Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's safe to say the Panthers choked

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
They hit every definition of it. It reminded me of the Hawks loss to Pittsburgh. The rookie Rothlisberger had the worst game by a winning QB ever. Manning may have been worse.

Everything that looked so easy for Carolina all year and in the NFC playoffs was there at the Super Bowl. Wide open receivers, running lanes for Cam, and they either over threw it or dropped it or hung on too long to the ball and got sacked.

Yes the Denver defense gets credit because the Carolina offense beat the Denver offense 10-9.

Denver players commented on how strange the Panther players acted. You could seem them tighten up as the game went on. This was a team that was ahead by three touchdowns before the fans were seated.

Cam turned out to be a bad leader and the pouting loser he was his first three years in the league. He can overcome it and bounce back but I suspect this will leave a mark.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

They hit every definition of it. It reminded me of the Hawks loss to Pittsburgh. The rookie Rothlisberger had the worst game by a winning QB ever. Manning may have been worse.

Everything that looked so easy for Carolina all year and in the NFC playoffs was there at the Super Bowl. Wide open receivers, running lanes for Cam, and they either over threw it or dropped it or hung on too long to the ball and got sacked.

Yes the Denver defense gets credit because the Carolina offense beat the Denver offense 10-9.

Denver players commented on how strange the Panther players acted. You could seem them tighten up as the game went on. This was a team that was ahead by three touchdowns before the fans were seated.

Cam turned out to be a bad leader and the pouting loser he was his first three years in the league. He can overcome it and bounce back but I suspect this will leave a mark.

He is who we thought he was.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Most of thought the ride would end in the NFC. When they made the bowl I thought we'd see a blowout win for Cam
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Carolina is the LaMichael James' Girlfriend of the NFL.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    By not diving he was able to kick to his goaline when it came out of the pile
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Cam admitted he didn't dive on the ball in order to avoid potential injury.

As for not diving on the fumble, Cam says he would've had to contort his his leg in a certain angle to do so. ...thereby risking injury

— Joe Person (@josephperson) February 9, 2016

That's the biggest bitch move I've ever seen in a Super Bowl.

Highest scoring offense in the league down by six with four minutes to go in the fucking Super Bowl and the 250 pound QB lets the other team get the ball because he's scared of getting hurt.

I'm a Cam hater and I just thought he quit on it. I couldn't even let myself believe he was that much of a coward.

Holy shit. If I'm a Panther lineman I'm asking to be traded right now. Can't block for a pussy.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Carolina pulled a Denver.
  • Options

Nice job by the Carolina coaching staff too. They have two weeks to prepare for the game and change NOTHING? I guess that one trick play - the intended throw back to Cam when the defender figured it out and grabbed him - was their ace in the hole.

Yeah, you've got shitty WRs so you have Newton drop straight back and throw from the pocket time after time. Gee, nobody open? Go figure. VERY poor job by the Panther coaches, at least on the offensive side. Defense played more than well enough to win. Unless you were an all out Denver fan it was a crappy game all the way around.

Yep total choke job by Carolina's staff. The whole offense looked like they expected to be up by 30 at the half and were shocked when somebody hit them in the mouf.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Cam Newton is one talented bitch
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't think they choked, they just ran into a historic defense playing hot. Carolina was more like a 10-6/11-5 team that lucked into an easy schedule + lots of breaks going their way. The real question is how did Seattle let them get up 31-0 on them.

Because Seattle sucked.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm pretty good at reading body language, and I've come to the conclusion that they just didn't want to be there.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Carolina was a juggernaut at home but a much different team away from home. Their last 3 road games they were an average to slightly above average team.
  • Options

Carolina was a juggernaut at home but a much different team away from home. Their last 3 road games they were an average to slightly above average team.

This is why screwing around for the first half of the season fucked the Hawks. Address the offensive line, start your best five from the beginning of the year and win home field going away this year Carroll.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,073
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Cam admitted he didn't dive on the ball in order to avoid potential injury.

As for not diving on the fumble, Cam says he would've had to contort his his leg in a certain angle to do so. ...thereby risking injury

— Joe Person (@josephperson) February 9, 2016

That's the biggest bitch move I've ever seen in a Super Bowl.

Can you see Montana, Favre or Aikman not going for that ball?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

This is why screwing around for the first half of the season fucked the Hawks. Address the offensive line, start your best five from the beginning of the year and win home field going away this year Carroll.
    Not to be a hook but I really think the 10am start plus the shitty field put them at a greater disadvantage. You can't not discount that when they repeatedly suck in the first half and guys are slipping around at the start of the game.

I thought Carolina would win a very close game and I think it would have been really close without those issues.
  • Options

dnc said:

Not to be a hook but I really think the 10am start plus the shitty field put them at a greater disadvantage. You can't not discount that when they repeatedly suck in the first half and guys are slipping around at the start of the game.

I thought Carolina would win a very close game and I think it would have been really close without those issues.
    That just enhances my point. No 10am start time if the game is in Seattle. Nor a shitty field.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

dnc said:

That just enhances my point. No 10am start time if the game is in Seattle. Nor a shitty field.
    It would have been a whole different game If Falk had played