Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stanley Daniels just knocked on my door at home -- he wanted to sell me new Century Link service

ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Two guys just came to my door and tried to sell me the new fiber Century Link service that they are putting in my neighborhood (Green Lake / Roosevelt). The deal looked okay, but I told him no thanks when he explained I'd only get that deal if I signed a 1 year contract (not a fan of contracts, and I'm probably moving in under a year).

Anyway, he was still nice about it as he put away his sales sheet, and we got to talking about business and cities with better weather, and one thing leads to another and he says he is Stanley Daniels. I said no shit, let me shake your hand. He liked that and introduced his partner, who was also a Dawg, but the name escapes me.

I told him I gave up my season tickets in Rick's last season, and have been waiting for a reason to buy them again. I asked him what they think of Coach Pete, they said they both think he is awesome, and expect good things.

Stanley was quite articulate and polite, so I can tell he at least got a good education at the UW, and elsewhere in life. I don't really follow the NFL much, so no idea what happened with him there. But was nice seeing a friendly Dawg.

Yep, that is my "cool story bro" for the night.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    His partner you say?

...and he's well spoken.

That's super fabulous.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @Mad_Son ... Fuck your 53 seconds.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2016
    One of the things I love about this bored is that it is an echo chamber
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

One of the things I love about this bored is that it is an echo chamber

Echo chamber or fucking revenge of the nerds? hee hee
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,632
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    He was just axin for some biz. Gotta get money in the pocket to hit on the white women.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2016
    Thump said:

Two guys just came to my door and tried to sell me the new fiber Century Link service that they are putting in my neighborhood (Green Lake / Roosevelt). The deal looked okay, but I told him no thanks when he explained I'd only get that deal if I signed a 1 year contract (not a fan of contracts, and I'm probably moving in under a year).

Anyway, he was still nice about it as he put away his sales sheet, and we got to talking about business and cities with better weather, and one thing leads to another and he says he is Stanley Daniels. I said no shit, let me shake your hand. He liked that and introduced his partner, who was also a Dawg, but the name escapes me.

I told him I gave up my season tickets in Rick's last season, and have been waiting for a reason to buy them again. I asked him what they think of Coach Pete, they said they both think he is awesome, and expect good things.

Stanley was quite articulate and polite, so I can tell he at least got a good education at the UW, and elsewhere in life. I don't really follow the NFL much, so no idea what happened with him there. But was nice seeing a friendly Dawg.

You must be renting Thump? Make sure your landlord is ok with it and your mom sends the weekly check for groceries:) Oh and imagine that, a big black man is actually articulate? Your a racist dude!!!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Thump said:

You must be renting Thump? Make sure your landlord is ok with it and your mom sends the weekly check for groceries:) Oh and imagine that, a big black man is actually articulate? Your a racist dude!!!
    pot.kettle.black

Oh, and... *you're
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,911
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Kudos.... That's a tough selling gig
  • Options
    Founders Club

Oh Baze I hate when you boogereaters say this but like whooooosh. Get head out your bungus . Im just proud to be a pot, and dont care if I call the kettle black, pink in your case, and dont care what I get called.

You had me at bungus. hee hee
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Picture of Stanley at Thump's door...

If memory serves... is that the moment the guys ask him if he has cocaine and he blackmails them into buying 50 magazine subscriptions or he is going to turn them in after he learns of their plans to steal a tenth of a penny from every bank account?
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Thump said:

*Your
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Picture of Stanley at Thump's door...

Are you suggesting Stanley was on the James Clifford Workout Plan while at the UW?
  • Options
    McRibMcRib Member Posts: 227
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Glad to see our* players achieving such post season highs in life.