Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Our lowest rated defense recruits

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Our lowest rated offensive commits are Nick Harris, Jordan Chin and Aaron Fuller.

Thought this was interesting about Nick Harris... At one of the combines, he did the SPARQ testing and finished with a 90.6 rating, #1 at that combine. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/204549/nick-harris

If you compare how that 90.6 stacks up against the elite of the elite at The Opening, he would have finished as the 2nd best OL guy behind Landon Dickerson, who happens to be a 5-star and #17 player overall in the country by 247 http://247sports.com/Player/Landon-Dickerson-76786
    http://www.studentsports.com/football/2015/07/08/nike-football-rating-national-championship-results/

The other thing about Nick Harris is that I'm pretty sure he's only 16, so he's a year behind everyone else in his grade age-wise.

He intrigues me as a prospect.

So you like them really young?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,453
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Chin is a project. He's kind of awkward and growing into his body. I agree with Dennis' that he doesn't look to have the smoothest hands. I don't hate him though. I think he has a chance. He's fairly tall, possibly still growing, and has deceptive speed. Unlike guys like Campbell and Hall, Chin might be able to make some plays downfield.

How tall is he?

I've seen him listed anywhere from 5' 11.5" to 6'2" and from 149 lbs to 175 lbs. Then again, these measurements could be from different years and different camps, but what is a good, reliable source to judge height and weight by?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Chin is a project. He's kind of awkward and growing into his body. I agree with Dennis' that he doesn't look to have the smoothest hands. I don't hate him though. I think he has a chance. He's fairly tall, possibly still growing, and has deceptive speed. Unlike guys like Campbell and Hall, Chin might be able to make some plays downfield.

How tall is he?

I've seen him listed anywhere from 5' 11.5" to 6'2" and from 149 lbs to 175 lbs. Then again, these measurements could be from different years and different camps, but what is a good, reliable source to judge height and weight by?
    Usually a good guess is to take the smallest listed height/weight on any of the sites and subtract another 1" and 10-15 lbs.

In Chin's particular case it is pretty obvious that he hit a late growth spurt and his body hasn't caught up yet so he could legitimately be 6'1" and 170 lbs. or more and the reason for the wide range is that he was actually growing.

We will find out in August when they release the roster.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

How tall is he?

A tape measure and a scale?

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm placing $50 on Roadie saying Chin and Shit-Show in the same sentence no less than 5 times in the first 4 games he plays.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

We'll surely be able to turn the poor performance of our offense around after this class... just hear me out!!!

We got one decent OL, a crappy OL to make sure the decent one didn't decommit, a short, white tailback, the second best TE in Oregon who didn't play this year because of a back injury, a hyphen-name QB no one wanted and two shit-stains at WR.

In 4-5 years our O is going to beast people!

On the season Washington was 9th in points scored in the conference. The inexperienced O-line and true freshmen skill guys needed the first half of the season to gel. The Huskies averaged 38 points a game over the last 6 games of the season which was good for 4th best and within 1.5 and 3 points of second and third.

For a good comparison lets use UCLA. They were @ 32.2 for the season a the Dawgs were 30.6. However the last 6 games they averaged only 28 points a game to the Huskies 38 points a game.

I fully expect the Huskies to be in the top 4 teams in the Pac-12 for offense next season. Add to that our #1 ranked defense which should not be any worse than first or second in the Pac and our team is poised for a great 2016.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We'll surely be able to turn the poor performance of our offense around after this class... just hear me out!!!

We got one decent OL, a crappy OL to make sure the decent one didn't decommit, a short, white tailback, the second best TE in Oregon who didn't play this year because of a back injury, a hyphen-name QB no one wanted and two shit-stains at WR.

On the season Washington was 9th in points scored in the conference. The inexperienced O-line and true freshmen skill guys needed the first half of the season to gel. The Huskies averaged 38 points a game over the last 6 games of the season which was good for 4th best and within 1.5 and 3 points of second and third.

For a good comparison lets use UCLA. They were @ 32.2 for the season a the Dawgs were 30.6. However the last 6 games they averaged only 28 points a game to the Huskies 38 points a game.

