Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seattle Times pumping up Cohen's candidacy.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited January 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
I love his line: "According to sources close to the UW athletic department, Cohen has the support of many influential donors."

What sources? Cohen? Donors that Cohen hand picked for the Times to interview?

What experience does Cohen have in selecting a head football coach for a major college program, something that she will surely have to do some day?

http://seattletimes.com/sports/uw-huskies/jennifer-cohen-uws-interim-athletic-director-was-inspired-by-don-james-at-early-age/

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    There's definitely a pumping up boobs joke in here somewhere
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

We're fucked.

And then some. You goofs still happy Woody moved on? What did you think was going to happen? Thank the good lord our best AD in a quarter century built us a stadium 1st.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Passion said:

I love his line: "According to sources close to the UW athletic department, Cohen has the support of many influential donors."

What sources? Cohen? Donors that Cohen hand picked for the Times to interview?

What experience does Cohen have in selecting a head football coach for a major college program, something that she will surely have to do some day?

http://seattletimes.com/sports/uw-huskies/jennifer-cohen-uws-interim-athletic-director-was-inspired-by-don-james-at-early-age/

OMG! I must have missed the memo. When did Phil Knight or T. Boone Pickens switch
    over and are now donating to the UW? Surely the Times MUST be talking about donors
    at that level because otherwise the term influential really shouldn't be used. I really
    didn't read the article so maybe you knowledgeable folks on here could tell me who these
    donors are. If you are talking about piss ants like the horse racing guy,(Crocket is it?), just stop there. Crockett + Cohen=Not a big boy program.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

AD's don't keep their bottles in a desk drawer. They keep them chilled in the office fridge.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    In the world of big boosters across college sports ... Crockett isn't THAT big time.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

We're fucked.

And then some. You goofs still happy Woody moved on? What did you think was going to happen? Thank the good lord our best AD in a quarter century built us a stadium 1st.
    Passion said:

We'd be much better off bringing in an AD from another school - somebody that has a proven track record of hiring coaches that have gone in to WIN.

Simply raising money (which Cohen is probably good at) is only one piece of the puzzle. Cohen has been in the UW cocoon for far too long. Let her prove that she can be an AD at another, lower tier school.

I'm tired of UW being the place of failed experiments.

We'd be much better off bringing in DONORS from another school. Folks who have a proven track record of hiring coaches that have gone on to win. Then let them appoint
    the figurehead AD. You know, SEC style. (And Oregon style)
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam

Has she only worked at UW? I saw a picture of her with the real DJ (Don James) and I got the impression it was early in her career at UW.

If she's only ever worked at UW, run the fuck away. It's the same thing like hiring Sark. He only really ever worked under Pete Carroll and had no idea how to handle things other than how Carroll did and that was pretty easy following Carroll's second year once he had USC rolling.

We might as well fucking just remove the interim tag and hire her. We all know that is what's going to happen.

I said the day Woodward left that Cohen will be the AD.

I'm surprised you guys are surprised.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Paging WeAreAFatFemministSchool
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,995 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Has she only worked at UW? I saw a picture of her with the real DJ (Don James) and I got the impression it was early in her career at UW.

If she's only ever worked at UW, run the fuck away. It's the same thing like hiring Sark. He only really ever worked under Pete Carroll and had no idea how to handle things other than how Carroll did and that was pretty easy following Carroll's second year once he had USC rolling.

We might as well fucking just remove the interim tag and hire her. We all know that is what's going to happen.

I said the day Woodward left that Cohen will be the AD.

I'm surprised you guys are surprised.
    I just like repeating things that have already been said but in a less funny and less intelligent way than the original.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Baseman said:

AD's don't keep their bottles in a desk drawer. They keep them chilled in the office fridge.

She craves bbc
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,580 Swaye's Wigwam