Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beast Mode, Hall of Famer or nah?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yes, signature moments like the Beastquake will overcome the borderline stats
    Who gives a shit?
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No, he doesn't deserve to be in

HuskyInAZ said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

i think of Lynch as kinda being the football equivalent of Sandy Koufax

Koufax is a HOF
    Yes, I know
    I agree, and like, your Koufax comp. Why, then, is Beast not a HOF?
    Koufax was a 7 time all-star, 4 time WS champ, a league MVP, and a 3 time Cy Young award winner back when there was only 1 Cy Young winner for all of MLB. In those 3 years, he led all of MLB in wins, strikeouts and ERA.

Lynch has been a 5 time pro bowler, 1st team All-Pro once, 2nd team All-Pro once and 1 time NFL champ. Never has he led the NFL in rushing yards in a season.

Comparing the 2 is FS. Lynch was one hell of a RB. Koufax was flat out dominant.
    These two runs are as dominant as anything Koufax ever did, so to call the comparison fucking stupid is fucking stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDOBejlx7Us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmelivYV5cc

Put athletes in the HOF based on a couple of runs? You are smarter than that.

It's pretty clear your love for the hawks has taken over any sense of pragmatism. 1 time in his career was he voted as one of the best 2 RBs in the NFL, with 1 SB title. And in the year he was voted all-pro, he was 3rd in the NFL in rushing. Koufax was the best pitcher in the MLB for 3 years (no voting required), and won 4 WS. He led the MLB in ERA 5 years in a row.

Now if Lynch led the NFL in rushing or YPC 5 years in a row, I'd agree with you. But he didn't. Not even close.

Apples and oranges.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He has a ring, was one fucktarded play call from 2
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whlinder said:

His legacy may be determined by what the Hawks are able (or not able) to do without him in the next couple of years.

Look at the 12's 12'vin on this thread.

Considering that the Hawks offense was at an all-time efficiency w/o him THIS YEAR should give you the answer now. Very good back. As powerful as there was. But not enough consistency and was a pain in the ass off of the field.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I think Gayle Sayers is the football Koufax
    Or Sanders. Ten years, retires at the top, possibly the greatest to ever play rb.
    Yeah but Sanders retired somewhat voluntarily (like Lynch). Koufax retired because of his health, which is more comparable to Sayers to me. Koufax is the youngest ever inductee into the baseball HOF, Sayers is the youngest ever inductee into the NFL HOF. But I definitely agree Sanders > Sayers. Either way, Lynch isn't at that level. Sanders, Sayers and Koufax were all surefire hall of famers. Lynch is a guy who may or may not get in.
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Koufax is a HOF
    Yes, I know
    Koufax was a 7 time all-star, 4 time WS champ, a league MVP, and a 3 time Cy Young award winner back when there was only 1 Cy Young winner for all of MLB. In those 3 years, he led all of MLB in wins, strikeouts and ERA.

Lynch has been a 5 time pro bowler, 1st team All-Pro once, 2nd team All-Pro once and 1 time NFL champ. Never has he led the NFL in rushing yards in a season.

Comparing the 2 is FS. Lynch was one hell of a RB. Koufax was flat out dominant.
    These two runs are as dominant as anything Koufax ever did, so to call the comparison fucking stupid is fucking stupid

MIke Cameron hit 4 HR's in a game and sent the 5th one to the warning track. I missed his bust on my last trip to Cooperstown.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    salemcoog said:

whlinder said:

His legacy may be determined by what the Hawks are able (or not able) to do without him in the next couple of years.

Considering that the Hawks offense was at an all-time efficiency w/o him THIS YEAR should give you the answer now. Very good back. As powerful as there was. But not enough consistency and was a pain in the ass off of the field.
    I like to call Redskins fans 12's, that's what I like to do.

Keep up or LEAVE!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lynch was probably too underwhelming in Buffalo to make the Hall of Fame. He was decent, but didn't stand out. It wasn't until 2011 that his career really started taking off.

Sorry for the BleacherReport article/video, but his teammates on the Seahawks expect him to have a change of heart. I think he will play again too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2615851-insider-buzz-seahawks-doubting-lynchs-retirement-some-expect-change-of-heart
  • Options

Lynch was probably too underwhelming in Buffalo to make the Hall of Fame. He was decent, but didn't stand out. It wasn't until 2011 that his career really started taking off.

Sorry for the BleacherReport article/video, but his teammates on the Seahawks expect him to have a change of heart. I think he will play again too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2615851-insider-buzz-seahawks-doubting-lynchs-retirement-some-expect-change-of-heart

It's almost too bad, his retirement tweet was the greatest retirement ever. I want to see him play again, but still.
  • Options
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

whlinder said:

Keep up or LEAVE!
    Riiiiiiiight and Collegedoog voted for Romney.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No, he deserves it but won't get in cause the media full of pussies
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Koufax is a HOF
    Yes, I know

It's pretty clear your love for the hawks has taken over any sense of pragmatism. 1 time in his career was he voted as one of the best 2 RBs in the NFL, with 1 SB title. And in the year he was voted all-pro, he was 3rd in the NFL in rushing. Koufax was the best pitcher in the MLB for 3 years (no voting required), and won 4 WS. He led the MLB in ERA 5 years in a row.

Now if Lynch led the NFL in rushing or YPC 5 years in a row, I'd agree with you. But he didn't. Not even close.

Apples and oranges.
    Do you ever get tired of being such a troublesome, whiny whore. You're a cunt now, you've always been a cunt, and the only thing that's going to change is you're going to become an even bigger cunt.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Koufax is a HOF
    Yes, I know

Apples and oranges.
    Do you ever get tired of being such a troublesome, whiny whore. You're a cunt now, you've always been a cunt, and the only thing that's going to change is you're going to become an even bigger cunt.
    Cool with the name calling. Nice tantrum. Please point out 1 thing in my post that was off base. Equating the career performance of Lynch with Koufax is beyond FS. You clearly don't want to hear it, but tough shit. It's the truth. Now go put your "12s" jersey back on.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

whlinder said:

Keep up or LEAVE!
    Riiiiiiiight and Collegedoog voted for Romney.
    If you can't see @whlinder loves the foreskins and hates the hooks I can't help you.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,338
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Holy shit someone thinks I like the Seahawks. I have failed at life.

I appreciate the Seahawks' defense and their running game, but I can't fucking stand that team and hope they go Owen16 forever.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No, he deserves it but won't get in cause the media full of pussies
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Koufax is a HOF
    Yes, I know

Apples and oranges.
    Cool with the name calling. Nice tantrum. Please point out 1 thing in my post that was off base. Equating the career performance of Lynch with Koufax is beyond FS. You clearly don't want to hear it, but tough shit. It's the truth. Now go put your "12s" jersey back on.
    Huh?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fuck anyone that doesn't want a Marshawn Lynch bust and HOF entrance speech.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ignore him. He doesn't want to be bothered by fans and bullshit like HOF. Pretend he never existed like he wants.
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

You're a cunt now, you've always been a cunt, and the only thing that's going to change is you're going to become an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.