Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

romar gonna romar

13»

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Is there any chance Murray comes back next year if he has a couple more games like last night?

Yes because his outside shot isn't that solid. Wroten was able to get to the hoop at will and has flamed out of the NBA. Agree he's more and more likely to leave, but he's only hit 6 threes all season. Granted why shoot threes when you can get to the basket at will, but there are lots of ways he can improve his draft stock by coming back.
    Dude would be unreal with a consistent outside shot, definite lottery pick. If he returns I'm full on doog mode next year with Fultz and another year of experience for the rest of the team. No reason (other than Romar) to not make the tourney four years in a row with this group.
    Next year will be special.

Seriously. If Murray stays, Fultz is an upgrade over AA (assuming he doesn't have brain damage). More beef on the front line. Speed, speed, speed. Ready to rumble.
    I'm a pretty big Andrews hater and I think that's very optimistic. Andrews has been a stud most of the season.

The good news is if Murray's back I don't think Fultz will need to be better than Andrews. I think it would be fair to expect one or two of the first year Dawgs don't take a step forward, a few of them take a modest step forward, and one or two of them make a big leap. If any of the three bigs take a leap, we?ll be damn good. If two of them do, look the fuck out. Hell, all it would really take for Chris or Dime to be monsters is learning how to stay out of foul trouble.

I assume Murray will be the leader next year.

Fultz can just come in and play, almost like IT joining a solid squad led by Brockman and taking them to the next level.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    adding 250lb 6'8" Atewe a year older can't hurt either
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Doogles said:

Is there any chance Murray comes back next year if he has a couple more games like last night?

Yes because his outside shot isn't that solid. Wroten was able to get to the hoop at will and has flamed out of the NBA. Agree he's more and more likely to leave, but he's only hit 6 threes all season. Granted why shoot threes when you can get to the basket at will, but there are lots of ways he can improve his draft stock by coming back.
    Dude would be unreal with a consistent outside shot, definite lottery pick. If he returns I'm full on doog mode next year with Fultz and another year of experience for the rest of the team. No reason (other than Romar) to not make the tourney four years in a row with this group.
    I agree. I obviously expect Fultz, Murray and Chriss to be gone in a couple years. But Dickerson, Green and Thybulle (hopefully Timmins) will be pretty damned good nucleus as Jrs and Srs...as long as Romar recruits a decent supporting cast. Murray and Chriss rightfully get all the attention but they're abnormally talented. I really, really like Thybulle's prospect as far as being a damn good 4-year player. His shot will only get better and I can see him being all-conference as an upperclassman.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

I agree. I obviously expect Fultz, Murray and Chriss to be gone in a couple years. But Dickerson, Green and Thybulle (hopefully Timmins) will be pretty damned good nucleus as Jrs and Srs...as long as Romar recruits a decent supporting cast. Murray and Chriss rightfully get all the attention but they're abnormally talented. I really, really like Thybulle's prospect as far as being a damn good 4-year player. His shot will only get better and I can see him being all-conference as an upperclassman.
    I'm totally with you on Thybulle, his game makes me NTD, BB. I love how he plays the passing lanes, hits big threes and that he's not built like a freshman. I'd Crisp to your list too, I think he'll be pretty good as a junior/senior.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

The center from New Zealand is often forgotten about, but he's considered a big time prospect.

No one ever says shit about him, but he has been compared to the foreign bigs the zags get. He's gonna be a good player.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    BayDawg said:

The center from New Zealand is often forgotten about, but he's considered a big time prospect.

No one ever says shit about him, but he has been compared to the foreign bigs the zags get. He's gonna be a good player.
    Gonna be weird having a whitey back in the rotation.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

I'm totally with you on Thybulle, his game makes me NTD, BB. I love how he plays the passing lanes, hits big threes and that he's not built like a freshman. I'd Crisp to your list too, I think he'll be pretty good as a junior/senior.
    Good call. He completely slipped my mind at the time but he should be nails as an upperclassman. Again, I just hope Romar doesn't decide to take another couple years off from recruiting. Fuck, I would. If I realized I didn't actually have to be good at my job and I'd never get fired as long as I'm a nice guy, I wouldn't do shit.
  • Options

BayDawg said:

But do you think he'll keep his white privilege in check?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BayDawg said:

But do you think he'll keep his white privilege in check?
    Dude, he's from Australia not south africa
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Next year you could assume that Dorsey is gone opening up one more slot. I wish that romar had more success with community college guys as it would benefit the team to get another guy built to play today rather than another freshman, but I would imagine it will be another frosh.

If Chriss/Murray(or both) leave than that's 3 more scholy's available in the spring.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    Dorsey belonged with the group Romar had last year. He should be on a train to San Jose State or Montana sooner rather than later
  • Options
    Dorsey sucks. Green took his minutes and is a better overall player.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Green at least has a chance. He probably will get passed up as well though. I remember Phil Nelson starting against Arizona and dropping 16 and thinking he had a chance too.
  • Options

Green at least has a chance. He probably will get passed up as well though. I remember Phil Nelson starting against Arizona and dropping 16 and thinking he had a chance too.
    I don't think Green is a super star or anything.

But he's way better than Dorsey.

Could see him carving out a nice role as more than just a deep threat off the bench, and maybe a solid starter by senior year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think Green is a super star or anything.

But he's way better than Dorsey.

Could see him carving out a nice role as more than just a deep threat off the bench, and maybe a solid starter by senior year.
    Agree. I could also see him being the same player next year and transferring to the Big Sky. Either way it will be interesting.