Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Hoops

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TSIO officially if we lose to Stanford/WSU/OSU.

Win those 3 games and you might survive a loss to Oregon as long as you go deep in the P12 tourney.

You're probably right, TSIO.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    When's rowing season?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The season's over ... you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise ...

They could black out and back their way in ... but this team has entered the part of the year where grown man hoops gets played and the little boys playing rat ball get punched in the mouth.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

They could black out and back their way in ... but this team has entered the part of the year where grown man hoops gets played and the little boys playing rat ball get punched in the mouth.

I'd say rat ball does pretty well until say, the sweet 16?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I'd say rat ball does pretty well until say, the sweet 16 February?
    Fixed that for you
  • Options
    Actually the Sweet 16 is in March.
  • Options

And when is the last time Romar made it to the NCAAs?

Just sayin'
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

And when is the last time Romar made it to the NCAAs?

Just sayin'
    Aaannnd the Seattle media is immediately defending Romar. Is it because he is such a likable guy? Is it because he is black?

Danny O'Neil ‏@dannyoneil 7h7 hours ago
    Danny O'Neil Retweeted Travis
    Didn't Lorenzo take the #Huskies to six tourney appearances in eight seasons? Were you disappointed in that? Danny O'Neil added,
    Travis @Trav_82
    "Sucked before, so it's okay to toil in mediocrity now, but just wait til next year." Repeat every Feb. and March.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

And when is the last time we had a good team until February?

Just sayin'
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    I do see the majority of responses on social media to be lambasting Romar, with the odd "too many Romar haters" post out there.

We can only hope for a scandal in which Romar is directly the culprit, because Cohen isn't going to fire him
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    WHERE ARE ALL THE ROMAR HATERZ NOW!!!!
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

I do see the majority of responses on social media to be lambasting Romar, with the odd "too many Romar haters" post out there.

We can only hope for a scandal in which Romar is directly the culprit, because Cohen isn't going to fire him

THIS.

Anyone that thinks a white woman is gonna fire a black head coach is FS.

It would take a scandal.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's downright embarrassing in the age of coaches being on the hot seat for sucking for a couple years that UW isn't willing to can a coach who can't make a 68 team fucking tourney for the 5th straight year. Not to mention the fact that he has run his own program into the ground and still has the same moronic faults that everyone who has an ounce of basketball knowledge could see even when they were winning. What more does anyone need to see?

I don't care what anyone says. If romar was white he would have been fired 2 years ago. But everyone is scared shitless that somehow firing romar will drive all recruits away. I'm not sure if anyone noticed but almost everyone romar recruited the last few years left the team while he was still here. If the season nose dive continues I will be very concerned that a few more players will go to the nba or transfer regardless of whether romar is retained. Romar has been the central point of a whole lot of teams which cancerous cores. I thought this team was different but having a lot of losses can change things in a hurry.

The players that are here are not all going to just pull up roots and leave if romar is fired. The people who scare you with that shit just don't follow how transfers work. They aren't going to go somewhere to redshirt when they look around at the talent. It's also saying that we? can't bring in anyone who would actually convince them to stay. Anyone who would leave was probably leaving if romar stays anyhow based on PT or just wanting to get out of the shitshow. We all saw it last year with the mass exodus of players.

• Options

It's downright embarrassing in the age of coaches being on the hot seat for sucking for a couple years that UW isn't willing to can a coach who can't make a 68 team fucking tourney for the 5th straight year. Not to mention the fact that he has run his own program into the ground and still has the same moronic faults that everyone who has an ounce of basketball knowledge could see even when they were winning. What more does anyone need to see?

I don't care what anyone says. If romar was white he would have been fired 2 years ago. But everyone is scared shitless that somehow firing romar will drive all recruits away. I'm not sure if anyone noticed but almost everyone romar recruited the last few years left the team while he was still here. If the season nose dive continues I will be very concerned that a few more players will go to the nba or transfer regardless of whether romar is retained. Romar has been the central point of a whole lot of teams which cancerous cores. I thought this team was different but having a lot of losses can change things in a hurry.

The players that are here are not all going to just pull up roots and leave if romar is fired. The people who scare you with that shit just don't follow how transfers work. They aren't going to go somewhere to redshirt when they look around at the talent. It's also saying that we? can't bring in anyone who would actually convince them to stay. Anyone who would leave was probably leaving if romar stays anyhow based on PT or just wanting to get out of the shitshow. We all saw it last year with the mass exodus of players.

I don't disagree.

But firing Romar now all but guarantees we not only lose Fultz, but Murray and Chriss both go pro for sure.

Maybe they go pro anyways, I don't know.

At this point, encouraging Romar to retire seems like the more realistic route to change.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149

I don't disagree.

But firing Romar now all but guarantees we not only lose Fultz, but Murray and Chriss both go pro for sure.

Maybe they go pro anyways, I don't know.

At this point, encouraging Romar to retire seems like the more realistic route to change.
    I respect you and the choices you make in your life, but I think the "we'll lose Awesome Sauce Recruit X" is straw man. I'm fine sacrificing a guy who is a one and done if it means getting a guy who can take the next step. You'd have to be functionally retarded to fail in recruiting the Seattle area and there's always enough talent here to get into the program and get tourney-eligible.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I gave up on Romar getting fired years ago. It will never happen when he has two more big recruits coming in next year. I'm excited for Murray and Chriss to go pro after the NIT. I look forward to next year's NIT with Fultz and Timmins before they go pro.

I agree, but what good are big time recruits when you have a checked out coach? When Oregon fired Ernie, they had nothing in the coffers, but Altman utilized the senior transfer program and put on a competitive team with almost zero talent.

Basically, a good coaching hire with limited talent puts you in the same spot as you are now with great talent and a useless coach. At least in the first scenario, you can improve.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I gave up on Romar getting fired years ago. It will never happen when he has two more big recruits coming in next year. I'm excited for Murray and Chriss to go pro after the NIT. I look forward to next year's NIT with Fultz and Timmins before they go pro.

I agree, but what good are big time recruits when you have a checked out coach? When Oregon fired Ernie, they had nothing in the coffers, but Altman utilized the senior transfer program and put on a competitive team with almost zero talent.

Basically, a good coaching hire with limited talent puts you in the same spot as you are now with great talent and a useless coach. At least in the first scenario, you can improve.
    I wish we would have fired Romar years ago.