Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• So we can beat ASU since they don't take football seriously apparently.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Hello Stanford Graham!! POW you fuck!
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    ASU AD must read Shaggy Bevo where he's getting talk as a possible replacement for Mack Brown.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,841 Swaye's Wigwam
    Did you watch the Wisconsin game? That kind of domination is all the proof you should need that the Devils have God on their side.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    TheHB said:

Did you watch the Wisconsin game? That kind of domination is all the proof you should need that the Devils have God on their side.

Who'd have thunk I would find answers to the greatest mysteries on HHF? Was God wearing the referee's hat?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Graham was #5 on my list of HC candidates back in 2008. He won't make my 2014 list, but I still think he's better than Sark.
  • dnc said:

Graham was #5 on my list of HC candidates back in 2008. He won't make my 2014 list, but I still think he's better than Sark.

He's hard to judge since he's bounced around so much after 1 or 2 seasons. So you can't get a real good feel on him.

I do think he's better than Sark but that's not really saying much.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    Good move on ASU's part. If there's one thing sure to keep Graham in Tempe, it's having a CONTRACT.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Every asu fan loves graham for his discipline, as for actual coaching talent he has very little. Can't blame them though, they had to suffer 4 years of Dennis errickson
  • Has ASU ever had a good coach in the Pac-8/10/12 era?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    Bruce Snyder lost a Rose Bowl and popped off. John Cooper won a Rose Bowl and popped off
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam
    ASU is a classic study in how a school that has all the right ingredients for a national championship can get fucked up by hiring wrong coach after wrong coach.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798

ASU is a classic study in how a school that has all the right ingredients for a national championship can get fucked up by hiring wrong coach after wrong coach.

You misspelled "UW."
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

You misspelled "UW."
    That was a given, Tehran Town Jerry.
  • ASU is a classic study in how a school that has all the right ingredients for a national championship can get fucked up by hiring wrong coach after wrong coach.

Agreed. Their two best coaches are Bruce Snyder and John Cooper not exactly great coaches.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

ASU is the old Boise St. Arizona kids have been leaving the state for years. Talent there is really improving but it will be divided by Rich Rod and by the fact that many kids there leave the state.
  • ASU is a classic study in how a school that has all the right ingredients for a national championship can get fucked up by hiring wrong coach after wrong coach.

ASU is the old Boise St. Arizona kids have been leaving the state for years. Talent there is really improving but it will be divided by Rich Rod and by the fact that many kids there leave the state.
    I'd actually say Boise State is the old ASU. ASU go look it up in the 1970's was always ranked highly because they played in a terrible conference. Then they joined the Pac-10 and have been pretty average.

Same thing would happen to Boise if they joined the Pac-12. Just like Utah and TCU.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,877 Founders Club
    edited September 2013
    For some reason, this moment got seared into my memory: My dad and I drove down to Corvallis when I was 15 to watch the Huskies play the Beavers. I remember the score, 28-12. On the long drive back home through the darkness, we managed to get the ASU-Cal game on the radio, crystal clear. Arizona State dominated and won 49-0, and clinched the trip to the Rose Bowl. They finished 10-1-1 that season. There was a sense that under John Cooper, they were a monster program in its ascendency .
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

For some reason, this moment got seared into my memory: My dad and I drove down to Corvallis when I was 15 to watch the Huskies play the Beavers. I remember the score, 28-12. On the long drive back home through the darkness, we managed to get the ASU-Cal game on the radio, crystal clear. Arizona State dominated and won 49-0, and clinched the trip to the Rose Bowl. They finished 10-1-1 that season. There was a sense that under John Cooper, they were a monster program in its ascendency .

Beautiful.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

What kind of day was it? I bet it was crisp. Sea of orange?