Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Re: doogeatdoog, A message from a soon to be former poaster

124»

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter

BearsWiin said:

I don't even know what to think about this place anymore. Two pages to this thread and nobody has thrown out a "Later guys?"

Fuck you people. Slipping. Seriously.

Be a better poster.
    You forgot the faggy wink and self imposed 75k fine
    Well, here's the thing. For it to be unscripted and unfiltered, we must allow 99% of what transpires to remain without deleting or banning. People here can post about virtually anything they like. In 11 months I've deleted less than 10 posts.

Overall I love the jokes and barbs, but there are some things that I find juvenile, distasteful or worn out. I read some of these threads and we're hammering the same points over and over and it can get monotonous, especially if you're not getting the humor.

Recently I was concerned about the overall content of the boards. I asked a friend about it, who has many more years of message board experience than I do. He said that a football message board is always going to reflect how the season is going. And he's right. If we hadn't screwed the pooch against Stanford, and/or had beaten Oregon, do you think the tone on here would be bitter and negative? No it wouldn't. As Race Bannon said in his podcast, we would be changing our handles and doogin' it up right now.

You and I see the world very differently, and yet we both have major issues with Sark. And that's the whole point: This is an unfiltered board and it is reflecting the season and people's current thoughts.

If anybody wants to come post football topics, there are plenty people here who will discuss them. But our board isn't for everybody, especially those easily offended.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

I don't think this site is in danger of becoming PC or pussified.

Odds are low of that. Unless DJ decides to cash in the chips.

I think DMc and HH should have monthly debates. They trot in their 5 hand picked posters and DJ picks 5 degenerates from this board. The rules would be a modified Stableford scoring system of course with guest moderators from other boards.

Personal attacks while encouraged will be held in more check than here but a little more liberal than what the DMc would be accustomed too. And of course the debates would have to be here in this board. This sort of thing would crash a Scout board. Make it a best of 5 series with the Cup residing with the Internet winners for the year. Of course it would be a cup that someone wore playing baseball 25 years ago.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

BearsWiin said:

I don't even know what to think about this place anymore. Two pages to this thread and nobody has thrown out a "Later guys?"

Fuck you people. Slipping. Seriously.

Be a better poster.
    You forgot the faggy wink and self imposed 75k fine
    Well, here's the thing. For it to be unscripted and unfiltered, we must allow 99% of what transpires to remain without deleting or banning. People here can post about virtually anything they like. In 11 months I've deleted less than 10 posts.

Overall I love the jokes and barbs, but there are some things that I find juvenile, distasteful or worn out. I read some of these threads and we're hammering the same points over and over and it can get monotonous, especially if you're not getting the humor.

Recently I was concerned about the overall content of the boards. I asked a friend about it, who has many more years of message board experience than I do. He said that a football message board is always going to reflect how the season is going. And he's right. If we hadn't screwed the pooch against Stanford, and/or had beaten Oregon, do you think the tone on here would be bitter and negative? No it wouldn't. As Race Bannon said in his podcast, we would be changing our handles and doogin' it up right now.

You and I see the world very differently, and yet we both have major issues with Sark. And that's the whole point: This is an unfiltered board and it is reflecting the season and people's current thoughts.

If anybody wants to come post football topics, there are plenty people here who will discuss them. But our board isn't for everybody, especially those easily offended.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,362 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

hi im new

I hope you get AIDS.
    Not like the Magic Johnson kind either...the Ryan White kind.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,699 Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

I don't think this site is in danger of becoming PC or pussified.

Odds are low of that. Unless DJ decides to cash in the chips.

I think DMc and HH should have monthly debates. They trot in their 5 hand picked posters and DJ picks 5 degenerates from this board. The rules would be a modified Stableford scoring system of course with guest moderators from other boards.

Personal attacks while encouraged will be held in more check than here but a little more liberal than what the DMc would be accustomed too. And of course the debates would have to be here in this board. This sort of thing would crash a Scout board. Make it a best of 5 series with the Cup residing with the Internet winners for the year. Of course it would be a cup that someone wore playing baseball 25 years ago.
    If it has an internet pole feature, I like the Cuogfans in this one.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,773 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Swaye said:

hi im new

I hope you get AIDS.
    Not like the Magic Johnson kind either...the Ryan White kind.
    That's some dark shit, dude.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club

hi im new

LEAVE!!!