Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Would you Bloom for Michael?

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,588
Bloomberg is probably going to run. If he does, he has a decent chance to win big independent vote while also getting some of the moderate / mostly pragmatic vote in both parties.

As I've gathered, he will definitely run if Bernie Sanders wins the Dem nomination and Trump wins the GOP nomination. If Hildabeast wins the Dem nomination, I'm guessing he will still run.

What the USA needs is an intelligent / non messiah President with successful executive experience in both the private and public arenas. Bloomberg has both and negates Trump's wealth because he is also a billionaire.

Does anyone else seem him as potentially the prettiest girl in a room full of fuglies?

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    Bloomberg is boring as fuck. And no hot wife.

The world needs a Trump/Putin dick measuring contest.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Unlike Obama, who has a fuller understanding of history and attempts to govern with according restraint,

.....Bloomberg actually is on the authoritarian end of the liberal spectrum and has a long record of pushing for the sort of nanny-state regulations that this board claims to despise. So no, I would not be interested in voting for a "radical centrist" who would see his primary mandate as ceding economic control to the corporate sector, while at the same pushing a "progressive" agenda of restricting the size of sodas and places where you can smoke. He's the Epcot Centre of politicians.

I don't disagree with you on Bloomberg, he has some pretty fucked up libtarded ideas. He is an ardent and faithful practitioner of the religion of anthropogenic global warming and is a huge supporter of nanny state polices. Describing him as a "radical centrist" is spot on, but Obama has used his magic phone and magic pen to become among the most authoritarian presidents we've endured.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Obama is no Nixon.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Nixon was a great liberal president
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Nixon was a great liberal president

I'd take him back.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Unlike Obama, who has a fuller understanding of history and attempts to govern with according restraint,

.....Bloomberg actually is on the authoritarian end of the liberal spectrum and has a long record of pushing for the sort of nanny-state regulations that this board claims to despise. So no, I would not be interested in voting for a "radical centrist" who would see his primary mandate as ceding economic control to the corporate sector, while at the same pushing a "progressive" agenda of restricting the size of sodas and places where you can smoke. He's the Epcot Centre of politicians.

I don't disagree with you on Bloomberg, he has some pretty fucked up libtarded ideas. He is an ardent and faithful practitioner of the religion of anthropogenic global warming and is a huge supporter of nanny state polices. Describing him as a "radical centrist" is spot on, but Obama has used his magic phone and magic pen to become among the most authoritarian presidents we've endured.
    Holy shit you need a history lesson.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    if it were Trump Sanders I would vote for him in a second
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

if it were Trump Sanders I would vote for him in a second

If Trump gets the GOP nomination I'll be voting libertarian again.
    if trump wins the GOP nomination and there isn't a legitimate 3rd party candidate I would vote sanders, hope the GOP keeps control of congress, hope nothing happens and wait for 2020.
    and if it's hillary trump I may just not even vote
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    dhdawg said:

and if it's hillary trump I may just not even vote

Might as well not even hold the election.
    edited January 2016
    2001400ex said:

Holy shit you need a history lesson.
    Such a good little lap dog, Hondo

Link: Obama unilaterally acts

"..........Please don't complain later that you didn't see it coming. As always, Mr. Obama states publicly what his intentions are. He is doing that now. Toward the end of his speech last week in Jacksonville, Fla., he said: "So where I can act on my own, I'm going to act on my own. I won't wait for Congress." .....

........... The political left, historically inclined by ideological belief to public policy that is imposed rather than legislated, will support Mr. Obama's expansion of authority. The rest of us should not."

That was written in 2013. Since then Obama has used his magic phone and magic pen over and over again to circumvent the legislative process and impose his policies. You like his policies, so you continue to lick his taint and gargle his semen, ignoring the inherent problem with a runaway president overstepping the boundaries of his authority. The left in general have no problem with this since it is their guy ramming his policies down the throats of the American People. However, the middle and right have issued their objections. Republicans have taken over both houses of congress in large part due to frustration amongst the voting population over your self appointed "king's" actions. We'll see how this plays out in 2016.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    For Bloomberg, isn't be the one that made a fine for a 32 ounce pop greater than a fine for an ounce of pot?
    2001400ex said:
    I like to pretend all presidential executive orders are the same, that's what I like to do.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Less executive orders than every president since Grover Cleveland = Stalin

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

Less executive orders than every president since Grover Cleveland = Stalin

If you're going to bash William McKinley, I am the fuck out.