Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Football: Pleasant Surprises Emerge while Awaiting Tougher Competition

2»

Comments

• Options

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by Sankey. It was obvious what he could do last year when used correctly. The offense will put up 30ish points per game against pretty much anyone...the issue...once again...wait for it..... is the defense. Against decent pac-12 offenses this D will give up 30ish a game. Oregon will be in the 40's or 50's. The interior DL just isn't able to control the line of scrimmage and that puts too much pressure on the DBs against fast teams like Oregon and UCLA. Stanford will have their way with them.

The question is: will the offense be able keep up in high scoring games? And then there are always the games where everyone stays on the bus and a team like Arizona (2012) or Ore St (2011) that should be sure wins end up being embarrassing losses.

I still see this as a 7 win team. I don't think we need to play the "we won't know until they play team X to find out how good they are" game. We know. Above average to very good offense. average defense, average coaches...combined will yield a special average 2013 season.

Damone is so right and the highlighted part is really correct. I was willing to let this year "play out" even though I knew Sark sucks. That Illinois game showed me this is a 7 win team.

We'll start off 4-0 but finish with 7-6. I expect the ASU game be a game everyone on here picks us to win and we get our asses kicked.

Then I see the Oregon State game being another typical Sark road game where we lose to an inferior opponent.

This season will play out like 2011.
    I don't see Arizona as a gimme. I could easily see us losing that game. And I've got the Huskies at 8-5 right now.
    Never said the AZ game was a gimme. However, I can't see how we go 8-5 with a home loss to them.

Sark's track record shows he beats AZ but loses to both ASU and Oregon State.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I love how after a good game its LIFPO, but after a mediocre win we can't LIFPO.

Arizona at home will be no problem. Win all the games you should plus OSU (who can't run the ball and has a terrible defense) thats 8 wins right there. Beat Stanford, ASU or UCLA and thats 9. Bowl game is 10.

Great homer analysis as always.

Bleaux me.

Should win 10, but bc of Sark if I had to bet I'd go with 9-4.
    We actually almost agree, except that I think it will be 8-5.

LIFPO though. Arizona is no gimmie.
    There is no such thing as an in conference gimme for Sark.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

I love how after a good game its LIFPO, but after a mediocre win we can't LIFPO.

Arizona at home will be no problem. Win all the games you should plus OSU (who can't run the ball and has a terrible defense) thats 8 wins right there. Beat Stanford, ASU or UCLA and thats 9. Bowl game is 10.

Great homer analysis as always.

Bleaux me.

Should win 10, but bc of Sark if I had to bet I'd go with 9-4.
    We actually almost agree, except that I think it will be 8-5.

LIFPO though. Arizona is no gimmie.
    There is no such thing as an in conference gimme for Sark.

Sark doesn't choose his in conference gimme. His in conference gimme chooses Sark.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Washington.htm
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by Sankey. It was obvious what he could do last year when used correctly. The offense will put up 30ish points per game against pretty much anyone...the issue...once again...wait for it..... is the defense. Against decent pac-12 offenses this D will give up 30ish a game. Oregon will be in the 40's or 50's. The interior DL just isn't able to control the line of scrimmage and that puts too much pressure on the DBs against fast teams like Oregon and UCLA. Stanford will have their way with them.

The question is: will the offense be able keep up in high scoring games? And then there are always the games where everyone stays on the bus and a team like Arizona (2012) or Ore St (2011) that should be sure wins end up being embarrassing losses.

I still see this as a 7 win team. I don't think we need to play the "we won't know until they play team X to find out how good they are" game. We know. Above average to very good offense. average defense, average coaches...combined will yield a special average 2013 season.

Damone is so right and the highlighted part is really correct. I was willing to let this year "play out" even though I knew Sark sucks. That Illinois game showed me this is a 7 win team.

We'll start off 4-0 but finish with 7-6. I expect the ASU game be a game everyone on here picks us to win and we get our asses kicked.

Then I see the Oregon State game being another typical Sark road game where we lose to an inferior opponent.

I don't see Arizona as a gimme. I could easily see us losing that game. And I've got the Huskies at 8-5 right now.
    Never said the AZ game was a gimme. However, I can't see how we go 8-5 with a home loss to them.

When you said we would go 4-0, that implies that Arizona is a gimme
  • Options

Uhh no. It implies I think we'll go 4-0. So when you say we'll go 8-5 do you think we have SIX more gimme's? By your own logic you seem to think that we do.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Uhh no. It implies I think we'll go 4-0. So when you say we'll go 8-5 do you think we have SIX more gimme's? By your own logic you seem to think that we do.
    I'm with More Tim on this one. I think he goes 7-6 but I sure as hell don't think he has 5 gimmes.

• Options
    If Sark loses at home to Arizona he's in serious danger of having a losing season and the fire sark talks will grow really loud after Oregon plungers us for the 3 game losing streak going on 4 the following week at ASU.

I think he beats Arizona though. Like I said Sark tends to win those games since it's at home. Conversely, at ASU and Oregon State are the type of games a good coach wins but Sark always blows.