Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen, a Cautionary Tale

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Is Jen Cohen the right person for the AD job? I don't know enough about her to justify saying yes or no.

But there is something to consider.

Back during the days of Willingham and "Suddenly Senior", Mark Emmert, Todd Turner and Jen Cohen stood by and did nothing while Willingham stigmatized those kids and kicked them out of the program. That would have been a prime opportunity for her to show leadership in crisis and rock the boat and stand up for what was right. But she, under the leadership of Todd Turner, allowed Willingham to do what he did.

After Mark Emmert bowed to PC pressure and brought Willingham back for a fourth year, it was that following August when
our own James Cornell and his dad were banned from UW practices by Willingham. Jen Cohen reached out to James and as I recall took him to lunch to apologize-- but she said Willingham was the head coach and what he said was law. Nothing could be done, even though James's uncle is one of the great UW fullbacks of all time.

That same August, Willingham wouldn't let EJ Savannah back on the team and wouldn't even tell him and his parents why. And Willingham was having some sort of psychological crisis, because he was going around behaving like a massive dick to everyone. Scott Woodward and Jen Cohen were profusely apologizing to UW players for the way their coach was behaving. (Woodward later at one point would look me in the eyes and lie to me about this, but a dozen players told me otherwise).

Woodward and Cohen profusely apologized to the players, BUT THEY ALLOWED WILLINGHAM TO CONTINUE HIS BOORISH BEHAVIOR UNCHECKED. It was only when UW was 0-7 was it announced that Willingham would be let go at season's end.

Furthermore, she was part of the group that allowed an arrogant drunk like Sarkisian be the steward for the kids in our program for five years. Only when he bolted for USC did that situation begin to remedy itself. It was not from any leadership from the UW athletic department.

So on one hand, Cohen has been a large part of a UW athletic department that has brought us Willingham, Todd Turner, Steve Sarkisian, Scott Woodward, Crazy Larry, The Zone, Environmental Sustainability Awards during timeouts during football games, and the worst stretch of Husky Football in its 127-year history. Why would we want more of this? Shouldn't we want someone from the outside to come in with fresh ideas and weed out some of the arrogant malcontents in the department?

On the other hand, we have some people close to the program say that Cohen loves football and would make it a priority and she would be an outstanding AD. Shouldn't we want someone passionate about UW football and familiar with the inner workings to now make a difference when given more power?

I honestly don't know. But I felt compelled to share the above thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

I don't blame her for the antics of Woodward and Emmert and Turner and Willingham ... She was a younger female in a man's world.

Has she spoke up and rocked the boat she would have been stream rolled.

Yes, she could have shown courage and stood up ... But she would have been whacked.

That's certainly possible.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,136
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Is Jen Cohen the right person for the AD job? I don't know enough about her to justify saying yes or no.

But there is something to consider.

Back during the days of Willingham and "Suddenly Senior", Mark Emmert, Todd Turner and Jen Cohen stood by and did nothing while Willingham stigmatized those kids and kicked them out of the program. That would have been a prime opportunity for her to show leadership in crisis and rock the boat and stand up for what was right. But she, under the leadership of Todd Turner, allowed Willingham to do what he did.

After Mark Emmert bowed to PC pressure and brought Willingham back for a fourth year, it was that following August when
    our own James Cornell and his dad were banned from UW practices by Willingham. Jen Cohen reached out to James and as I recall took him to lunch to apologize-- but she said Willingham was the head coach and what he said was law. Nothing could be done, even though James's uncle is one of the great UW fullbacks of all time.

That same August, Willingham wouldn't let EJ Savannah back on the team and wouldn't even tell him and his parents why. And Willingham was having some sort of psychological crisis, because he was going around behaving like a massive dick to everyone. Scott Woodward and Jen Cohen were profusely apologizing to UW players for the way their coach was behaving. (Woodward later at one point would look me in the eyes and lie to me about this, but a dozen players told me otherwise).

Woodward and Cohen profusely apologized to the players, BUT THEY ALLOWED WILLINGHAM TO CONTINUE HIS BOORISH BEHAVIOR UNCHECKED. It was only when UW was 0-7 was it announced that Willingham would be let go at season's end.

Furthermore, she was part of the group that allowed an arrogant drunk like Sarkisian be the steward for the kids in our program for five years. Only when he bolted for USC did that situation begin to remedy itself. It was not from any leadership from the UW athletic department.

So on one hand, Cohen has been a large part of a UW athletic department that has brought us Willingham, Todd Turner, Steve Sarkisian, Scott Woodward, Crazy Larry, The Zone, Environmental Sustainability Awards during timeouts during football games, and the worst stretch of Husky Football in its 127-year history. Why would we want more of this? Shouldn't we want someone from the outside to come in with fresh ideas and weed out some of the arrogant malcontents in the department?

On the other hand, we have some people close to the program say that Cohen loves football and would make it a priority and she would be an outstanding AD. Shouldn't we want someone passionate about UW football and familiar with the inner workings to now make a difference when given more power?

I honestly don't know. But I felt compelled to share the above thoughts.

I thought Woodward took Condotta to lunch over Willingham's behavior?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sounds like top to bottom institutional incompetence, the AD really needs to start over under a new director.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can do better than her. I know it.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,138
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Sounds like Jen Cohen doesn't want you to motorboat her sloppy tits

Literally this is all I could think about while reading Johnson's post. Just a constant repeating of 'big titties, big titties, ...' going through my head.

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,513
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Sounds like Jen Cohen doesn't want you to motorboat her sloppy tits

Literally this is all I could think about while reading Johnson's post. Just a constant repeating of 'big titties, big titties, ...' going through my head.

I rarely ever have a cogent thought.
    Crisped.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2016
    This Jen Cohen has nice tits

I fucking suck at posting pictures

How did the last woman athletic director work out at Washington? Everything has sucked while this woman has been involved. It makes perfect fucking sense to see if she can make is suck even more.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Yes she does and a rock solid body. But our? Jen is fat. At least the pictures I saw when Google stocking her. Irishdawg probably has a pin up of her somewhere on the palm of his hand.

How did the last woman athletic director work out at Washington? Everything has sucked while this woman has been involved. It makes perfect fucking sense to see if she can make is suck even more.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,197
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2016
    I understand what people WANTED Jen Cohen to do years ago....but she was an underling and she had absolutely no say in anything that goes on. If she shows up Woodward in the AD Office or the President's Office she is fired immediately.

You think your boss is an egotistical prick? Work for a college/university ( I do)....Geezus H. Christ they think their word is law (which for all purposes it is) and you better not go around them.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    so, to me, the thing is that you should be hiring someone whose exposure to the role includes looking down from the top instead of looking up from the bottom. Just because she's been in the room when decisions have to be made doesn't mean she's had to learn how to make decisions. Watching other people do it is not the same as doing it.

Anyway, continue to RIP Husky football.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jen Cohen is a fucking shit hire, but this is just stupid.

How did the last two MAN hires work out? Fucking shitty.

In my lifetime we've had one good AD: Mike Lude.

And while I hate PC bullshit, I hate sloppy stupidity even more. If we hired a woman AD with an awesome record, I would be psyched. It doesn't seem hiring men is particularly effective in my opinion.

Her entire disqualification should just be that she's a fag. Which she is.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,085
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    ^ HRYK

Jen Cohen is a sloppy tits fag.