, Kevvy King?

Insert poll here..hee hee
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    edited February 2016

How about breakout seniors? $arks guys. The guys you guys jizzed all over when your favorite HC signed them. I was only one on Dman then here that bashed Sark and his recruiting from day 1. My very popular talking point then was that Sarks 09 team was better than what Pete inhereted. Every single one of you lilyfeet bashed that notion. Every one except Fire Marshall perhaps.

Everyone, including 99% here said "no way, sark took over an 0-12 team (an obvious 5- 6 win team with a head coach...just ask les miles, he said such, and a few plays from beating lsu)

Being you guys are such Sark lovers, which of his, and your seniors, are going to break out? Oh wait, there's only a couple left. But who is it? DD?, Kevvy King?

Insert poll here..hee hee

Dabone said that too. It's close but I don't buy it. I'd have to look back at a roster from over six years ago though. Thinking about it for a couple minutes...might be close to even taking into account youth.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited February 2016
    Fuck that. Dabone argued with me fervently over that point. He was your leader back then too. I brought that point here. Got me banned from dman

Billy, Sark had Locker, Polk, Kearse, Aguilar and a decent defense. PETE had Cyrus and 4 good defenders. Debate over, no argument, not close. Oh, Sark had 2 starting NFL linebackers too
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    Nice hijack, asshole.

Back to the topic, I'll go with @HeretoBeatmyChest's top 2, Vea and Johnson.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    I hope #myjaylen balls so hard this year. He reminds me of Cameron Wake a lil bit
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    I'm on record with my guy being Dotson.

Under @HeretoBeatmyChest criteria, I'd say Jordan Miller. Again, highly accomplished in HS but suffering from hollow chest syndrome. Needed a couple of years with Socha. We need corner depth in '16, I think this is your guy after Gardenhire and King.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    We also HOPE and CARE about Renfro. We need help A$AP
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam

We also HOPE and CARE about Renfro. We need help A$AP

I will never not laugh at this meme
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Break out sophomores, Adams, Gaskin, Browning, Renfro, Dotson, Manu, Bartlett, Manu, BBK, Pounds, Sterk, Potato, McCoy....fuck it the whole god dam sophomore class redshirt or true! GO HUSKIES! BEAT OREGON!