Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

No offense but....

I like the current defensive commits - assuming they all sign and qualify. The recruits on the offensive side of the ball appear weak. No?

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mcgrew is awesome, so is Wattenberg, I like Gadd.... The rest, yeah.
  • Options

this gives me life
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    How about we just admit we have no real clue.

People harped on Dissly, and it turned out he can play.

Ben Burr-Kirven was a punchline, until he looked like Pat Tillman as a freshman.

Oh, those guys are defensive players...umm, carry on...
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

I like the current defensive commits - assuming they all sign and qualify. The recruits on the offensive side of the ball appear weak. No?

And what's the problem?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

devildawg said:

Dissly can play? Where? The kid got passed by and now splitting time at TE going into his JR. year

Good chance he never starts at UW

Gadd was a reach
    Chin and Fuller....need I say more?
    Kizer is a slug he's years away from just a blocking TE
    Mcgrew is Chico 2.0 nice role guy who will have a few higlight reel plays but not a feature tailback...if he was he wouldn't have gotten out of So Cal without a fight
    I Like Wattenburg the other kid is another reach

The D is stacked,well coached with more on the way
    The weakness of this team is offense and they brought in nothing that helps them next year

Oh and they whiffed on Eason

Take a look at the pic of Chin with the Bush and Smiff and ask yourself if that kid and those two coaches are upper echelon power 5 players/coaches?

Pease was fired hopefully Pete shit cans Smiff after his 10-11 win D ends up with 8-9 wins next year and that's IF nobody gets hurt

I'm surprised at the amount of doogery here about our offensive class. It sucks dick. We have two players that anyone else wanted. Two.

On defense, pretty much everyone was highly recruited.

So, not only does our offensive coaching suck, our offensive recruiting sucks.

My standards are Rose Bowls. Do we think this class is good enough to win a Rose Bowl on O? Fuck to the fuck no.
    This.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

And what's the problem?
    7-6
    4-5
  • Options

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

And what's the problem?
    7-6
    4-5
    I guess I missed the point were this years defensive recruiting affects last years record
    No specific point - just wondering how this team ever climbs out of perpetual mediocrity.

On paper, this year's class looks like

Defense: 10+ wins
    Offense: 5 wins
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2016
    devildawg said:

Dissly can play? Where? The kid got passed by and now splitting time at TE going into his JR. year

Ha. I should have said he can play some. I just meant that by not being buried in the depth his first two years he exceeded expectations.

My point, which you clearly missed, is that even the "extreme reaches" on the defensive side have been shown to be guys with some real ability. Not so on offense.

Clearly the defensive recruiting has been far better than on the offensive side of the ball.

But in terms of position groups, only WR stands out on the downside.

QB: B+
    RB: B+
    OL: B-
    TE: C-
    WR: F

It all blends to like a C overall, which is nowhere near the defensive side of the ball. Nor is it close to good enough.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @AIRWOLF: TE will never get above a C when we only target them 2-3x a game. We chronically under-use them. They disappeared altogether under Willingham, and haven't been properly used ever since. Even ASJ was chronically underutilized.
  • Options
    AIRWOLF said:

devildawg said:

Ha. I should have said he can play some. I just meant that by not being buried in the depth his first two years he exceeded expectations.

My point, which you clearly missed, is that even the "extreme reaches" on the defensive side have been shown to be guys with some real ability. Not so on offense.

Clearly the defensive recruiting has been far better than on the offensive side of the ball.

But in terms of position groups, only WR stands out on the downside.

QB: B
    RB: B+
    OL: C-
    TE: C-
    WR: F

It all blends to like a C overall, which is nowhere near the defensive side of the ball. Nor is it close to good enough.

Doogs doog
  • Options

this gives me life

DJ gave you death
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

@AIRWOLF: TE will never get above a C when we only target them 2-3x a game. We chronically under-use them. They disappeared altogether under Willingham, and haven't been properly used ever since. Even ASJ was chronically underutilized.

Then apparently everyone chronically underutilized the TE.

ASJ led the PAC in receptions for a TE in 2011, led the nation 2012, 2nd in PAC 2013 despite being a lazy POS.

Perkins led the PAC in receiving yards for a TE this year while Daniels was 6th.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

ASJ led the PAC in receptions for a TE in 2011, led the nation 2012, 2nd in PAC 2013 despite being a lazy POS.

Perkins led the PAC in receiving yards for a TE this year while Daniels was 6th.
    Yeah you can't say we underutilize the TE when the best one in the nation (OJ Howard) had less than 400 yards receiving and 0 TDs before the title game. He basically won Bama that game when they got him the ball.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Yeah you can't say we underutilize the TE when the best one in the nation (OJ Howard) had less than 400 yards receiving and 0 TDs before the title game. He basically won Bama that game when they got him the ball.