Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peyton Manning

2»

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

H_D said:

Doogles said:

I love how the motto of the board is "winners win" and then Manning wins and you faggies want to cite stats.

Tip the cap. He was a great leader and his team played hard to get that ring for themselves but also for him.

Chincredibled for "faggies".
    Chincredibled for your Chincredible.
    Chincredibled for chincredibling my chincredible.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sounds like something Sven used to hotlink around here.

#BringBackOurBoobs
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

I love how the motto of the board is "winners win" and then Manning wins and you faggies want to cite stats.

Tip the cap. He was a great leader and his team played hard to get that ring for themselves but also for him.

Which is why that ruse was always a little too simplistic without qualifications. It looks good though when you're suffering through Ty, Sark, and Mora.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2016
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Winners win. A guy with 13 playoff losses isn't a winner, even if he pulled one out today.
    So even when he wins he doesn't? 2 rings is big time. Only person to do it starting for 2 teams.

Listen to the post game interviews. Every single guy on Denver, offense and defense, is talking about how Manning changed their lives with his leadership and approach to the game. Denver does not make the super bowl without him. They are the chiefs at most.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2016
    his legacy will always be tough to figure out. Best regular season QB of all time, that is for certain.
    Postseason, he was pretty underwhelming in both championship years, and there was just way too many playoff games where he was legitimately terrible (SEA, IND, JETS in '02 and '10, SD, NE).
    Despite the 2 superbowls it's just hard to call him anything more than a slightly below average playoff performer.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Winners win. A guy with 13 playoff losses isn't a winner, even if he pulled one out today.
    So even when he wins he doesn't? 2 rings is big time. Only person to do it starting for 2 teams.

Listen to the post game interviews. Every single guy on Denver, offense and defense, is talking about how Manning changed their lives with his leadership and approach to the game. Denver does not make the super bowl without him. They are the chiefs at most.
    I don't hate the guy. I rooted for him in that game. I'm glad he won. I'm also glad he's retiring. I rooted against him in every big game since he was at Temnessee until yesterday and he's rarely disappointed. He's always been a guy who performed best when the lights were dimmest. Yesterday isn't enough to turn him into a winner, especially not as bad as he played. Least yards ever by a super bowl winning offense.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2-2 in the Super Bowl plus his stats puts him in the top tier.
  • Options

2-2 in the Super Bowl plus his stats puts him in the top tier.

Agree he's top tier. You can argue him anywhere from 3 to 5 I would think. I think Brady's the unquestioned #1 unless you put a ton of weight on spygate/deflategate. For me Montana is #2 (or #1 if you ding Brady) and after that you can argue for a few different guys: Manning, Unitas, Elway, maybe a couple others. I'd probably put Manning #3.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bart Starr has 5 rings