I fully expect the Huskies to be in the top 4 teams in the Pac-12 for offense next season. Add to that our #1 ranked defense which should not be any worse than first or second in the Pac and our team is poised for a great 2016.

• Options
    devildawgdevildawg Member Posts: 67
    Just think if they didn't shit the bed in that glory run against Utah and ASU that had solid Ds,the average woukd have been even better! Remember those 50 plus pass attempt games with the lead where Smiff got curb stomped in the 2nd half by real coaches ?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2016
    Baseman said:

UW: a championship level PAC-12 RB, a bottom division PAC-12 OL, and a Big Sky receiving corp

A bottom division O-line??? The same unit that started the season with 18 total starts among them, the majority of those starts belonging to 1 guy. The same unit that saw a true freshman left tackle take over his position a few games in? The same unit that led to a 10 point bump in points scored per game over the last 6 games of the season? The same unit that gelled and will come into 2016 young but experienced and ripping aholes open on opposing D lines this year? Doubt them. They will be the most improved unit on the field in 2016.

And receivers? Maybe Coach Pete has a specific vision for his offense and values fast play makers that can play slot, out of the backfield and traditional route running over a group of fast tall receivers. I will admit one would be very nice and help our offense. But since you are not a coach for the team you have no idea how they assign value to receivers and what they want for their offensive schemes. They went after Fuller early on for a reason. He wasnt a plan B or C guy. Petersen runs a complex offense. That is another reason the team struggled early on with all those true freshmen learning his schemes. The offense uses a lot of movement and is more complex than throwing a lob bal to a tall receiver to go up and get.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

The great thing about ending every season with Oregon State, Wazzu, and a shit tier bowl is it really spring boards are young and improving Dawgs towards the offseason natty.

The bad thing about playing Oregon and Stanford by October is TSIO.
    You would think fans would stop falling for it but like Wiley Coyote they fall off the cliff every summer
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2016
    The great thing about ending every season with Oregon State, Wazzu, and a shit tier bowl is it really spring boards are young and improving Dawgs towards the offseason natty.

Huskies don't win Natty's. They win National Championships. (2) A Natty is slang from a school that has 10,000 uniforms and no national championships.

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/utility/thumbnail/2150/cf://uploads/FileUpload/d3/c8aa34be1ebf63348c439be39c6016.jpg
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    devildawg said:

Just think if they didn't shit the bed in that glory run against Utah and ASU that had solid Ds,the average woukd have been even better! Remember those 50 plus pass attempt games with the lead where Smiff got curb stomped in the 2nd half by real coaches ?

Let's run the ball against the 3rd best run defense in the Pac 12. Sounds like a great game plan. Especially since ASU was also dead last in passing defense.
    #ACTUAL FACTS > ARMCHAIR COACH
  • Options
    devildawgdevildawg Member Posts: 67
    edited January 2016

devildawg said:

Let's run the ball against the 3rd best run defense in the Pac 12. Sounds like a great game plan. Especially since ASU was also dead last in passing defense.
    Did you watch the championship game dumbfuck? Clemson put 9 guys in the box didn't even try to hide the fact they were selling out to stop Henry! How'd that work out ? They kept giving it to Henry until.....Ooops lookie there the TE goes uncovered cuz the saftys were cheating all night!

Don't me a Smiff!
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread has caused me to THINK and CARE
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    devildawg said:

devildawg said:

Did you watch the championship game dumbfuck? Clemson put 9 guys in the box didn't even try to hide the fact they were selling out to stop Henry! How'd that work out ? They kept giving it to Henry until.....Ooops lookie there the TE goes uncovered cuz the saftys were cheating all night!

Don't me a Smiff!
    Why so angry? Now you went and hert my feelings. FaggottFace
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Huskies don't win Natty's. They win National Championships. (2) A Natty is slang from a school that has 10,000 uniforms and no national championships.

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/utility/thumbnail/2150/cf://uploads/FileUpload/d3/c8aa34be1ebf63348c439be39c6016.jpg
    Fuck you are knew hear. LEAVE!

Agreed. Took this wayyyyyyy tooo sirius....Will work hard to post better in the futures.