Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Our lowest rated defense recruits

Comments

• Options
    Doogles said:

I feel pretty good about the future of the OL. If next years class ends up being a complete dud that would be worrisome, but the trenches have been recruited well.

It sucks not getting a 5-star WR, but look at the Seahawks. It's probably the least important position on offense, especially if you have a running game and a QB that can drop dimes.

That being said, watching that Southern Miss WR shred our secondary was a reminder of what having a game changer on the perimeter can do for you.

this is so true!!! can be devloped as well like Doug Baldwin... although Tyler Lockett is a stud... dude is gunna be putting up Antonio Brown like numbers pretty soon
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

H_D said:

I don't fully hate Chin... but what the fuck? His hands are 'okay' (let's the ball get to his body on his highlight reel, which should not happen in HS); and even though he's 6-2, most of that is neck.

He weighs 145 and he didn't run the 100m, so he's not 'fast' fast.

Also, he was literally a plan F (assuming we were taking 2) WR:

1. Vaughns
    2. Harry
    3. Fehoko
    4. McKinley
    5. Crawford
    6. Omotosho
    7. McKnight
    8. CTY
    9. Johnny "fuck you I'm going to Colorado" Huntley
    10. Fuller
    11. Two Chins

The Bob Jarvis Offensive Scout Squad MVP Award isn't going to win itself.

I laffed.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    @DDY, has Peterson recruited and developed any pieces of shit yet? If Coach Pete is who we think he is, Chin will be solid... Or not, either way it will be interesting
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

@DDY, has Peterson recruited and developed any pieces of shit yet? If Coach Pete is who we think he is, Chin will be solid... Or not, either way it will be interesting

Name one receiver he's recruited so far that is awesome.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996

Sadly I can't think of a single one. I had hoped Renfro would be that guy and he was invisible.
  • Options
    tvoie said:

Sadly I can't think of a single one. I had hoped Renfro would be that guy and he was invisible.
    I'm not trying to be unreasonable—Pettis, Lenius and Renfro all have talent and maybe it was just shitty Pease coaching—but come the fuck on.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,547
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rated? By which metrics of never having played a down of D1 football were they ranked?
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996

tvoie said:

I'm not trying to be unreasonable—Pettis, Lenius and Renfro all have talent and maybe it was just shitty Pease coaching—but come the fuck on.
    I wanted to say you were being unreasonable and I got no one. All the guys you named MIGHT be good someday. That's the best we got right now and it's embarrassing.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016

Swaye said:

I don't fully hate Chin... but what the fuck? His hands are 'okay' (let's the ball get to his body on his highlight reel, which should not happen in HS); and even though he's 6-2, most of that is neck.

He weighs 145 and he didn't run the 100m, so he's not 'fast' fast.

Also, he was literally a plan F (assuming we were taking 2) WR:

1. Vaughns
    2. Harry
    3. Fehoko
    4. McKinley
    5. Crawford
    6. Omotosho
    7. McKnight
    8. CTY
    9. Johnny "fuck you I'm going to Colorado" Huntley
    10. Fuller
    11. Two Chins

This post makes me want to kill something. We got our 10th and 11th options. Maybe one of those two will turn into a serviceable WR in a couple years. But we need help now. Impact kid. How is it that we can recruit D so fucking well, and literally not even get plan B WRs to look at us. We are taking plan C/D guys. Fuck Pease, and fuck Peterman for hiring him. Nice experiment assface.
    Let's have a little perspective here. Fuller was offered back in January of 2015 and committed in July. He was clearly a priority for the staff. He was a plan A guy for them, not a plan D, 10th option guy.

That being said, I really don't know what they see in him. He's my least favorite recruit of the class. The only things that give me hope are:
    -He was a top priority for the staff
    -Had offers from Wisconsin, Northwestern, Houston, and Iowa.
    -Extremely productive in a good league.

His film blows though. Nothing stands out at all.
    Why do you introduce facts into my good rant? It's like a guy can't just flip the fuck out around here anymore.

edit: And yeah, no matter how you Kimbo Slice it, Fuller licks balls.
  • Options
    I forgot that we missed on Chase Claypool, too.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    UW: a championship level PAC-12 RB, a bottom division PAC-12 OL, and a Big Sky receiving corp
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

tvoie said:

Renfro could still be good. Let's not write off the true frosh who was the 5th or 6th WR just because he didn't tear it up his first year.
    WR is one of the few positions where true frosh often make an impact, like RB. Why? Because those positions allow instincts and athletic ability to mask technical deficiencies.

If Renfro was "a great one," his splash would've been a little bigger. Think Reggie Williams. Could still be "good" though.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

Our lowest rated offensive commitsgrayshirt candidates are Nick Harris, Jordan Chin and Aaron Fuller.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chin is a project. He's kind of awkward and growing into his body. I agree with Dennis' that he doesn't look to have the smoothest hands. I don't hate him though. I think he has a chance. He's fairly tall, possibly still growing, and has deceptive speed. Unlike guys like Campbell and Hall, Chin might be able to make some plays downfield.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Chin is a project. He's kind of awkward and growing into his body. I agree with Dennis' that he doesn't look to have the smoothest hands. I don't hate him though. I think he has a chance. He's fairly tall, possibly still growing, and has deceptive speed. Unlike guys like Campbell and Hall, Chin might be able to make some plays downfield.

Typical BSU recruit who makes the NFL after being coached up. Pete is good with projects , and if he is who we think he is I can see Chin be solid by his junior season