Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

No offense but....

Comments

• Options
    devildawgdevildawg Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

devildawg said:

Mcgrew is Chico 2.0 nice role guy who will have a few higlight reel plays but not a feature tailback...if he was he wouldn't have gotten out of So Cal without a fight

You clearly haven't watched more than 5 seconds of McGrew's tape.

devildawg said:

Mcgrew is Chico 2.0 nice role guy who will have a few higlight reel plays but not a feature tailback...if he was he wouldn't have gotten out of So Cal without a fight

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

I watched the kid play all summer in the 7-7 tournaments

I talked to the kid while he watched our Wa team play in Vegas..he was very interested in watching Eason throw the ball! Like I Said he's going to be a weapon but hes 5-6 160lbs he's not a feature tailback...at least not the next few years.I just don't see a big enough frame for the kid to carry more than 180-185lbs which is fine just not at tailback

They needed to pick up a top flight ball carrier in this class IMO

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

I talked to the kid while he watched our Wa team play in Vegas..he was very interested in watching Eason throw the ball! Like I Said he's going to be a weapon but hes 5-6 160lbs he's not a feature tailback...at least not the next few years.I just don't see a big enough frame for the kid to carry more than 180-185lbs which is fine just not at tailback

Is this your clever way of saying you watched almost 50 seconds of Mcgrews tape?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,713
    devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

devildawg said:

LOL.

GreenRiverGatorz you've obviously never heard of the devildawg. This is his MO:

1. Trash UW recruits and coaches with poorly reasoned and emotional arguments.

2. When rebutted with facts appeal to his own authority as a high school assistant coach and vague stories about recent recruiting happenings

3. Refuse to actually put his name behind his assertions despite the fact that he just cited to his supposed connections and inside knowledge in an attempt to bolster his weak argument.

Good luck and have fun!
  • Options
    SilkyJohnstonSilkyJohnston Member Posts: 67
    Napoleon Kaufman was 5-7 and like 150 pounds as a high school senior. He rushed for over 1,000 yards his sophomore year at 135 pounds. He played at 180 pounds in the NFL so that weight is, in fact, fine for a tailback. McGrew is going to be a stud.
  • Options
    Agree Dennis!

Lotta coaches are fucking idiots! I've always chuckled with the Trolls obsession over my supposed "insider" status or my claim of superior knowledge becuase I coach high school football?

Self employed business owner who donates my time for free to help out coaching 15-18 year old stoners....nothing fucking glamoures about it.

Mcgrew is a midget he's also fast,with great feet he's going to make some plays I just don't think it will be with 15-20 carries a game at tailback and don't bring up Nip that's just retarded he was a once a decade back and one of the best high school players in the country! Mcgrew just a little guy who slipped out of LA becuase both schools have stacks of guys with his speed that all stand over 6 ft

Now if UW joins a 7-7 conferecne look out! Between Mcgrew and the smurf crew WRs and Smiffs ability to dial up 60 passes a game we just might break .500
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,713
    edited January 2016
    devildawg said:

Agree Dennis!

Lotta coaches are fucking idiots! I've always chuckled with the Trolls obsession over my supposed "insider" status or my claim of superior knowledge becuase I coach high school football?

Self employed business owner who donates my time for free to help out coaching 15-18 year old stoners....nothing fucking glamoures about it.

Mcgrew is a midget he's also fast,with great feet he's going to make some plays I just don't think it will be with 15-20 carries a game at tailback and don't bring up Nip that's just retarded he was a once a decade back and one of the best high school players in the country! Mcgrew just a little guy who slipped out of LA becuase both schools have stacks of guys with his speed that all stand over 6 ft

Now if UW joins a 7-7 conferecne look out! Between Mcgrew and the smurf crew WRs and Smiffs ability to dial up 60 passes a game we just might break .500

Stop citing to your position and connections in every argument as if it makes you an expert and I will end my "obsession."
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

When Petersen talks about the defense he uses words and phrases like effort, being physical, playing hard... His quotes on offense are mostly about scheme, philosophy, details... It's always been kind of irritating Fuck guys, it's just so irritating. Most of the players on defense are dawgs with feces in their throats. They play with emotion and fire. Most of the players on offense are nice kids.

Thankfully, the offense should be a lot better. I was encouraged by the end of the year. It's still a concern though. I still remember the pass happy bullshit and when even the doogliest doogs on this board wanted Smith fired.

I'm a fan of McGrew and think he will be good, but you can't guarantee a guy 5'6" 160 can play RB because Napolean Kaufman and Jaquizz Rodgers were also small. There aren't many good RB's that small. McGrew's speed and lateral quickness are incredible, but he's going to need to be properly utilized and he might not be a RB.

