Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The People vs Jonathan Smith

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited January 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
Jonathan SmithFS,

You stand here today accused of high treason, plotting to be a Beaver troll trying to make UW coaches look bad, and even promoting mass doogery. Today, we shall determine the truth and if need be, serve just and quick punishment to you and any auxiliary party involved. May I please call the defense to the stand?

"Your honor, this is a man placed in an impossible situation. He inherited a sniveling, pussy-armed neanderthal at QB in Cyler Miles. Who could have succeeded with that guy at QB? His OL was in tatters, his only WRs worth a shit (Ross and String) either couldn't stay healthy or were unceremoniously kicked off the team because of the actions of a bunch of fucking 12s! While I freely admit he hasn't exactly been a Chip Kelly (blatant homosexuality notwithstanding), he's scrapped together a tough group of kids from the pile of misfit toys. 2015 season ended with all signs trending upwards. He developed Gaskin into an all world back. Browning looked a thousand times better in the bowl game than he did week 1. Aren't we going to let Smith get his own guys in there and see what he can do? 2016 will be special for the offense."

The defense rests. Thank you Mr. Fleenor. I shall now call the prosecution to the stand.

"Your honor, the fact that the case has even proceeded this far is intellectually insulting. The man had no qualifications for the job. We took a risk and said 'trust in Pete, he knows best.' The result? Two dead last offensive finishes in the conference. Even an average offense probably nets our beloved Washington Huskies no worse than 2nd in the conference in 2015. I cede that Gaskin developed nicely, but I would argue it was in spite of, and not because of, Jonathan Smith. With a roster better suited towards running than anything else, Smith insisted on throwing the rock to our shit, midget WRs and not committing to a strong running game until the season was effectively already over. I acknowledge his talent hasn't been near the top of the conference, but I'll be a dead whore in North Bend before I say it was bottom of the conference either! He has proven time and time again his incompetence, and I move to have him summarily executed with extreme prejudice."

Thank you, Ted, for your statements. The jury will now convene and then come to a vote to decide Smith's fate.

The People vs Jonathan Smith 55 votes

Pa, get mah' lynchin rope! No one dodges the hangman in my city! [Fire Him]
87%
TierbsHsotBoobsTommySQCCFetters_Nacho_LoverHouhuskyFire_Marshall_BillSwayeAlCzervikwhlinderPostGameOrangeSlicesDawgs4everPurpleBazeDawgtonaRoadDawg55Mad_SondhdawgDennis_DeYoungGladstonedncdrogginsExtraChrisB 48 votes
Now listen sonny, Smith here is an innocent goddamn man with potential to boot! [Do Not Fire Him]
12%
BennyBeavergreenbloodHUSKYFANATICFreeChavezToddTurnerLIVESEastCoastDoogbackthepack 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If this were Scottish law, there'd be a third verdict "not proven" which would roughly translate to "he needs more time" for all intensive purposes.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,803
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Classics. Shit. Bored. Belongs.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

If this were Scottish law, there'd be a third verdict "not proven" which would roughly translate to "he needs more time" for all intensive purposes.

Scottish law superiority guy...
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fire the motherfucker who hired him and hasn't realized yet that he sucks and needs to be fired. 2 birds. 1 stone. Missed our shot at Chip.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I love off season poasts.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Bubble screens, 7 carries a game for our gaskin, backup QBs a fucking joke. Lenius is a pussy.

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Jonathan SmithFS,

You stand here today accused of high treason, plotting to be a Beaver troll trying to make UW coaches look bad, and even promoting mass doogery. Today, we shall determine the truth and if need be, serve just and quick punishment to you and any auxiliary party involved. May I please call the defense to the stand?

