Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Disney wants to do movie of 2016 Alamo Bowl

2»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

That Alamo Bowl loss was a win in many ways.

Slingblade hired Yost who is a better OC than himself and the new kid he promoted to OC. So, if things start to slack he will just let Yost do his thing.

It also got Pellum taken out of the DC role. We will see who he hires and how they do, but the guy wants to keep his job and I think he is working harder than any mediocre coach in history.

Usually a mediocre coach just rides it out, gets that extra year to really suck and collects his millions. Slingblade is trying to get to year five and I think he might actually get it. When he was first hired I don't think one person saw him getting past year four.

there is so much awesomeness in this post, it reads like satire from making fun of posts about our shit coaches over the years. He's working harder than ever!!!!!1!!
    UW has shit coaches that are lazy. Oregon has a shit coach that is trying his best to put really good coaches around him so the program doesn't suck.

There is something to be said about a guy not taking the money grab when gifted a seven figure job he didn't earn.
    This is a "Oregon wins it all.....Ohio State is really
    Good." type of post.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

This is the ultimate doog thread

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Oregons fans be like

Wood hit.
    She was very fuckable in HBO's Rome as well.
    Same in Kama Sutra

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Oregons fans be like

Wood hit.
    She was very fuckable in HBO's Rome as well.
    She was way more of a smoke on Rome.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

That Alamo Bowl loss was a win in many ways.

Slingblade hired Yost who is a better OC than himself and the new kid he promoted to OC. So, if things start to slack he will just let Yost do his thing.

It also got Pellum taken out of the DC role. We will see who he hires and how they do, but the guy wants to keep his job and I think he is working harder than any mediocre coach in history.

Usually a mediocre coach just rides it out, gets that extra year to really suck and collects his millions. Slingblade is trying to get to year five and I think he might actually get it. When he was first hired I don't think one person saw him getting past year four.

there is so much awesomeness in this post, it reads like satire from making fun of posts about our shit coaches over the years. He's working harder than ever!!!!!1!!
    UW has shit coaches that are lazy. Oregon has a shit coach that is trying his best to put really good coaches around him so the program doesn't suck.

There is something to be said about a guy not taking the money grab when gifted a seven figure job he didn't earn.
    This is a "Oregon wins it all.....Ohio State is really
    Good." type of post.
    Consider the source.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Everyone is talking about the difference between Pellum and Wilcox.

Big win!

It will be Nolan.
    His overall resume is substantially better than the average Pac-12 DC. Monte Kiffen's was also and he was fucking terrible.

Either way it will be interesting.
    Dialed in, as always
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Mosster, come on man...

That Alamo was embarrassing on many levels. It was the only time in 25 years of following this team, I laughed when they lost. I actually started to root for TCU late in the 3rd quarter when they showed a shot of Pellum on the sideline. I realized then, a loss like that would send him packing. By mid 4th quarter though, I realized after the 47th ground ball snapped by our backup center, that if this coaching staff can't even get our 2nd string center to shot gun snap the ball or go under center, then how can I expect them to actually hire a decent coordinator. I realized, it was over.

I opened up the scotch cabinet, poured a 12 year Glendronach, and watched in cynical laughter, as the final 8 minutes and overtime confirmed my observations.

Oregon football was diagnosed with terminal cancer on January 16th, 2013. It officially died on January 2nd, 2016.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Mosster, come on man...

That Alamo was embarrassing on many levels. It was the only time in 25 years of following this team, I laughed when they lost. I actually started to root for TCU late in the 3rd quarter when they showed a shot of Pellum on the sideline. I realized then, a loss like that would send him packing. By mid 4th quarter though, I realized after the 47th ground ball snapped by our backup center, that if this coaching staff can't even get our 2nd string center to shot gun snap the ball or go under center, then how can I expect them to actually hire a decent coordinator. I realized, it was over.

I opened up the scotch cabinet, poured a 12 year Glendronach, and watched in cynical laughter, as the final 8 minutes and overtime confirmed my observations.

Oregon football was diagnosed with terminal cancer on January 16th, 2013. It officially died on January 2nd, 2016.

Hey, that's a pretty long time to live with terminal cancer, congratulations!

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It sounds like Oregon needs to bottom out before a real recovery can occur.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Why make a movie about the Alamo Bowl? The Pac-12 #2 vs Big 12 #3?

Regardless of heroics this game at its core isn't important enough to warrant a movie.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

Regardless of heroics this game at its core isn't important enough to warrant a movie.

Billy Bob Thornton is tanned, rested, and ready.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mosster47 said:

If Disney was smart enough to name the movie "End of the Duck Dynasty" you'd get millions of rednecks that would show up on accident.