I'm still in lipo mode on his size. Darren Sproles is probably a better comparison for El Blanco, and look what he did in college:

Collegiate statistics
    Year Team Games Attempts Yards YPA TDs Long
    2001 Kansas State 6 28 210 7.5 1 38
    2002 Kansas State 13 237 1,465 6.2 17 80
    2003 Kansas State 15 306 1,986 6.5 16 73
    2004 Kansas State 11 244 1,318 5.4 11 74
    Career 45 815 4,979 6.1 45 80

Not saying he will--don't twist--but if he has the quickness and speed then I can't see why he wouldn't be able to take 150-225 carries by the time he's a junior.
  • Options

devildawg said:

Agree Dennis!

Stop citing to your position and connections in every argument as if it makes you an expert and I will end my "obsession."
    What the fuck are you arguing troll? I said Mcgrew is a little dude! I've stood right next to the kid are you arguing that he's big? There is no argument here it's just a conversation that you want to turn into an argument...your name suits you troll! Really just ignore my post or shut the fuck up!

Told ha before PM me! At this point I'd love to see you after practice come on out troll wtf?
  • Options
    devildawg said:

devildawg said:

Agree Dennis!

What the fuck are you arguing troll? I said Mcgrew is a little dude! I've stood right next to the kid are you arguing that he's big? There is no argument here it's just a conversation that you want to turn into an argument...your name suits you troll! Really just ignore my post or shut the fuck up!

Told ha before PM me! At this point I'd love to see you after practice come on out troll wtf?
    Be a better poster.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I obviously love poasting about UW/college football

I've been participating since they invented this shit...occasionally I post a few things I've seen or heard along the way,ive been involved with coaching,personel training,7-7 and the now shut down high school arena football leauge for the last 7-8 years

I've had this dip stick Troll on two web sights now stalking every post...asking for name,number,school,fucking SSN, facebook account? Ima bout to give it to him just to shut his fucking mouth!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I know we're at our quota for "high school coaches" on this site but any chance we can get kickercoach or jaxng to join this bored. I really want to get some analysis on VanHalen Soderberg and the Oregon high school baseball recruiting scene
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Keep up the good work, @FremontTroll.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,298
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

When Petersen talks about the defense he uses words and phrases like effort, being physical, playing hard... His quotes on offense are mostly about scheme, philosophy, details... It's always been kind of irritating Fuck guys, it's just so irritating. Most of the players on defense are dawgs with feces in their throats. They play with emotion and fire. Most of the players on offense are nice kids.

Thankfully, the offense should be a lot better. I was encouraged by the end of the year. It's still a concern though. I still remember the pass happy bullshit and when even the doogliest doogs on this board wanted Smith fired.

I'm a fan of McGrew and think he will be good, but you can't guarantee a guy 5'6" 160 can play RB because Napolean Kaufman and Jaquizz Rodgers were also small. There aren't many good RB's that small. McGrew's speed and lateral quickness are incredible, but he's going to need to be properly utilized and he might not be a RB.

I'm still in lipo mode on his size. Darren Sproles is probably a better comparison for El Blanco, and look what he did in college:

Collegiate statistics

Not saying he will--don't twist--but if he has the quickness and speed then I can't see why he wouldn't be able to take 150-225 carries by the time he's a junior.
    Sproles is the comparison I was going to make too.

His 2003 Big 12 championship game performance (KSU 35, #1 OU 7) was amazing. One of my favorite football players ever.
  • Options
    whlinder said:

Collegiate statistics

Sproles is the comparison I was going to make too.

His 2003 Big 12 championship game performance (KSU 35, #1 OU 7) was amazing. One of my favorite football players ever.
    And his NFL weight was only 190#. If McGrew bombs it'll be because he doesn't have the proper quickness, gets injured, or has instincts like DWash, not because of his size.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    All due respect to @BeelzebubDawg, watching tape of McGrew in real ball, not lingerie league 7on7 bullshit, he's player. I don't how else to say it. He's superior athletically, competitive, and has that innate on-field understanding. And he is ridiculously fast. I'm surprised that I'm surprised McGrew's leaving early and giving up a very good chance to be California 100m champion, no small feat for such small feet.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    devildawg said:

I obviously love poasting about UW/college football

I've been participating since they invented this shit...occasionally I post a few things I've seen or heard along the way,ive been involved with coaching,personel training,7-7 and the now shut down high school arena football leauge for the last 7-8 years

I've had this dip stick Troll on two web sights now stalking every post...asking for name,number,school,fucking SSN, facebook account? Ima bout to give it to him just to shut his fucking mouth!

Nuff said