"Your honor, this is a man placed in an impossible situation. He inherited a sniveling, pussy-armed neanderthal at QB in Cyler Miles. Who could have succeeded with that guy at QB? His OL was in tatters, his only WRs worth a shit (Ross and String) either couldn't stay healthy or were unceremoniously kicked off the team because of the actions of a bunch of fucking 12s! While I freely admit he hasn't exactly been a Chip Kelly (blatant homosexuality notwithstanding), he's scrapped together a tough group of kids from the pile of misfit toys. 2015 season ended with all signs trending upwards. He developed Gaskin into an all world back. Browning looked a thousand times better in the bowl game than he did week 1. Aren't we going to let Smith get his own guys in there and see what he can do? 2016 will be special for the offense."

The defense rests. Thank you Mr. Fleenor. I shall now call the prosecution to the stand.

"Your honor, the fact that the case has even proceeded this far is intellectually insulting. The man had no qualifications for the job. We took a risk and said 'trust in Pete, he knows best.' The result? Two dead last offensive finishes in the conference. Even an average offense probably nets our beloved Washington Huskies no worse than 2nd in the conference in 2015. I cede that Gaskin developed nicely, but I would argue it was in spite of, and not because of, Jonathan Smith. With a roster better suited towards running than anything else, Smith insisted on throwing the rock to our shit, midget WRs and not committing to a strong running game until the season was effectively already over. I acknowledge his talent hasn't been near the top of the conference, but I'll be a dead whore in North Bend before I say it was bottom of the conference either! He has proven time and time again his incompetence, and I move to have him summarily executed with extreme prejudice."

Thank you, Ted, for your statements. The jury will now convene and then come to a vote to decide Smith's fate.

Too much lynching imagery and racist crap, but still an excellent effort.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

Jonathan SmithFS,

YVBFE
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Too much lynching imagery and racist crap, but still an excellent effort.

I was disappointed with lack of reference to rape culture.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    Founders Club

Doogs are Scottish?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    Founders Club

Bubble screens, 7 carries a game for our gaskin, backup QBs a fucking joke. Lenius is a pussy.

Fuck Smurf. The fact it took him a season and a half to figure out the bubble screen wasn't going to work alone is enough reason to be fired. The facts he's a fucking beaver and he had little to no experience should have meant he not be even considered for the job. An offensive genius couldn't get anyone other than a glorified graduate assistant to be his OC? What does that say about Peterman? This is all on him and he should be held accountable for this shit hire.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2016
    Doogles said:

I admit, I was in the 'wait and see' mode until that Oregon game. Those last few minutes of the game proved to me that he has no idea how to handle in-game situations. He should have been fired after that game. He was so strict in sticking to his script that he gave us no chance of winning. Even worse was that after the game he was legitimately confused why people were questioning the offense towards the end of he game.

I think we'll get to the point to where we'll scheme well, but he's a guy that doesn't know how to make any sort of important in-game decisions. Unless it's a blowout in our favor, I don't like our chances to win the game.

It's the main reason we lost every close game, IMO.

That zero urgency TD drive pissed me the fuck off. His reasoning behind zero hurry up in the situation (and actually slowing down as if we had the lead) was something like "we wanted to make sure the calls were right"

BITCH, DO THAT THE ENTIRE GAME!

To me it showed he legitimately can't think on his feet fast enough to successfully call hurry up situations.

See 100% of the 2 minute drill drives under his direction. It is the exact reason we've lost all those games with a chance to win the past 2 years.
    Browning actually seems more comfortable playing with tempo, but Smith won't do that because he needs to change personnel and make 16 window-dressing shifts before each play.

In fairness to Smith, that constant subbing and shifting BS is all Petersen.

If ever there was a case for moving to the HUNH just to slim down the playbook a bit, this is it.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They overthink play calling to the detriment of the team.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    looks like we have 3 people that hate Washington
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016

if you are scottish lord then i am mickey mouse
  • Options
    devildawgdevildawg Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is this trial just for play calling?

Once convicted he needs to be brought up for recruiting! Straight to electric chair
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The Lindquist bullshit alone is a fireable offense. Unfortunately, of all things, that seems like something Pete demanded. The only reasoning we? ever got for the Wild Swede is because he was an OKG, basically.